Date: 2/14/22 Day# 63 of Flower
Strain: Skunk Special fem photo seeds x 4
Grow Space: The Bud Factory - Sponsored by VIVOSUN
- Vivosun 48x48x80 tent
- Vivosun VSF6450 Foldable LED Grow Light @ 60% 18" (30-40k lux)
- Vivosun 6" AeroZesh exhaust fan
- Vivosun GrowHub - Controls the light and exhaust & syncs with Vivosun App
- Vivosun AeroWave A6 Clip-on oscillating 6" fan
- 4" booster fan for air intake (Filtered)
- 12" floor fan + Oscillating tower fan
- 4 Site 13g RDWC system + 13g reservoir
- Vivosun 332 GPH Air Pump (14W 21L/min)
- Vivosun 2x4 Air Stones (x4)
Nutrients - Well Water & Bennies (Hydroguard, z7)
Medium - 8" Netpots with clay balls in RDWC system (5x13g buckets)
Water - Carbon-filtered well water (100ppm/8.0pH)

Sandy and Speck were harvested this weekend. It was just my wife and I harvesting this time, so we took out time and spread it over a couple of days. We harvested them one hanger at a time. Our process:

- Clip a hanger full of buds from the tent. I'd clip the branches just above the first scrog net, then gently lower them down through the upper support net.
- Once the hanger was full, I'd take it upstairs to the kitchen table and lay all the buds out on the table on paper
- One at a time, we cleaned up the branches. We removed all of the larger fans, and most of the smaller fans. Any larf went in a box for the shelves. I prefer to dry with the sugar leaves attached and trim dry.
- Once the branch has been cleaned, we hang it back up on the hanger.
- Once the hanger is full we take it upstairs to the drying closet, and any larf to the drying shelves.
- Go back to step# 1.

We spent a couple of hours harvesting Sandy on Saturday and then finished her on Sunday. She was a big girl, taking up most of the back of the tent. Now she's taking up 5 hangers in the drying closet, along with a couple of shelves of larf ;)

Before I started harvesting Sandy, I took four cuttings. They were all small branches from the lower part of the plant. She's such a beautiful plant, I'm hoping I can get at least one to root and re-veg. All cuttings were dipped in clonex then put into a moistened EZ-Gro plug. I'll keep them in the plug until they root, then go to soil.

We harvested Speck on Sunday. She was only one hanger and a lot of larf. Her main was nice and thick, though. She had a bit of purple on her too. Not sure if it was a pheno trait or less light.

Suzy still remains in the tent with the @VIVOSUN VSF6450 @ 60%. At this point, my drying closet is pretty full. Cindy has been in drying for 10 days, so she should be finishing up soon. I'd like to take Cindy's four hangers out of the closet before adding Suzy.

I know it looks like there's more room in there, but I don't think it's enough for Suzy. My son was over last night and the three of us spent about 30 minutes giving her a pre-trim. We took off most of the big fans. You can really see her buds now! Just a couple more days and she'll be in the drying closet:yummy:

@VIVOSUN #VIVOSUN #LoveWhatYouGrow

Big harvest! Does is smell like skunk spray? :cheesygrinsmiley:
There is some skunk in there. There is also a lot of fruit. And possibly a burning tire somewhereo_O They smell fantastic, though.

Awesome grow my friend,,,been great following an picking your brains,,,but got abit to go till I can hit these heights but yeah Im already looking forward to the next 1 and improving as I grow,,,,but I think I might of figured out why my Alien Gorilla was so short with no stretch,,,,yeah I think it was down to to much light intensity,,,,as didnt have a par meter,,,but the Mrs just got a new phone an down loaded a ppfd app,,,an on that was at 1300 so adjusted light intensity an hanging height and now at 900-850 so will just see how she goes with changes,,,,but will have to try 1 of her clones now with less intensity an see how that 1 goes and might just get a stretch an be a really good plant then may be,,,,but we will see but it does explain why it was my be so squat,,,,,
So yeah hope alls well your side my friend and you got some trimming to do lol get your lad in an his mates pmsl all the best an happy growing dude

Nice takedown neighbor!

