Aussie gorilla growers

S

SEO Parasite

Hi everyone
Been growing outdoors for a while now, here to share my experiences and gain some new knowledge and friends.
I live in Sydney.
I've mainly grown home grown seeds, BUT with autoflower feminised seeds it's been a dream run the last few years, I've managed to grow all year round with them, and the the quality and flavours now is getting me pumped to see where is all goes.
Here's what I've grown

* Local sourced seeds ( midnorth coast NSW Australia )

Australia bush bud, ( northern lights, but not the quality what the seed banks supply )

*Bonza seeds ( my first taste of autoflower seeds )
Blue mammoth, Sour diesel X cheese, Liberty haze, Pineapple chunk, NZ 2 pounder, Dr feelgood, northern lights.

*MSNL
Blue dream, mango reg, tangerine dream, pure power plant, gorilla glue, Jack herer, silver haze.

*Seedsman
Wedding cake, amnesia, fatkids cake, monster Bruce banner, pineapple glue, amazing haze, White widow, Bubba Kush.

Getting seeds in Australia is a nightmare, you got to pay for stealth guaranteed shipping, and sorry, from my personal experience the above companies have great products, great prices, but they all lack badly in customer service and postage.
On average I get 1 in 3 packages sent to me, then it's the 2 week reply time waiting for someone to give you the same auto generated response is painful, only reason I go back is the quality.

Thanks you for reading

Talk soon

Welcome aboard mate. Looks like you've been busy the past few years. That's a nice list of beans you've grown out. I hope you start a grow journal and share some of those excellent genetics with the community.

Hi everyone
Been growing outdoors for a while now, here to share my experiences and gain some new knowledge and friends.
I live in Sydney.
I've mainly grown home grown seeds, BUT with autoflower feminised seeds it's been a dream run the last few years, I've managed to grow all year round with them, and the the quality and flavours now is getting me pumped to see where is all goes.
Here's what I've grown

* Local sourced seeds ( midnorth coast NSW Australia )

Australia bush bud, ( northern lights, but not the quality what the seed banks supply )

*Bonza seeds ( my first taste of autoflower seeds )
Blue mammoth, Sour diesel X cheese, Liberty haze, Pineapple chunk, NZ 2 pounder, Dr feelgood, northern lights.

*MSNL
Blue dream, mango reg, tangerine dream, pure power plant, gorilla glue, Jack herer, silver haze.

*Seedsman
Wedding cake, amnesia, fatkids cake, monster Bruce banner, pineapple glue, amazing haze, White widow, Bubba Kush.

Getting seeds in Australia is a nightmare, you got to pay for stealth guaranteed shipping, and sorry, from my personal experience the above companies have great products, great prices, but they all lack badly in customer service and postage.
On average I get 1 in 3 packages sent to me, then it's the 2 week reply time waiting for someone to give you the same auto generated response is painful, only reason I go back is the quality.

Thanks you for reading

Talk soon
Hey Sweater, great to see the list of strains you've grown. Good work with growing the autos all year around. Here in NZ a mate tried that, but the yield and growth significantly dropped in the colder/darker months. Sydney weather's would be a bit more supportive I'd reckon.
You've tried a fair few 'big names' in that list, what have been the standout auto strains you've grown, and for that matter the photos too?

The only one to stand out for me and I've ordered 20 more is liberty haze, in winter I can get a pound per plant outdoors, but I put it down to the seeds.
These auto flower seeds can be abused and still grow quality weed, looks funny but wow. I'm addicted to them.
Liberty haze
Its got a hectic lemon after taste, I mean hectic, the best taste of lemon, it's like you have a puff and someone throws a lemon in ya mouth when you exhale.
Pineapple chunk comes second for taste, that pineapple after taste is something new to me, mmmmmmm pineapple.
I personally love it.
Barney seeds, bonza seeds is where I got them from.
Like Australia postage is the problem in NZ, make sure you get the resend option. Cause all these seed banks don't really stealth send them, I read comments of hectic ways people have received them, but me it's always the same method, a hair band with them or a bike tyre, this is my personal hate with them, I spend $50 for stealth and get a head ban or tyre, most don't show so it's a resend and a few more months wait.
I've never tried any Australian seed banks yet, bonza, MSNL and seedsman are the only ones I can 100% recommend for you, even thou I bitch about there service the seeds are awesome, and they all germinated.
Hope that helps you out my brother
Go the all blacks

Welcome to the forum @Sweater76 :welcome:

I would love to see some pics, if you have any :popcorn:

I'll
Welcome aboard mate. Looks like you've been busy the past few years. That's a nice list of beans you've grown out. I hope you start a grow journal and share some of those excellent genetics with the community.

I would love too help

I'll dig up some stuff and make
hi Sweater, quite a few Ozzie based seedbanks now which post within Australia.
Ok
Tell me more please sir
Have you used them
Can you post me a link

