B0rk Goes RDWC - 3 Strains 550W LED Indoor

oh hey.. we're back! hope everyone is enjoying the new forums! The gallery uploading needs some work but otherwise I love the responsiveness of it! but now onto the good stuff!

Over feeding? hmm... and here I think I'm underfeeding lol.. The feed sked for Flora Series says

I've always said.. go big or go home... =)

Updated over head shot

full

They're looking good imho.. the one in the middle has some def's on the lower leafs just like the left.. but the upper leafs look great..
For the Res.. it's currently (after a refill of 4g's) 880ppm 67º and 6.0 ph.

I took a look at the roots.. this is left to right..

as far as I can tell they look good.. the middle one has a LOOONG root prob another foot in the water all tangled together.. was kinda freaky..

Tomorrow I'm going to try and build a little under SCROG and use pipe cleaners to pull with rather than the upper SCROG.. I'll def post my results and if it's going to work how I want it to.

all for now!

Just a suggestion, feel free to ignore, but with that super massive powerful pump you may want to throttle back the bubbles a bit. I know this guy (ahem) that beat his roots nearly to death before he realised what was happening.

Just a suggestion, feel free to ignore, but with that super massive powerful pump you may want to throttle back the bubbles a bit. I know this guy (ahem) that beat his roots nearly to death before he realised what was happening.

this guy.... hmm...... lol... all for suggestions as Im new to this. say to half? and open up the other valves (the non uses ones?)

edit. so I just turned the valves a little bit and the stones just died. not died died.. jsut died as no flow.. Is there a way of knowing if the roots are getting beat to death.. is this "guy" on here lol =)

That's odd. I have the same manifold and was able to reduce flow to the stones. That guy had a full rolling boil going on and kept noticing bits of white roots in the pump filter. That's when he figured he was beating them to death. No damaged roots since turning the flow of air down.

That's odd. I have the same manifold and was able to reduce flow to the stones. That guy had a full rolling boil going on and kept noticing bits of white roots in the pump filter. That's when he figured he was beating them to death. No damaged roots since turning the flow of air down.

"that guy" snickers... "that guy" ...

Thurs Update

Plants look great.. Res looks normal.. The smell... honestly. it doesn't smell rotten.. it smells wet. which I'm not sure what that smells like.. kinda like a fish tank but not.. I applied 20ml each of the z7 tonight as well.. I'll do a res change this weekend and go from there.

I was at a ph of 6.0 so I dropped 5mL of down to drop it and it's at 5.9 currently. so ill add another 5mL

I got some free time to be able to set up my lower teaser supports. wood pillars staples and pipe cleaners. I like my pipecleaners because I can constantly move them around.

Plant is sitting more open and lower now. which is how I am used to the other two are getting bushy. I removed some of the lower leaves that were spotted.. got tired of seeing them and going OH SH!

Just a mini update to before I have to head back to work.

Topped off with 2g of water.. ppm was 910 now is 850

tied down some of the branches on the Lemon and will do much more tomorrow just pressed on time also I'm going to defoal some on the middle plant.. the leaves are covering a lot of the undernodes and I just don't like that =)

Tonight I did a res drain and added 16g of new water.. before the drain I was.. 880ppm / 77° / 5.8ph .. to the new water I added in this order

8ml ea of z7
160ml micro
160ml grow
80ml bloom
80ml cali mag
which brought me to 1470 / 66 / 6.1

then I added 10ml of Ph Down. then turned on the system. I'm now sitting at 1190 / 67 / 5.9

to the actual plants.. I pulled the lemon down with the PC rig. then trimmed off some of the bigger in the way fan leaves off the middle. did nothing to the left plant.. just gonna let the GSC go for a bit.

all for tonight.. =) they're starting to smell like actual plants!

I'm guessing this is nutrient burn?

I expected as much on the last photo.. as that's the GSC.. which is a week behind.. but the newer leaves having it I'm guessing is not a good thing on the bigger. All part of the learning process! I'm still under the RDWC feed chart but I am gonna play it safe.. so I was reading 1200ppm I did 4g out and 4g of reg ph in.. dropped to around 1050 another 4/4 dropped to 980... and a final 4/4 to drop to 900 basically where I was when I did the res change before..

I'm thinking maybe I just should leave the res alone and not do a res changed till the numbers really start to drop. seeing as they're happy. So I'll see how this week goes.

other than this hmm moment.. that's all! =) I guess one nice thing with Hydro is once you notice a problem its easy to solve.. just gotta keep ya eye one them

Back
Top Bottom