RQS Critical 6-Pot RDWC 1st Grow

That are some big numbers! Ultimates from Dutch Passion? What is NTF & AFN? Sorry I’m not good with english shorties as I’m from Holland
Haha sorry mate, NFT is nutrient film technique. Roots grow in air instead of under water. And AFN is another forum thats basically just for auto growers.
Oh and yes, Dutch passion.

Haha sorry mate, NFT is nutrient film technique. Roots grow in air instead of under water. And AFN is another forum thats basically just for auto growers.
Cool, going to sign up there as I wanted a few northern light auto’s this summer :D
Saw alot of info already on there

I think it’s almost time to flip, what do you guys think!?

I want to do a heavy defoliation a few days before flip, so probably this week.

What’s the easiest way to do, with or without the net? Last time I took the net off and it was a pain in the ass to get all the branches back underneath :(
48313787-79EC-473E-9151-928DF593F48D.jpeg
710E17A5-B9E1-43A1-AAE7-B43E8EE39C39.jpeg

I think it’s almost time to flip, what do you guys think!?

I want to do a heavy defoliation a few days before flip, so probably this week.

What’s the easiest way to do, with or without the net? Last time I took the net off and it was a pain in the ass to get all the branches back underneath :(
48313787-79EC-473E-9151-928DF593F48D.jpeg
710E17A5-B9E1-43A1-AAE7-B43E8EE39C39.jpeg
I not sure but wouldn't removing the screen damage a lot of your growing tips? Just seems counter productive to me.

So yesterday I found some time to do all plants and finished a heavy defoliation.
Took some time.
I did it with the net still on them and managed to do all.
Here the before and after pics
E91D148A-6411-478D-855C-50596A036B42.jpeg
E8B42568-9ADF-4278-8524-20BAFC776AAD.jpeg
C9B1509F-6E24-4D31-880E-686571AD5A57.jpeg
384449A0-6FAF-4CA4-983B-F3D184AC8740.jpeg

Looking good Peter. I’d definitely be flipping them if it was me. Tuck for the first week or until the screen is filled whichever comes first. After 21 days I strip every leaf I can.

Checked on them today and saw this on the leaves of 3 plants.. can anyone tell me what’s going on?
C9FF1AD4-EE2B-455E-B729-F8807C254A1B.jpeg
924EB9BC-5A2C-4083-96C6-473018E95DD1.jpeg
F2249A59-C5D0-4D7C-BB81-BC727C944E2E.jpeg

used nft for 10 years before stopped growing for 7. loved it back then and have trays and stuff to redo but 1st attempt lost me a huge crop after electricity loss for 2 days ( burnt out socket in house) Roots died so fast and lost everything. lost confidence in it as had had no issues for years previously so went to coco , the recently rdwc. Still deciding on the dwc yet as bad light and start ruined 1st attempts yield.

used nft for 10 years before stopped growing for 7. loved it back then and have trays and stuff to redo but 1st attempt lost me a huge crop after electricity loss for 2 days ( burnt out socket in house) Roots died so fast and lost everything. lost confidence in it as had had no issues for years previously so went to coco , the recently rdwc. Still deciding on the dwc yet as bad light and start ruined 1st attempts yield.
How is growing on coco compared to soil growing?

Leaves look like could be from damage of bending or moving with the net etc... Def look about for any possible pests but some looks more like a spill of spray/nutes or physical damage. What is the ppm at the moment mate . 1st thought was burn ??

It is time to flip those girlies mate. good job on the defol , now you will be busy keeping the growing tips tucking with the " Stretch". Do this until the first signs of flower , then you can sit back and watch those buds grow through the net like frosted trees

How is growing on coco compared to soil growing?
Coco is great to use. growth rates are better than soil and impossible to overwater. Overfeeding is quickly fixed to. You do use more nutes on the drain to waste system but not a major issue over a wholecrop. Have considered a combo of coco/rdwc seen used on a few forum grows.
Super soil interests me too with No-till recipe from Emmys on here.

Coco is great to use. growth rates are better than soil and impossible to overwater. Overfeeding is quickly fixed to. You do use more nutes on the drain to waste system but not a major issue over a wholecrop. Have considered a combo of coco/rdwc seen used on a few forum grows.
Super soil interests me too with No-till recipe from Emmys on here.
It is because it has an high rate of airration in it compared to soil I guess. If I had the space I would love to try it out, maybe just try 2 in the middle the next grow :D
Just for fun! Going to check it out man.

Leaves look like could be from damage of bending or moving with the net etc... Def look about for any possible pests but some looks more like a spill of spray/nutes or physical damage. What is the ppm at the moment mate . 1st thought was burn ??

It is time to flip those girlies mate. good job on the defol , now you will be busy keeping the growing tips tucking with the " Stretch". Do this until the first signs of flower , then you can sit back and watch those buds grow through the net like frosted trees
Yes could be from damage indeed as they were so bushy and sat really tight under the net. 920ppm and pH 5.8 and it stays fairly the same with no huge drops like before and they take the watermix in well.
So now a few days ago from the defol and gonna prepare a batch today to switch the nutemix :D

For me that ppm still feels very high. I know some can take it but in reality not all can. Hope lewy can help here as I didnt get above 800 my whole grow and still got a decent yield. any higher and my tips burnt. Golden tree gets added too which is so concentrated. Rdwc is still a learning curve for me but listening g to my own plants is easier.

By the looks of the slight tip burn I’d bring the nutes back slightly. A picture of the whole plant would help as I can’t tell if the light leaf colour is because it’s new growth or could do with some calmag.

For me that ppm still feels very high. I know some can take it but in reality not all can. Hope lewy can help here as I didnt get above 800 my whole grow and still got a decent yield. any higher and my tips burnt. Golden tree gets added too which is so concentrated. Rdwc is still a learning curve for me but listening g to my own plants is easier.
I think I’lljust add only the GH trio with hydroguard according to the schedule and nothing more.. and see where it brings me and hoe they get along.. if needed I’ll add more.

By the looks of the slight tip burn I’d bring the nutes back slightly. A picture of the whole plant would help as I can’t tell if the light leaf colour is because it’s new growth or could do with some calmag.
Yes I’m adding 2,5ml/gallon (my tapwater:270ppm) should I bump it up a little?
I’ll bring it back a little bit according to the GH schedule I got.
AC5FF130-DE3A-4C4D-B149-905A0C8DD1CB.jpeg
99DB5DC7-AECB-4470-994F-21051F88C1B4.jpeg
4117F0C5-8B57-4201-8124-B6BB2F4E4862.jpeg
B5E0B49E-39A3-4B2D-8EA4-92B67D259DA0.jpeg

Yes I think they need some more. I use lots of calmag with led lights. I don’t think they are nute burnt as there is no clawing and a light colour. Ph to 5.7/5.8

Back
Top Bottom