Are Miracle Grow Nutrients okay?

HerbDoctor

Okay so I said I was going to use Fox Farm nutrients.....But I ran into a financial snag. So I picked up some all purpose liquid Miracle-Gro w/ N-P-K of 12-4-8. What do you guys think? Has anyone tried this before?

I mixed 1/4 of the recommended dosage... Also Picked up some "Schultz Take Root" to clone her. Hope all goes well..
2011-07-29_23_29_39.jpg

The short answer is no, most people would prefer something like clonex get for cloning also.

There are many nutrient lines, for a starter try the fox farm trio. Big Bloom, Tiger Bloom, Grow Big. I would suggest no more than half strength.

I bought some of that MGAPPF (and thats about the same sound I made after I used it a few times). Truth is that specific MG food doesn't contain all the nutes the plant needs for a healthy grow and you will have def. problems down the road. If you have to use MG nutes you would be better off using their tomato food and some orchid food for extra nitrogen if needed for veg. and their bloom booster for flower. I did the same thing and all I can say is the all purpose food is the worst nute blend by MG for your cannabis.

Like I mentioned in my first thread, I am low on cash at the moment. Therefor I am going with nutrients at a fraction of the cost. As far as my cloning powder, I know for a fact it will work just as good at any other rooting brand.

I was just giving you my input based on what happened to me when I used that specific mix, and only because you asked. If I sounded like "You bought what, You must now sleep with the fishes" Well that was certainly not my intent. I understand tight pockets my fellow grower that's why I bought the stuff (and some lack of knowledge on plant nutes). In the end you gotta do what you gotta do, when you can though upgrade the nutes, you'll be happy you did.

I know for a fact you're right about the cloning powder because I have taken 16 cuttings so far, half of which without any cloning hormone at all (cuz I dropped the stuff on the floor...oops!) and I haven't lost one yet.

Just for some info, I got the tomato food for under $5 at our local un-friendly neighborhood WM, but the bloom booster was close to $20.

Happy Harvest to all :thumb:

I'll say it again... when the family ( I was a youngun at the time... watch the old man jokes!) moved to Oregon in 77... it was a different time.

We used MG for years and never had anything but success. It's true there is better stuff on the market, there is worse too!

Give it a shot and you may surprise yourself and a few others. I'm not advocating for the stuff, I just know we grew tons of awesome ganj w/it and I won't say anything bad about it... peace out my brethren!

Hey Crazy Horse I had 4 plants growing and only one had these really wide fan leaves, they looked just like this pic you posted. Also if I rubbed a fan leaf it had a hint of a lemon smell. It may not be the same as yours there but I am trying to narrow down the strain if I can. here is a pic.

Picture_0768.jpg

BTW! I did grow him out using MG nutrients, just not the all-purpose blend. May he rest in peace cuz he smelled so good.

I was just giving you my input based on what happened to me when I used that specific mix, and only because you asked. If I sounded like "You bought what, You must now sleep with the fishes" Well that was certainly not my intent. I understand tight pockets my fellow grower that's why I bought the stuff (and some lack of knowledge on plant nutes). In the end you gotta do what you gotta do, when you can though upgrade the nutes, you'll be happy you did.

I know for a fact you're right about the cloning powder because I have taken 16 cuttings so far, half of which without any cloning hormone at all (cuz I dropped the stuff on the floor...oops!) and I haven't lost one yet.

Just for some info, I got the tomato food for under $5 at our local un-friendly neighborhood WM, but the bloom booster was close to $20.

Happy Harvest to all :thumb:

Hey iminadaze, I wrote that post towards Maer. I should have quoted him. Its just seems like some people don't read the post and just answer with no intention of helping. I had mentioned I was low on cash, and he also decides to add that I needed to buy better cloning power/jell as well. It seems like some people just post to get numbers up on post count. Your advice on the other hand was very very very helpful and I can tell you read my post because you mentioned low cost nutes that would be better then what I bought. Thank you for your input, and I will be going to lowes or walmart to purchase some tomato food and bloom booster.

Wow crazy horse tell me about cheesus? Sounds delish! Wow doc the MG is treating ou amazingly! I'm glad brotha! Keep up the visuals on it!

Yeah I will not be using MG soil what so ever. Thanks for the warning though. I went with Fox Farms Ocean Forest soil, great stuff I love it.:bong:

I am currently using promix that I add about 25%-30% perlite to.
I have read so many good things about FFOF and I want to try it. When I first went for soil I went to a bunch of stores and one of them sold fox farm, now I can't remember which one of the stores it was. :tokin: I wonder why that is? :tokin:

The main thing about MG is that because it is a CHEMICAL fertilizer and in no way organic, you want to make doubly sure that you FLUSH, FLUSH, FLUSH before harvesting your crop! I'm talking a couple of weeks worth with Clearex or homemade equivilent or RO water properly PHed of course.

You definitely don't want to be ingesting any left over MG left in your buds! ;)

I only use MG on Cannabis for a sick plant that is in dire need of rapid nute replenishment. I've found that nothing works faster to restore a nute deficiency of recently transplanted clones and few week old seedlings than MG. Probably because it has such HIGH numbers compared to FoxFarm and other more popular Cannabis nutes.

As for other crops... I SWEAR BY MG Tomato for my Tomatoes and Jalapeno peppers! THEY LOVE IT!

Back
Top Bottom