Would you happen to have a coat-hanger I could borrow? :)

Awesome grow my friend,,,been great following an picking your brains
Thanks Spab
,,,but got abit to go till I can hit these heights but yeah Im already looking forward to the next 1 and improving as I grow,,,,but I think I might of figured out why my Alien Gorilla was so short with no stretch,,,,yeah I think it was down to to much light intensity,,,,as didnt have a par meter,,,but the Mrs just got a new phone an down loaded a ppfd app,,,an on that was at 1300 so adjusted light intensity an hanging height and now at 900-850 so will just see how she goes with changes
On my first couple of grows I increased the light intensity too quickly in flower and stunted the stretch a bit. I've learned to start lower and increase the intensity over the first 3-4 weeks of flower, ending up at around 1000PPFD/45-50DLI for the peak of flower.
,,,,but will have to try 1 of her clones now with less intensity an see how that 1 goes and might just get a stretch an be a really good plant then may be,,,,but we will see but it does explain why it was my be so squat,,,,,
Squat is not a bad thing, it may not look as impressive but you can still take away a lot of bud. As long as she is healthy throughout the grow you'll be happy.
So yeah hope alls well your side my friend and you got some trimming to do lol get your lad in an his mates pmsl all the best an happy growing dude
Life ebbs and flows, I'm just trying to ride the waves ;) Happy Growing to you as well.

Shooooo-weeeee that's alot of pot.
As HashGirl said earlier, I just hope I like it! I'll know in a couple of days, as Cindy is just about dried and ready for a little squishing ;)

Have you monstercropped before?
On my first grow, I took a clone late in flower and rooted it. I got her back into veg, then left her in the wrong tent and she went back into flower. My wife took her upstairs to go with her other plants on 18hrs light, she got mites, then went in the trash :( So technically this is my second.
I literally just took one today to try and strike myself.

We can have a little monster party if the do strike!

👹 👿👹👿👹👿
My plan is to re-veg as a mother, for clones. Then again, a monster party does sound fun!

On my first grow, I took a clone late in flower and rooted it. I got her back into veg, then left her in the wrong tent and she went back into flower. My wife took her upstairs to go with her other plants on 18hrs light, she got mites, then went in the trash :( So technically this is my second.
They are a long game, not a short one. Well mine always are. But once they root, they are all about the monster. My Zkittkes Pee is a monstercropped clone.
My plan is to re-veg as a mother, for clones. Then again, a monster party does sound fun!
I’d personally take a regular clone off her once she revegs and have that as the mother. If you’re gonna put all that work in revegging, you want to see the end game. Well I do lol.

Congratulations on a great looking harvest, guess I dropped by @ the rite time. CL🍀 :woohoo: :adore::popcorn::Namaste:
Thanks CL, I still have one more to go but I'm hoping to finish up before this weekend :)

They are a long game, not a short one. Well mine always are. But once they root, they are all about the monster. My Zkittkes Pee is a monstercropped clone.

I’d personally take a regular clone off her once she revegs and have that as the mother. If you’re gonna put all that work in revegging, you want to see the end game. Well I do lol.
Thanks makes sense. We may just be having a monster party after all!

Thanks Spab

On my first couple of grows I increased the light intensity too quickly in flower and stunted the stretch a bit. I've learned to start lower and increase the intensity over the first 3-4 weeks of flower, ending up at around 1000PPFD/45-50DLI for the peak of flower.

Squat is not a bad thing, it may not look as impressive but you can still take away a lot of bud. As long as she is healthy throughout the grow you'll be happy.

Life ebbs and flows, I'm just trying to ride the waves ;) Happy Growing to you as well.
awesome dude its all about trial an error an finding what works best for you,,,but yeah its all coming together now an looks like i might just have all the bases covered now pmsl but always learning something,,,,but yeah at least now i can dial the light intensity in,,,as my old phone i couldnt,,,,as I know my led the BP4000 was abit to big for 1 plant as at the end 2x2,,,,so yeah had it further away an turned down but yeah we will see how things go now ive lowered intensity,,,an track how it goes with this app a new toy to play with lol

Date: 2/14/22 Day# 63 of Flower
Strain: Skunk Special fem photo seeds x 4
Grow Space: The Bud Factory - Sponsored by VIVOSUN
- Vivosun 48x48x80 tent
- Vivosun VSF6450 Foldable LED Grow Light @ 60% 18" (30-40k lux)
- Vivosun 6" AeroZesh exhaust fan
- Vivosun GrowHub - Controls the light and exhaust & syncs with Vivosun App
- Vivosun AeroWave A6 Clip-on oscillating 6" fan
- 4" booster fan for air intake (Filtered)
- 12" floor fan + Oscillating tower fan
- 4 Site 13g RDWC system + 13g reservoir
- Vivosun 332 GPH Air Pump (14W 21L/min)
- Vivosun 2x4 Air Stones (x4)
Nutrients - Well Water & Bennies (Hydroguard, z7)
Medium - 8" Netpots with clay balls in RDWC system (5x13g buckets)
Water - Carbon-filtered well water (100ppm/8.0pH)

