Ask Us Anything: Sharing Knowledge 420 Style

Ive found if I pull dead leafs and leafs that are a blocking and crap that wont amount to shit a little every week its not so much at one time. It also is a little shock weekly instead of a heavy defoil at one time. I scope the crap I pull off. I think a light defoil weekly is best.

Muzzybuds, you got to keep them lights at 18" and do what ever you have to do. My plan is to veg this tent run to 2'-2 1/2' then flip. I hope I dont run out of room too.

Fox Farm is a Calif. company thats been growing weed since the 60's. Or have been making products for growing weed for a long time. Im glad its available for me. With only 5-6 yard grows I finally used it by their schedule last year and it couldent of been better. Surprising, read the directions. I thought Big Bloom was for flower only but the directions say different. I get big, beautifuly dense buds with FF by their schedule.

Last week sqirtin them with the hose to rid the Russets I ripped a big main Banana cola 95% off and I taped it up and no wilt. I couldent believe it. Ive had stocks damn near rip in half and no droop either.

Blazin Jones, I think you should pollinate maybe 3 times in a week and thats it. Rain free days. My first yard grow I bred seeds. I figured why not. I took multiple fem clones to a ordinary blue dream/blueberry male. With this years yard grow I only grew one that i bred and its the only one without a Russet problem. First year Im growing fancy bought seeds and all are infested. I dont know if what I bred in the yard is immune to the Russets. But you know that 90% of next years out door will be what ive bred. All the fancy bought seeds will be grown inside. I do a spring yard grow every year and Ive thought of breeding them. Their done by June outside. I got a ton of seeds from my first breeding to grow and 90% are killer so far.

Can anyone suggest a treatment plan for the yard area with the Russets once the plants are pulled? Id like to treat my yard grow area between grows and not sure with what. I understand it as the Fem. Russet hibernates and lays eggs the next year to stay alive, not the eggs lasting and then hatching in the spring? This kinda dictates treatment. Fuck if its the eggs that last and hatch, much more difficult to control. Im thinking once the eggs are laid theres a incubation period and they hatch regardless??

Great Day 420

Method 1 pps works great for all types of mites.
Definitely check it out.

Am I being paranoid or is this a sign my plant turned hermy. I'm fairly new, quite far into flower outdoors.
420-magazine-mobile628721941.jpg
420-magazine-mobile2001651529.jpg

Help I checked my auto flower just before I left for work and I'm not sure if it has hermie anyone have a picture so I can be sure when I get back from work

insert the photo's in a post in this thread

like this
birds_004.jpg
2_main_004.jpg

hey, could you confirm if i got it right this time with photos and all? this is the first time i`m posting like this so i have no idea if i`m even getting seen. also if you had any advice for the mess i made. thanks again.

I wouldn't worry about the hairs honestly, just focus on the trichs, and yes could see the pics you posted

oh so thankful for your response. i`ll try to have some faith now and stop worrying so much. i`m now using a small paintbrush to manually remove all the whitefly eggs that didn`t come off with the spray and soap. quite the bitch, but live and learn. 3rd grow i`ll be a little bit more ready. happy gardening!

Yes thank you for your help I'm a little hesitant on using lst as I'm using thin wire and every time I tie it down I come back a couple hours later and the branch has slipped back to normal position and the wire is down the branch maybe I'm not using it right enough? Would it be better if I just lst the main branch or lst every little beach to let them get there own light

Don't use wire. As the plant grows and pulls the wire can cut into the plants. I'm loving my binder clips and twist tie combo. You can buy a spool of cut-to-length twist tie from Home Depot's garden section for a few bucks. Then just some strategically drilled holes or clips and it's all set.

I do it as high up as is strong enough on the main branches. (And i prune a lot of leaves to get light in because I'm running CFLs. If i were on LED, i probably wouldn't as much because the light penetration is better)

From my limited experience, it does work well if you give it the time and love. Create a small hook on one end and secure the other end. Pull gently to bring the branch down or away to where you need it.

