Autoflower soil

kram rollen

Going to start my second grow using autoflower seeds this time (tangerine dream). Just a little confused on soil. Looking for a premixed bag. Thanks for any advice.

Fox Farms Happy Frog is all I use for Autos, it allows me to start Mega Crop feeding the first day the seedlings are in soil.

Fertilizer at 1/3 to 1/4 strength on day one is important with autos, it allows you to train them to take in nutrition. Usually by the 5th gallon of nutes I'm at 5/6th strength and start full nutes when they start to flower.

I kinda figured on using the soil during veg, then slowly start using some flower nutrients.
Just be carefull, some soil with food in it can be a little strong for seedlings.
You can start the auto of in a little pot first with an inert soil, then up pot it into stronger soil.
Some people say to not up pot autos but if you don't leave them in the little pot to long it's fine.

Are you going to be feeding nutrients throughout the grow? I use biobizz light mix with 10-20% extra perlite added along with biobizz nutrients.
My first grow I used FFOF and advanced nutrients from seed. But I was reading, and started thinking that type of soil might be to hot for autos.

My first grow I used FFOF and advanced nutrients from seed. But I was reading, and started thinking that type of soil might be to hot for autos.
It's a strange one, I've seen people use FFOF with seedlings and get both results, one persons plant burn while another be perfectly ok. I think it depends on the particular plant, I personally don't think it's worth the risk.
If you're going to start the auto in a big pot, you could layer different soils in the pot, stronger soil at the bottom and weaker soil at the top. What's the other soil FF does? Happy frog?

It's a strange one, I've seen people use FFOF with seedlings and get both results, one persons plant burn while another be perfectly ok. I think it depends on the particular plant, I personally don't think it's worth the risk.
If you're going to start the auto in a big pot, you could layer different soils in the pot, stronger soil at the bottom and weaker soil at the top. What's the other soil FF does? Happy frog?
Yes That’s what theNuttyProfessor suggested. Seems reasonable, it’s easy to overthink this stuff hahaha

the fabric pots are handy too you can start small then sit into a bigger pot , i think the roots come through into the next so no transplanting either , im sure thats how they work, ( along with root air pruning )
Not sure on that one mate. Unless there's different types of fabric pots. The ones I use air prune the roots. I don't think anything can grow through them.

fabric-pots.jpg

Back
Top Bottom