LKABudMan's Orange Grove - 4 Mimosa x Orange Punch In RDWC - Sponsored By VIVOSUN

*** Harvest Day ***
Date: 10/14 & 10/15 - Day# 62 of Flower (W8D6)
Strain - Barney's Farm Mimosa x Orange Punch photo clones x 4
Grow space - VIVOSUN 48x48x80 tent in basement
Light height and reading - VIVOSUN VSF6450 645w LED - Off since Wednesday
Extraction - 6" extraction fan
3x 6" oscillating fans + Tower oscillating fan + 12" floor fan
Nutrients - Advanced Nutrients Flawless Finish, Hydroguard, z7, Epsom
Medium - 8" Netpots with clay balls in RDWC system (5x13g buckets)
Water - Carbon-filtered well water (100ppm/8.0pH)
Final Week Temperatures

We had a few mornings/evenings of cool temperatures and I took advantage of it the last week. I was able to get them down to 68f. Then lights-out Wednesday night. You can see by the humidity that they still wanted the lights Thursday and Friday. The exhaust fan was working hard those 'days' trying to keep the humidity under 50%. The basement was under 40%RH, though, so in the end it was not a problem.

These ladies were still drinking right through the end. The last week was just water, though. I didn't add anything after the final flush, and they were down a little over 10 gallons by harvest. Here's the tracker for the whole grow, from the time the clones were put into the RDWC until harvest.

This was our easiest harvest yet, for several reasons. We skipped the wash this time. That allowed us to move the harvest from the basement to the kitchen table without dripping everywhere. It also allowed us to easily spread the harvest over two days, which we did. Finally, with very little larf there was a lot less to trim.

We processed the front two plants on Friday night and then finished on Saturday. Most of my pictures are from harvesting the first plant, Rudy (front-right in the tent). Here she is laid out on the kitchen table ready to be harvested.

Here are a few tric shots taken on multiple buds.

Here's the aftermath. There's a couple of little buds there were accidentally chopped/pulled off, along with a big bag of trim.

And here's one of me with both hands full of buds.

These were by far the smallest buds I've harvested. My best guess is that is had to do with switching the light during flower. These were also the stickiest, most tric-covered plants I've seen. The fan leaves looked furry, like lambs ear petals. Our fingers/gloves were covered and needed changing frequently. We removed all of the large fans and most of the smaller ones as well. There are a few leaves left on the branches, but they look like they'll smoke fantastic ;) And we are all loving the finger hash so far!

All of the trim is in the freezer. I'll be making some dry ice hash in the next week or two. All of the bud was hung on hangers with binder clips and put in the drying closet. We were done harvesting by 1pm Saturday.

After a fantastic sushi lunch the cleanup began. Here's the tent after harvest.

First I drained the RDWC and removed the plants from the buckets. The front two plants had very clean roots that nearly filled the buckets. The back two plants had smaller roots, and they were quite a bit dirtier as well. I don't think there's any root rot, as nothing smelled or is slimy. They're just dirty, and the buckets were dirtier as well with quite a bit of sediment. The back are harder to clean, and the hose doesn't reach back there as well either. I'll take note, though, that I need to do a better job of cleaning the back buckets.

I bought one new tool that really helped this time; a new toilet brush. It worked perfect for cleaning inside the 4" tubing.

Finally, I finished draining the buckets and cleaned them out. I took all of the lids, netpots, and airstones upstairs and cleaned them really well. I took all of the fans out of the tent for cleaning. I cleaned and vacuumed the tent and all of the intake filters.

I have it sitting closed up right now with the exhaust on low and everything else off/removed. There's some changes I need to make to the wiring and fans. I'll also need to put the light on some ropes. I'll get everything set up this week because this tent will have new occupants soon ;)

@VIVOSUN #VIVOSUN #LoveWhatYouGrow

Date: 10/17/22 - Day# 2 of Drying
Drying Space - 28SqFT closet with central A/C
Other Equipment: Air purifier circulating air, humidifier with distilled water (not needed yet)
Closet Temperatures

When I put the first batch in the closet Friday night the temperatures outside were nice and it was naturally 60f in the closet. Over the weekend the temperatures got a bit warmer, but the A/C has been doing a great job keeping the temperatures in the 60s. Tonight, temperatures outside drop so I can turn off the A/C for the remainder of the dry :)

I turned the humidifier to 60% on Friday night to get the closet humidity up to 60%, but I was able to turn that off on Saturday. Right now the door to the closet is cracked, letting out enough humidity to keep it under 65%.

My goal is to keep humidity in the 60-65% range, with temperatures around 60f. Right now I'm cracking the closet door to let humidity out. Once humidity in the closet starts going below 60%, I'll close the closet door and set the humidifier to 60%. As long as the closet stays at 60% the buds can't get any lower and can't over-dry.

