Auto-Feminized Candy Cane Gender Confusion

BuddyGram

Hey everyone! I know this question has been asked and answered a million times in these forums. However, as a first-time grower, I've viewed images of male vs female plants that look similar to my own plants; which only adds to my confusion and anxiety around the sex of my plant.

I started growing 2 Candy Cane Autos 4 & 5 weeks ago. The reason for the 1 week difference was because the younger, took more time to actually germinate before I was able to plant it in soil. For the most part, once the growth started, there wasn't much difference in their size, etc.

However, I recently noticed that both plants seem to have started flowering, which is good news! While exploring bud sites on both plants, I noticed on the younger (4 week old), that it seems to have some ball-like growth in some areas; whereas the older plant doesn't really seem to have this. I waited a few days to see what would happen to the ball-like growth. At a few of the sites, it appears that there are pistils that have developed but in other locations, the sac still seems to look like a sac. I intentionally wanted my first grow to be with auto-fem seeds to not have the concern over the sex of the plant. On one hand, I'm thinking that this younger plant just hasn't developed enough to confirm the sex of the plant. On the other hand, if it is a male plant, I would like to know immediately so that I can remove it from my grow tent altogether. Both plants seem to be flowering, although the older plant seems to be further along in this process.

Can you guys take a look at my pictures and do your best to let me know if I have a male or female plant? Is it possible for an auto-fem seed to turn male? Am I just being a typical first-time grower with nothing to worry about? I'm definitely looking for responses from experienced growers more so than other first-time growers who are probably learning as they go (like I am).

auto_fem_at_4_weeks_old.JPG

View image in gallery

:welcome: Buddy!

Where are these pictures of which you speak. I'm sure you will get feedback once we can see what you're talking about.
If needed, take a look at the Photo Gallery Guide for help with pictures.

-edit-
NVR mind. I see you got it sorted out.

Looks OK to me. I see calyx development and pistils = fem.
In another week, I bet they look good to you. If not, you have time.

Thanks Major PITA! This plant has been my problem child from the beginning. As mentioned, it took a week longer just to germinate and it developed, what I assume is nutrient burn which caused yellowing/browning of some of the leaves. Since the other plant seems to be healthy and I'm treating them both the same, I assumed they would look identical to each other. Perhaps that 1 week different in their growth is much more significant than I thought.

Back
Top Bottom