Auto flower light schedule different than photo?

1969gtx

Not sure which section to post this in, so I'll try it here.
I haven't tried auto's yet, but I dropped a sprouted RQS diesel auto seed yesterday. I have it on 24 hr cfl now, and will introduce it into the flower tent in a week or so if it peeks it head above soil. My plan was to start this now, and should be ready to go into my flower tent in a month, when my 4 photo plants are ready to flip.
Is there a different light schedule for auto's? I'm reading info all over the board, from 20/4 all the way through, to a normal schedule for photo plants, like 18/6 for veg, then into 12/12 for flower.

i think autos prefer more light than a 12/12 schedule tbh, most people run 18/6-20/4 or even 24hrs through the whole cycle.
ive had my autos on 19/5 throughtt cycle and will stay on that till harvest.

I've done 18/6 20/4 and 24 with autos
Stuck with 20/4 which I use for all my veg and autos now

I'm a believer they need a bit of dark in their lives

Thanks for the replies, and happy easter!
Since putting an auto in with the photo's isn't going to work, I guess I'll just drop more auto seeds and dedicate the second tent to them. I've got a few super mazar auto freebie seeds. If my seedsman 420 order arrives, I'll be loaded with autos!

Thanks for the replies, and happy easter!
Since putting an auto in with the photo's isn't going to work, I guess I'll just drop more auto seeds and dedicate the second tent to them. I've got a few super mazar auto freebie seeds. If my seedsman 420 order arrives, I'll be loaded with autos!
Nah it works fine mate. They don't yield as much on 12/12. I find mine are about 40% smaller when they get 12/12 for most of their lives. Can't say I noticed a difference in quality though. They stay smaller and more compact too which is handy when you're just doing it to fill space around photos.

Back
Top Bottom