My last grow dried for 12 days and went straight into the Grove bags right at 60%RH. Of course those buds were a lot bigger, and also washed first. I'm not sure what to expect from these buds but I have a few days until I'll need the wood moisture meter.

Congrats on the harvest Team Budman!:cheer:

Great summary. You wasted no time getting things ready for the next tenants!

Congrats on the harvest Team Budman!:cheer:

Great summary. You wasted no time getting things ready for the next tenants!
Thanks GDB. Can't keep the Bud Factory empty for long :)
Oh congratulations 🎉

They grow up only to get their throats cut so quickly.

Great show Budman!
Thanks Trala. Sometimes, the best thing a plant can do for you is die ;)
Looks excellent my man! Gonna need to get that nice and dryed out, or you'll ruin your grinder with those sticky trichs.
Thanks RR. After my last harvest, I've started using scissors to pre-chop before grinding. And it's still a mess.

Date: 10/21/22 - Day# 6 of Drying
Other Equipment: Air purifier circulating air, humidifier with distilled water (not needed yet)
Closet Temperatures

I'm really happy with the way this dry is going right now. The A/C was turned off Monday night and the closet has been staying right near 60/60 since. I haven't even had to close the closet door all the way and still haven't needed the humidifier. If I can keep this up for another week I think they'll be near perfect. It should be impossible to over-dry with these conditions.

I went in and checked on them today. They may not be the biggest buds, but I love their sparkle! They sure are coated in trics :yummy:

Date: 10/21/22 - Day# 6 of Drying
Closet Temperatures

I'm really happy with the way this dry is going right now. The A/C was turned off Monday night and the closet has been staying right near 60/60 since. I haven't even had to close the closet door all the way and still haven't needed the humidifier. If I can keep this up for another week I think they'll be near perfect. It should be impossible to over-dry with these conditions.

I went in and checked on them today. They may not be the biggest buds, but I love their sparkle! They sure are coated in trics :yummy:

Now thats some wonderful frost great job man

Date: 10/26/22 - Day# 12 of Drying
Closet Temperatures

It hasn't been perfect, but the closet has stayed right near 60/60 the whole time. Temps got a little high at times (not over 70f). I've had to use the house A/C a couple of times. Now the humidifier is working overtime to keep it at 60% RH.

It's hard to use the Wood Moisture Meter (WMM) because these buds are so small and sticky. I checked a couple and read anywhere from 10.5% to 12%. So I took down 3 hangers this morning and bucked them into a 1LB Grove bag with a hygrometer. Right now they're showing 62.9% on the Govee. I'll watch them over the next day to make sure they're stable. I'm not worried about leaving more in the closet. As long as the humidity in the closet stays 60% they shouldn't get too dry. Sorry for the terrible lighting in my office.

They're super sticky and smell fantastic. This is the first time I'll be keeping the stems for hash too :thedoubletake:

The best news is there's still 9 more hangers to go :)

I can't wait to introduce them to my new best friends ;)

Date: 10/17/22 - Day# 2 of Drying
Closet Temperatures

When I put the first batch in the closet Friday night the temperatures outside were nice and it was naturally 60f in the closet. Over the weekend the temperatures got a bit warmer, but the A/C has been doing a great job keeping the temperatures in the 60s. Tonight, temperatures outside drop so I can turn off the A/C for the remainder of the dry :)

I turned the humidifier to 60% on Friday night to get the closet humidity up to 60%, but I was able to turn that off on Saturday. Right now the door to the closet is cracked, letting out enough humidity to keep it under 65%.

My goal is to keep humidity in the 60-65% range, with temperatures around 60f. Right now I'm cracking the closet door to let humidity out. Once humidity in the closet starts going below 60%, I'll close the closet door and set the humidifier to 60%. As long as the closet stays at 60% the buds can't get any lower and can't over-dry.

My last grow dried for 12 days and went straight into the Grove bags right at 60%RH. Of course those buds were a lot bigger, and also washed first. I'm not sure what to expect from these buds but I have a few days until I'll need the wood moisture meter.

Nice Harvest 👍 CL🍀

Your journals are never dull mate.

Good luck to you replacing the pinion gear in your diff.
Thanks man. And here I didn't even know my pinion gear needed replacing:laugh:

I can smell that over here!! sweet and sticky!!
awesome man, congrats! i bet you all are glad haha :) alot of work!
Thanks Daniel. I was kind of sad the first time I went down to the basement after I harvested, I really missed the smell. Now the whole house smells like orange candy again, as least for a couple of days ;)

Back
Top Bottom