Auto Growers Unite: A Community Thread

That auto is looking good man. Be glad its staying squat. Looks like your light the right distance too. I wold not top autos to much.. it will slow their growth and thwy only have so many days. But others here will correct me if im wrong .
Good luck

That auto is looking good man. Be glad its staying squat. Looks like your light the right distance too. I wold not top autos to much.. it will slow their growth and thwy only have so many days. But others here will correct me if im wrong .
Good luck
Thanks on the compliment. I started in a seedling box I made with a T5 6500K Blue bulb. Moved into my veg tent with a 100 HLG DIY board. Hanging at about 30" right now, it's a 4000K with a super strong blue bandwidth spectrum. It has a reasonable red band also, so I'm planning at this point to run with it all the way through harvest. I am running a 24hr light schedule also. My intent with the light distance is just as you called it, shorter node spacing. Doing well so far and I'm happy with the results. I will start lowering the light around 21days by about 6inches at first.

I've been very cautious with regards to topping. I'm using Mega Crop single nutrient and will start adding some Silica into the mix with the next mix. Currently it's drinking about 300ml per day. It did appear to have Thrip damage a week ago, so I spray'd and feel I have defeated the little bastards.

CBD Star Auto headed to drying. 10 weeks and 3 days. My accidental topping half way in on the one worried me but it turned out thicker even after the late stage damage.

Attachments

• 8FDD37C3-5089-42B5-BF13-82192A2867E8.jpeg
    8FDD37C3-5089-42B5-BF13-82192A2867E8.jpeg
    629.2 KB · Views: 51
  • A8BD057E-524C-46D9-A7FD-83219EBA7624.jpeg
    A8BD057E-524C-46D9-A7FD-83219EBA7624.jpeg
    574.2 KB · Views: 58
Just noticed today when I watered that some tiny brown bugs came out of the soil when I watered. I have not noticed them before. They don't seem to be on the plants but in the soil. They run around fast but don't seem to be flying or anything.

I have seen people recommend neem oil and/or soapy water. Also have diametaceous earth on hand. I don't know if this will work since the plants are close to finishing and I don't want the treatment to affect the bud. In fact, they probably have only a week until finish. What should I do?!! Please help

Diatoma
Just noticed today when I watered that some tiny brown bugs came out of the soil when I watered. I have not noticed them before. They don't seem to be on the plants but in the soil. They run around fast but don't seem to be flying or anything.

I have seen people recommend neem oil and/or soapy water. Also have diametaceous earth on hand. I don't know if this will work since the plants are close to finishing and I don't want the treatment to affect the bud. In fact, they probably have only a week until finish. What should I do?!! Please help
DE works well when sprinkled on top of grow medium. Its is like sharp glass to them. It will shred them. Bioneem always good but not on buds so late.
I do find soil indoors attracts more bugs and pests. Especially if u adding worm castings.
Good luck.

GB.

Diatoma

DE works well when sprinkled on top of grow medium. Its is like sharp glass to them. It will shred them. Bioneem always good but not on buds so late.
I do find soil indoors attracts more bugs and pests. Especially if u adding worm castings.
Good luck.

GB.

Morning. How do you guys do your watering of seedlings on autos in large pots? Mine are not drying out like in small cups, don't want to over water but letting it get down to the 1" dry thing from the surface I would think that would be to much since they are only an inch or two high.

How do you guys do your watering of seedlings on autos in large pots?

Good morning Wayne! :high-five:

I weigh my pots to track water consumption. You will get a very good ‘feel’ for it.
:ganjamon:

Edited to add that I like to let it get pretty light before watering again. I feel like this encourages the plant to grow out the root system to seek out all the pockets of moisture.

DM applied to the soil/pot surface will not harm your plants in any way! A very effectiive control for several pest that may be attracted to the soil. If the plants look healthy ,do nothing if you only have a week to go, is my intuition.:)Many insects may harbor in the soil/media without feeding on the plant. They may be feeding on decomposing matter or other smaller critters you don't see. After harvest clean,,clean and clean some more! Don't reuse any unsterilized media, make sure your sources of media are clean or well composted fertilizer that kills weed seeds and is hostile to bugs/eggs is used, if using it in a media mix. Also wash shoes, tools, floor and walls to eliminate pest/eggs/disease that may come from inside or outside the grow room. If you use a vac,dust pan etc.be sure to empty outside properly and clean them all over and inside chambers! :rollit:BTW, in case of future actual infestations on the plants, a good washing of the buds will remove dust ,mites and natural pesticide residues (if any), from things like soap, neem oil, pyrethrin, rosemary oil. Look up bud washing, it does not always have to be complicated,with water additives, just two or three tubs of cold fresh water, a good shaking and hang to dry with very good air flow and a dehydrator set to about 50%-60%. When dry from bath, proceed with normal cure as required.

I want to comment on the Lamb's Breath Autos I mentioned a while back. It is mature and I began harvesting a few this weekend! They grew fast, flawless and large buds on sizable plants (for an auto)!:) Absolutely beautiful buds! Long spires some almost as long as my lower arm from elbow to finger tip! Green,gold and shades of purple in the leaves,delighting the eye as well as the taste and aroma, that is sweet, smooth with a finish of light spice and citrus. I quick dried a bud and it promises even better things to come when properly cured! I noticed a little longer veg before showing sexual character as compared to many early varieties of autofems. However, the quick flower time made up for this time spent, yielding a fast turnaround. So far the genetics look solid and most of the plants are very similar in appearance/size (a few were a bit taller than most,but maybe a cultural thing). Crop King has a winner in this one!:p A real nice, happy Sativa may add a bit of welcome variety to your stash! Also, people are eager, it seems, to try a variety with roots from Jamaica and reported to have been a well liked strain by Bob Marley!:ganjamon: The ease of auto's from seed makes this available to people everywhere, with little expertise in cultivating cannabis, tents or even expensive lights as it grows quite well under a T5 fixture to maturity! (recommend 6 Plus, 4ft. , high output bulbs=30,000 lumens,about $150 new) I grew 4 plants in 3 gallon fabric pots, organic soil under that, outside my larger grow tent and got great results ,just a little less bulk in the plants. An adjacent LED fixture grew even fuller buds than the T5, or the HPS ,that I was using for the big tent. A little time curing and I can properly assess flavor and potency between the grows.:rollit:

I've hit a small conundrum. I've got 4 different autos going thinking they would harvest about the same time. Wrong. All 4 look to be at different stages. I dry in my tent but I guess on this go around I'm gonna have to build a box or something. Don't know if I can rig up something to vent the box, to the tent, to the filter to keep the smell down or not. :confused:

Is your tent large enough that you could put in a cardboard box in place of one or more of the pots? Either one tall enough to hang long stems, or if shorter, you could use several layers of lightweight screens supported by thin dowels stuck through 2 opposite sides.

I’ve found that the intense ‘cannabis’ odor tends to get somewhat muted within a day or so of harvest, and the smell from the box is more hay-like after that. You could probably take it out of the tent at that point.
:passitleft:

I've hit a small conundrum. I've got 4 different autos going thinking they would harvest about the same time. Wrong. All 4 look to be at different stages. I dry in my tent but I guess on this go around I'm gonna have to build a box or something. Don't know if I can rig up something to vent the box, to the tent, to the filter to keep the smell down or not. :confused:
go for the box ... and after one day it will smell like hay anyway !!! thats normal btw heh

Back
Top Bottom