I'm keen to branch off to a better service

The only one to stand out for me and I've ordered 20 more is liberty haze, in winter I can get a pound per plant outdoors, but I put it down to the seeds.
These auto flower seeds can be abused and still grow quality weed, looks funny but wow. I'm addicted to them.
Liberty haze
Its got a hectic lemon after taste, I mean hectic, the best taste of lemon, it's like you have a puff and someone throws a lemon in ya mouth when you exhale.
Pineapple chunk comes second for taste, that pineapple after taste is something new to me, mmmmmmm pineapple.
I personally love it.
Barney seeds, bonza seeds is where I got them from.
Like Australia postage is the problem in NZ, make sure you get the resend option. Cause all these seed banks don't really stealth send them, I read comments of hectic ways people have received them, but me it's always the same method, a hair band with them or a bike tyre, this is my personal hate with them, I spend $50 for stealth and get a head ban or tyre, most don't show so it's a resend and a few more months wait.
I've never tried any Australian seed banks yet, bonza, MSNL and seedsman are the only ones I can 100% recommend for you, even thou I bitch about there service the seeds are awesome, and they all germinated.
Hope that helps you out my brother
Go the all blacks
All the strains you've named are well known or ones that other folk have praised so I guess a lot is down to personal taste. I have been interested in most of them but curious about the Pineapple Chunk and Jack Herer.
Which ones were the Auto strains that you found to be good. From your list I wasn't sure whether everything from and after Bonza Seeds were autos or a mix with photos.
I am with you on the hassle of losing orders to seizures, it is a real pisser. Our last one was only successful after 2 re-sends (420) which came so late after the original order I couldn't grow them last outdoor season. Cheers man. :hookah:

All the strains you've named are well known or ones that other folk have praised so I guess a lot is down to personal taste. I have been interested in most of them but curious about the Pineapple Chunk and Jack Herer.
Which ones were the Auto strains that you found to be good. From your list I wasn't sure whether everything from and after Bonza Seeds were autos or a mix with photos.
I am with you on the hassle of losing orders to seizures, it is a real pisser. Our last one was only successful after 2 re-sends (420) which came so late after the original order I couldn't grow them last outdoor season. Cheers man. :hookah:
Pineapple chunk destroys Jack Herer
Jack is a good growing plant, yields are good, strength wise it's no match for the chunk.

All of them are auto flower feminised
I haven't tried the regular ones or just auto flowering.
I'm obsessed with auto flower feminised at the moment.

All of them are auto flower feminised
I haven't tried the regular ones or just auto flowering.
I'm obsessed with auto flower feminised at the moment.
Wow, that's impressive. A lot of people are worried that the potency of auto will leave them wanting compared to photos. So I guess the Liberty Haze and Pineapple Chunk must have been potent enough for you to be fully satisfied with the harvest quality! Great stuff! :thumb:

Nice to meet you mate, I have ordered twice now from Aussie Canna received both orders, Not sure on the end quality as I have yet to grow any out as yet, but all specimens look great. yantra in Byron were great, with good international seeds, but are closed now. Currently waiting on my resent order from seedsman, seems Australia has really tightened up quite recently with seeds.

Hi guys sorry to jump in, when you say pineapple chunk auto, which seed bank has the best genetics in your opinion

Pineapple chunk is bonza seeds
Best genetics
Honestly I can't choose
It's how you grow them, under lights I've heard they are the bomb, I can't do lights only deep bush.
I use this
Worm casting, compost, worm tea, garden dirt, mulch on top so the castings don't dry to super hard dirt, and compost worms outta your bin, this makes a big difference, you will need to add more dirt mixer later on if your using pots, the root system gets to the size of a basket.
Note
Worm tea
It's castings, water, and use a fish air pump to run air in it for a few days.
It's not the waste water run off in the bottom of the farm or you catchment bottle, this is good as well, use that liquid gold with water and it's not bad.
Cheers
Hope that helps bro

I also run a worm farm that I got just for growing our favorite plant! Last season I used some worm wee for every watering and used worm castings in the container soil mix too. For stealth reasons I couldn't let them get above 2.5 feet high but the biggest still gave almost 11oz dried, so I feel the worm wee & castings can't have done any harm.

I don't have one, but I've read great things about using an airpump to oxygenate the water as the plants apparently really love the extra oxygen. Altho I did change my plastic pots to 'airpots' by drilling lots of holes in them.

Nice to meet you mate, I have ordered twice now from Aussie Canna received both orders, Not sure on the end quality as I have yet to grow any out as yet, but all specimens look great. yantra in Byron were great, with good international seeds, but are closed now. Currently waiting on my resent order from seedsman, seems Australia has really tightened up quite recently with seeds.

Cheers
Aussie canna has nothing in there shop
But thank you
I thought it
I also run a worm farm that I got just for growing our favorite plant! Last season I used some worm wee for every watering and used worm castings in the container soil mix too. For stealth reasons I couldn't let them get above 2.5 feet high but the biggest still gave almost 11oz dried, so I feel the worm wee & castings can't have done any harm.

I don't have one, but I've read great things about using an airpump to oxygenate the water as the plants apparently really love the extra oxygen. Altho I did change my plastic pots to 'airpots' by drilling lots of holes in them.
IMG20200118113024.jpg

My man
Here's mine

Aqua one air pump $25
It kick starts the bacterial crap

Pineapple chunk is bonza seeds
Best genetics
Honestly I can't choose
It's how you grow them, under lights I've heard they are the bomb, I can't do lights only deep bush.
I use this
Worm casting, compost, worm tea, garden dirt, mulch on top so the castings don't dry to super hard dirt, and compost worms outta your bin, this makes a big difference, you will need to add more dirt mixer later on if your using pots, the root system gets to the size of a basket.
Note
Worm tea
It's castings, water, and use a fish air pump to run air in it for a few days.
It's not the waste water run off in the bottom of the farm or you catchment bottle, this is good as well, use that liquid gold with water and it's not bad.
Cheers
Hope that helps bro
Thanks man , just sounds delicious and want to run something tastes on the next run, I’m indoor grower so sounds like it should be a good one. I use to live in Australia mate like ten years ago and I use to buy half pounds of white rhino and it was the absolute shit! Miss aus so much :( always wanted to grow outdoors!!

Back
Top Bottom