Check my journal in my sig if you're curious. Here's a couple shots of my Lucy when she was young in her LST bondage. Be gentle though. I just split one of my girls in half. She's surviving it beautifully and it sounds like a lot of people run into this mistake.

420-magazine-mobile1396814380.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1835943388.jpg

Went to my local hyrdo store and they have wire that's covered with a rubber shell specifically designed for LST, works awesome just like a twist tie, just thicker and rubber

Thanks guys I really appreciate it let me show you my plant and why I want to lst and possible trim some leafs
420-magazine-mobile109769553.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1335077076.jpg
so this is the set up I'm running even though I have led lights I still want light to get through the bottom so I added 4 100 w equable this lights with dome reflectors and if you can tell it's a 5 gal air pot. My last and final question would be in a week or 2 when ever I decide to flip to roots continue to grow during flower. If they do if like to transplant one last time to let her keep growing as much as she can while making my baby's .

My buds hung for a day but drastically lost size and moisture. They've bee in paper bags but are always dry to the touch and when I squeeze have some bounce but no sticky residue; is it time to jar and begin curing? I'm

im wondering if anyone has ever used or knows about california lightworks solarstorm 880 and 440. i can pick up a set for $500 only 3 months old. thanks for any answers

I've read about them a lot, I'm not a fan of the fact that they're on the pink side, or their price tag. However an 880+440 for $500? You simply can't beat that price, or won't get anything better for the price. That's around 970w of true draw without the use of the fluorescent bulbs, even these cheap Chinese LEDs still go for $1/w.

im wondering if anyone has ever used or knows about california lightworks solarstorm 880 and 440. i can pick up a set for $500 only 3 months old. thanks for any answers
Shit for that price I want a couple sets for myself. I've got a 220w little baby. Can't give any results or feedback tho since I just got started

Hi folks, I throwing out this SOS on a couple of forums and I'm hoping to get some help. From the looks of things I have a serious problem with a zinc deficiency, and I'm starting to think I may have created a nute lockout when I changed from grow to flower nutrients. In the past 5 days my leaves have gone from photo 1 to photo 2 and my lower leaves are turning yellow and crispy brown. I'm thinking I need to flush does everybody agree? My tap water Ph is about 7.5 and I'm growing in a good potting soil/perlite mix in 5 gal cloth geo pots the girls are in their 5th week of flower (CKS says 9 weeks of flower to harvest). Do I need to ph all 10 gallons of the flush water? How quickly should I complete flushing 1 hour, 1 day? Once flushing is complete, how soon can I add 1/2 strength cal mag and terpinator?
Photo1

P9116970c.JPG

Photo 2

P9207022c.JPG

Photo 3

P9207029c.JPG

I can tell the method I use to sterilize the grow room between grows. I use ozone. 24 hours will kill everything in the room, including insects, mouses and so on. It kills spores, pollen and everything else that can threaten your grows. It also sterilizes everything you put in that room. Just don't inhale it

Good day fellow growers

I have a question if some one can please advise.This plant below has already been harvested but i want opinions regarding the spotting on the leaves , the issue only started after i added some extra light to my grow but also while the plant was in the last 2 weeks on pure water no nutes . Also issue started on top fan leaves and spread to the sugar leaves

Now this started happening to my other one as well also at the top of the plant .There are no bugs that i can find .On the one below i believed it was due to lockout becuase of the heavy clawed leaves with the spots , but the current one is looking great just started spotting up and also spread to suger leaves now

When looking at the spots the seem white or bage not like rust spots one normally sees.The buds also feel a bit crisp almost like she is not drinking .She has not been fed any nutes in just over 2 weeks just water .I think its a defiecency from not being fed ???

Also in a case like this when your so close to harvest what would you guys recommend? .Just letter her go the last bit or feed ? And please any other advice regarding this would be great

420-magazine-mobile258964595.jpg

420-magazine-mobile2004016277.jpg

Thanks guys . from africa

Back
Top Bottom