B0rk Takes 2 RDWC: Green Crack & Blue Dream: LED

Yep.. floralicious (1-1-1) and koolbloom (0-10-10) which is the only change from what I did on the the Autos I did last time.. They just look weak to me..

And yea they have been doing perfectly fine other than the small blooms.. I've got 2 more weeks before the last week or two I just hope they kick it into high gear ;p
Yeah, I even started to go back to the beginning to look at your pictures along the way. I couldn't remember anything bad and didn't find anything so maybe they are just taking a little extra time. One thing I will say though is that there is a lot of stuff that seems to be right at the net. It isn't getting much light and won't really amount to anything. Next time give lollipopping a shot or just get rid of those lower branches altogether just after stretch.

That was the plan. until it just wasn't =/ .. when I couldn't reach around to trim things and take off lower sights I said screw it.. just let it be otherwise I'll end up snapping something off.. This was my first attempt with training on the RDWC.. learned quickly there isn't a way to tie things down easily ;P so it ended up getting out of hand to quickly. It's like they have a mind of their own!

This morning I did a complete drain of the entire system. I'm wondering if that is my problem as I only have been changing out 12g's of water at a time when there is really 16g left in the tubs.. I wouldn't think so as the last run I did I did this exact same method and had great buds.. not these popcorn buds .. either way I'm dialing down the feedings and will start the flush next week as I am leaving the third week of Dec and I want this to be finished before I head out.. Which in theory is week 9 so right along with what I need to be at. Not seeing any amber either with the scope.

18-12-02 152947.png

For feeding this time I did
3 4g buckets and the 12g res for mixing.. added all together and flooded into the tubs.. then I was a little short so added 4g more of z7'd water. For the feeding I did (z7'd the water)

5mL KBloom
1mL Floralic

5mL Micro
15 mL Bloom

this has left me with
1110 / 57º / 5.9ph. I'd lower this.. but I have noticed it lowers itself as the water gets drank so gonna let it ride here

Here's a view of the full tent

grow_2018 (1).jpg

And the one that is to tall for her own good.. these are the popcorn buds as well that I wish would get bigger.

grow_2018 (3).jpg

and some more bud shots

grow_2018 (4).jpggrow_2018 (5).jpggrow_2018 (6).jpggrow_2018 (7).jpg

all for today!

These plants are being stubborn.. they just won't get plump.. *shrugs*

I'm wondering if it's a root issue. or a nutrient issue or a strain issue or who knows.. I'm just going to call it how it is.. a tiny harvest! Next round I'm going back to how I did before.. Not draining the res every time and adding new nutrients in.. I'll just top off till the numbers dwindle then replenish.

One issue I did run into this past week is one of my air stones no longer pushes air.. clogged I guess.. but I had 2 in the res and one is working perfectly. So im wondering if the air stones in the tubs are the same.. I'll see when I harvest. I did one water change I believe last Thurs (5 days ago) and the level isn't down hardly at all.. Strange.

I leave for Holiday in a week so I have to cut these before then so I'm just going to Flush them tomorrow and cut on Friday. Hopefully it's something decent.

here's some updated shots
IMG_20181212_133325.jpg
IMG_20181212_133330.jpg

18-12-12 133210.png

18-12-12 133220.png

After thinking on it some.. I just decided to start flushing tonight. I am leaving earlier than expected so I'm going to harvest early and see what comes of this.. I opened up and looked at the roots.. I can't tell if those white spurs are fungi or roots.. I also don't like the color of the roots.. Brownish.. Seems off.. so I'm guessing that is the root of the problem. =/ the water level actually was going down.. I just forgot to close off my WL Value so it wasn't keeping it up high.

So they're drinking but still.. something seems off. I'm just going to harvest and put this one to bed tomorrow evening or the next.

for flushing I am using 280mL of the GH FloraKleen and my levels are 330ppm 6.0 ph (trying to get it down to 5.8)

heres some shots of the roots

IMG_20181212_160047.jpg
IMG_20181212_160036.jpg
IMG_20181212_155944.jpg
IMG_20181212_155928.jpg
IMG_20181212_155905.jpg
dd.jpg

Massive roots! I would agree with your assessment in the latest update and sounds like you are making the right moves considering your running out of time! Better safe than sorry!

I cut down the Blue Plant tonight.. The under growth was MUCH bigger than the upper.. but not as well defined.. It's annoying.. but lessons learned.. This will be my worst grow I've ever had but I've learned a lot from it.. I just wish the branches were fuller.. but none the less.. I'll be starting a new one after I get back in 2 weeks.

I'll be cutting down the Green Crack tomorrow and posting pics.. till then =)

Both plants are now down and drying in the tent.. I'm still annoyed with the way these plants ended.. When I cleaned out their tubs.. the water was brown and there was goop in the bottom of the tubs.. I'm guessing these plants just had root problems. ah well.. Another issue I see is the under growth.. after taking the tops off there is almost a complete plant under them =/ I wanted to get in there and clean them out but I just couldn't get inside to do that.. prob another reason the tops weren't plump.

I will start another grow in 2 weeks when I come back. I may do autos depending on how much I get from these plants..

Will post yield numbers once dry in a few days.. here's some shots.

IMG_20181214_173041.jpg

IMG_20181214_174653.jpg
IMG_20181214_181541.jpg
IMG_20181215_123802.jpg
IMG_20181215_123815.jpg
IMG_20181215_123818.jpg
IMG_20181215_132506.jpg

I'm not thrilled with how this all ended up that's for sure.. but I made up for in quantity of small buds.. not nearly as much as one would expect or the size.. but such is life =)

6.4oz of the Blue
4.05oz of the Green

That should last me till the end of the next grow. I wanted to start it before years end.. but I may start fresh with a new system if I can find better tubs so I don't have to use the support (yellow pieces) I'm also going to go with bulk heads over the uniseals.. just not a fan of how they are.

This all may change but that's why we grow isn't it! heres a shot of the popcorn buds..

IMG_20181217_144632.jpg

Cheers until 2019!

Updated photos...

and the ph for the first time has stayed at 5.7 for over a day.. so I'm happy about that.. I'm wondering if the stretch causes the drop.

Funny enough.. the right plant which was smaller than the left.. has skyrocketed to the big dog plant. will be interesting to see which is the better producer. I've noticed there are some LED burning going on but nothing I can do about that as the light is at the top of the tent.

The next photo is the left more developed plant and the last is the right. She's coming along so all is good!

No need for a res change today as the water level is high enough so I'll do one tomorrow or sunday depending on how much they drink tonight / tom.

Nothing major this week.. just watering daily with some water from the res to keep wet. they've both started on their next set of leaves so that's a +

Blue
0831181434.jpg

Green

0831181435.jpg

0831181435_HDR.jpg

I remember this time last time.. seems like they're not doing anything. I may install the time lapst camera again this weekend.. I enjoyed that on my PK grow.
I'm a new grower but did ur temp stay like that for the whole grow. I'm having a hard time controlling my temps averaging like 80 degrees thank u

I'm a new grower but did ur temp stay like that for the whole grow. I'm having a hard time controlling my temps averaging like 80 degrees thank u

I misposted this on the wrong journal ;p oops.. but yes my temps stayed consistant.. I have an inline chiller though to keep them low. Chillers are a must with RDWC

Back
Top Bottom