Date: 2/1/22 Day# 54 of Flower
Strain: Skunk Special fem photo seeds x 4
Grow Space: The Bud Factory - Sponsored by VIVOSUN
- Vivosun 48x48x80 tent
- Vivosun VSF6450 Foldable LED Grow Light @ 85% 18-24" (35-45k lux)
- Vivosun 6" AeroZesh exhaust fan
- Vivosun GrowHub - Controls the light and exhaust & syncs with Vivosun App
- Vivosun AeroWave A6 Clip-on oscillating 6" fan
- 4" booster fan for air intake (Filtered)
- 12" floor fan + Oscillating tower fan
- 4 Site 13g RDWC system + 13g reservoir
- Vivosun 332 GPH Air Pump (14W 21L/min)
- Vivosun 2x4 Air Stones (x4)
Nutrients - Prescription Blend Week# 6 Flower & Bennies (Hydroguard, z7)
Medium - 8" Netpots with clay balls in RDWC system (5x13g buckets)
Water - Carbon-filtered well water (100ppm/8.0pH)

I noticed something yesterday when I was going over all the plants. Today I confirmed it. Cindy, in the front-right, is doing everything she can to survive.

It's like a sick game of 'Where's Waldo'. Do you see it, on the lower part of the bud? Once I started seeing them I couldn't stop.

Yep, Cindy's growing dicks. Nanners. Pollen sacks, right out of the calyx. We picked off about a dozen from several different buds, which means there are probably 2-3 times that many. Here are a few under the microscope.

At first I thought this was something new. Unfortunately not, because then we found these.

Yep, those are fully mature seeds. Cindy has plenty of them, especially on her lowers. Once you know what to look for they're easy to spot. Just look for the larf that looks like it was sprinkled with pepper.

So she must have thrown some pollen earlier and I never saw it. We ended up cleaning her up really well, removing a lot of her lower leaves.

There is some good news, though:

- I only found nanners on Cindy.
- We've only found seeds on Cindy.
- All the seeds have been found in the lower larf. The upper buds all appear unseeded.
- The trichomes I looked at show all of the plants coming close to harvest. Still some clear, but plenty of cloudy and a few ambers.

So, it looks like I have a choice:
- Leave them all another week or two to finish up. Pick off any nanner I see.
- Harvest Cindy now, and leave the rest to finish up.
- Harvest them all now.

I'm leaning toward leaving them alone. I already have seeds, and I don't think that any pollen released now will change anything. I'd love to hear other opinions, though. What would you do?

@VIVOSUN #VIVOSUN #LoveWhatYouGrow

This. If you're going to have some seeds (ripe or unripe) in your flowers you might as well harvest them when you want them.

You can even skip the nanner hunt at this point and spend more time just enjoying the view!
Thanks Shed, that's kind of what I figured. They don't look like they have that much longer anyways. I'll be surprised if they go past next weekend.

Date: 2/1/22 Day# 54 of Flower
- Vivosun 48x48x80 tent

I noticed something yesterday when I was going over all the plants. Today I confirmed it. Cindy, in the front-right, is doing everything she can to survive.

It's like a sick game of 'Where's Waldo'. Do you see it, on the lower part of the bud? Once I started seeing them I couldn't stop.

Yep, Cindy's growing dicks. Nanners. Pollen sacks, right out of the calyx. We picked off about a dozen from several different buds, which means there are probably 2-3 times that many. Here are a few under the microscope.

At first I thought this was something new. Unfortunately not, because then we found these.

Yep, those are fully mature seeds. Cindy has plenty of them, especially on her lowers. Once you know what to look for they're easy to spot. Just look for the larf that looks like it was sprinkled with pepper.

So she must have thrown some pollen earlier and I never saw it. We ended up cleaning her up really well, removing a lot of her lower leaves.

There is some good news, though:

- I only found nanners on Cindy.
- We've only found seeds on Cindy.
- All the seeds have been found in the lower larf. The upper buds all appear unseeded.
- The trichomes I looked at show all of the plants coming close to harvest. Still some clear, but plenty of cloudy and a few ambers.

So, it looks like I have a choice:
- Leave them all another week or two to finish up. Pick off any nanner I see.
- Harvest Cindy now, and leave the rest to finish up.
- Harvest them all now.

I'm leaning toward leaving them alone. I already have seeds, and I don't think that any pollen released now will change anything. I'd love to hear other opinions, though. What would you do?

some good info an great pics for me to use for future ref,,,,,i knw abit more about what im looking for now,,,thanks dude buts she still an awesome plant,,,,,all the best an its been blast following along an picking up so much good stuff,,,,happy growing

Bit of a blow in an otherwise beautiful grow mate, but I agree, at +50 days since pistils you might as well let them run to finish of your choice of day when they are ready.

Just adds weight to the theory that certain plants carry a bit of genetic wonkiness that others from the same lineage wont express.

After all you have environment pretty much nailed, she just decided it was her time to try.

Those mains look bulky and tight though mate, a real nice harvest coming your way. Be interested in your cured yeild numbers.

some good info an great pics for me to use for future ref,,,,,i knw abit more about what im looking for now
The pollen sacs are really small and hard to spot. I'm sure there are plenty more in there...
,,,thanks dude buts she still an awesome plant,,,,,all the best an its been blast following along an picking up so much good stuff,,,,happy growing
Thanks, and they are awesome plants. I'm still hoping most of the seeds are on Cindy. Either way, there is a LOT of bud in there ;)

Bit of a blow in an otherwise beautiful grow mate, but I agree, at +50 days since pistils you might as well let them run to finish of your choice of day when they are ready.