Sandy and Speck were harvested this weekend. It was just my wife and I harvesting this time, so we took out time and spread it over a couple of days. We harvested them one hanger at a time. Our process:

- Clip a hanger full of buds from the tent. I'd clip the branches just above the first scrog net, then gently lower them down through the upper support net.
- Once the hanger was full, I'd take it upstairs to the kitchen table and lay all the buds out on the table on paper
- One at a time, we cleaned up the branches. We removed all of the larger fans, and most of the smaller fans. Any larf went in a box for the shelves. I prefer to dry with the sugar leaves attached and trim dry.
- Once the branch has been cleaned, we hang it back up on the hanger.
- Once the hanger is full we take it upstairs to the drying closet, and any larf to the drying shelves.
- Go back to step# 1.

We spent a couple of hours harvesting Sandy on Saturday and then finished her on Sunday. She was a big girl, taking up most of the back of the tent. Now she's taking up 5 hangers in the drying closet, along with a couple of shelves of larf ;)

Before I started harvesting Sandy, I took four cuttings. They were all small branches from the lower part of the plant. She's such a beautiful plant, I'm hoping I can get at least one to root and re-veg. All cuttings were dipped in clonex then put into a moistened EZ-Gro plug. I'll keep them in the plug until they root, then go to soil.

We harvested Speck on Sunday. She was only one hanger and a lot of larf. Her main was nice and thick, though. She had a bit of purple on her too. Not sure if it was a pheno trait or less light.

Suzy still remains in the tent with the @VIVOSUN VSF6450 @ 60%. At this point, my drying closet is pretty full. Cindy has been in drying for 10 days, so she should be finishing up soon. I'd like to take Cindy's four hangers out of the closet before adding Suzy.

I know it looks like there's more room in there, but I don't think it's enough for Suzy. My son was over last night and the three of us spent about 30 minutes giving her a pre-trim. We took off most of the big fans. You can really see her buds now! Just a couple more days and she'll be in the drying closet:yummy:

@VIVOSUN #VIVOSUN #LoveWhatYouGrow
wow what a grow! my own clothes aren't hung so well. something to aspire too

My good friends at @VIVOSUN sent me a Vivosun Trimming Tray to try out. If you've never used a trim tray/bin, the idea is to capture all of the trichomes that fall off while you buck or trim your buds, especially after dried. They tray is two parts: the top try, which has a 150 micron stainless steel fine mesh screen on top to filter the trics, and the bottom bin which captures the trics. There are no rivets/screws in the tray, as you don't want anywhere that catches trics.

The Vivosun Trim Tray kit comes in a slim box. The trim tray comes in a plastic sleeve, which I'll will keep to store the tray. When you take off the top tray, the trimming accessories are inside and include:
- Vivosun straight-blade pruners
- Vivosun curved-blade pruners
- Credit card magnifier/scraper
- Brush
- Instructions

The bottom part of the tray also comes with static-cling plastic on it. I was easily able to peel it off in one piece, leaving a perfectly clean tray. From this point forward, I'll store the tray in the plastic sleeve and box it came in. It will only come out when being used. Otherwise, I'll end up with dust and dog hair all over the tray.

My wife grew a clone of the Mimosa x Orange Punch in her office under a 100w bulb (J.J.). It stayed in the pot WAY too long. It way very pretty and purple by the time it was harvested. Then it was forgotten in the drying closet ;( Well, she looked like a good test subject so I decided to buck and trim the buds. When I was done, I rough-ground the trim and sifted it over the trim tray a few times. I ended up with a nice pile of purple kief. One word of warning: stay away from the included brush. It lost little hairs all over the place, and I ended up picking them out of the kief.

Overall, I am very happy with the trim tray. The two pieces fit together well, almost locking in place as one piece. It has shorter sides than my old trim bin, which I like. I usually trim at my desk and the tall sides makes it hard on the forearms. I appreciate the non-slip foam on the bottom to keep it from moving on the desktop.
I had never used curved-tip pruning scissors before and I really liked them. The slight curve on the top really helped when bucking the buds. I was able to easily get the scissors parallel to the main stem, making it much easier to remove the buds. They are also really nice when removing leaves coming out of the bud.

When I was done everything cleaned up easily and went back in the bag+box for the next time. It seems very sturdy, but I'll be using it a lot more in the next few weeks. I'm looking forward to lots of kief ;)

#VIVOSUN #LoveWhatYouGrow

Back
Top Bottom