Just adds weight to the theory that certain plants carry a bit of genetic wonkiness that others from the same lineage wont express.

After all you have environment pretty much nailed, she just decided it was her time to try.
Agreed. While I did run them hard, the fact that only one out of the four hermed tells me it's probably genetic.
Those mains look bulky and tight though mate, a real nice harvest coming your way.
They are huge and tight and starting to lean. The larf is starting to sag at the bottom. Definitely putting on weight.
Be interested in your cured yeild numbers.
You and me both ;)

It’s all fun and games till the uninvited peen 🍆 turns up.

Thankfully your girls look like they’re menopausal so I doubt any real damage will be done this late in the game.

They look great.
I have had females self pollinate twice. Both looked great. I didn't catch it either time until harvest.

Both times they all had seeds. More in the larf than the colas.

Both times I can point to a stressful event early in the grow. (different than yours)

Both times I found the potency of the weed to be a disappointment.

I have grown a plant from one of the seeds and found the result to be normal female plant. It didn't self pollinate

They look great.
I have had females self pollinate twice. Both looked great. I didn't catch it either time until harvest.

Both times they all had seeds. More in the larf than the colas.
Thanks man. That makes sense, my second grow seeded, mostly in the larf.
Both times I can point to a stressful event early in the grow. (different than yours)
Yea, I'm not sure this is due to stress. She is the only plant that has nanners in the tent.
Both times I found the potency of the weed to be a disappointment.
My previous seeded plant, Abby, was also droughted. She still kicks our butts. I'm still hoping that Cindy is the only one seeded, but we'll see.
I have grown a plant from one of the seeds and found the result to be normal female plant. It didn't self pollinate
I can see that if they self-polinated from stress. If it is genetic, though, I'm not sure I'd take these seeds into flower.

It’s all fun and games till the uninvited peen 🍆 turns up.
One uninvited peen is bad enough. I have a dang sausage party up in here!
Thankfully your girls look like they’re menopausal so I doubt any real damage will be done this late in the game.
My wife got a good LOL out of menopausal... that's a great way to put it.

Thanks man. That makes sense, my second grow seeded, mostly in the larf.

Yea, I'm not sure this is due to stress. She is the only plant that has nanners in the tent.

My previous seeded plant, Abby, was also droughted. She still kicks our butts. I'm still hoping that Cindy is the only one seeded, but we'll see.

I can see that if they self-polinated from stress. If it is genetic, though, I'm not sure I'd take these seeds into flower.
Good luck budman never good to see

Date: 2/3/22 Day# x of Flower
- Vivosun 48x48x80 tent
Weekly Temperatures
Screenshot_20230203_112711_Govee Home.jpg

I turned the @VIVOSUN VSF6450 down to 80% today. These ladies are just about finished up, so they don't need the additional light. It will also help keep the temperatures lower in the last week or so.

I finally put the filter on the tent today. The smell was getting insane, and we have family coming over tonight. I mean, they know I grow, but do they really want to sit around smelling like skunk? The @VIVOSUN carbon filter makes a huge difference. I can barely smell them when I open the basement door now, where yesterday it was like sticking my head in a bag of weed.

These ladies are just about finished. Cindy is the only one with a lot of white pistils, and I think she's just trying to catch her own pollen. I picked a nanner off her bud I'm tracking a couple of days ago, and now she has two:rolleyes:

Other than Cindy, there are not many white pistils left in the tent. They have all turned and crinkled. The calyx are swollen and the smell has increased and changed (more garlicy), both signs I look for for harvest.

Oh, and the buds are starting to lean, especially the larf.

Looking over the trichomes, there are still some that are clear. Plenty have turned milky, though, with some ambers.

So it looks like they are in the window whenever I'm ready for them. I need to check with my trim crew and see when we can get these ladies down. There is a lot of flower in there, so we may spread it out over a few days to a week. Have a great weekend everyone and I'll be back with harvest pictures soon!

Date: 2/3/22 Day# x of Flower
- Vivosun 48x48x80 tent
Weekly Temperatures
Screenshot_20230203_112711_Govee Home.jpg

I turned the @VIVOSUN VSF6450 down to 80% today. These ladies are just about finished up, so they don't need the additional light. It will also help keep the temperatures lower in the last week or so.

I finally put the filter on the tent today. The smell was getting insane, and we have family coming over tonight. I mean, they know I grow, but do they really want to sit around smelling like skunk? The @VIVOSUN carbon filter makes a huge difference. I can barely smell them when I open the basement door now, where yesterday it was like sticking my head in a bag of weed.

These ladies are just about finished. Cindy is the only one with a lot of white pistils, and I think she's just trying to catch her own pollen. I picked a nanner off her bud I'm tracking a couple of days ago, and now she has two:rolleyes:

Other than Cindy, there are not many white pistils left in the tent. They have all turned and crinkled. The calyx are swollen and the smell has increased and changed (more garlicy), both signs I look for for harvest.

Oh, and the buds are starting to lean, especially the larf.

Looking over the trichomes, there are still some that are clear. Plenty have turned milky, though, with some ambers.

So it looks like they are in the window whenever I'm ready for them. I need to check with my trim crew and see when we can get these ladies down. There is a lot of flower in there, so we may spread it out over a few days to a week. Have a great weekend everyone and I'll be back with harvest pictures soon!

Bravo budman bravo apart from cindy that is some field of green you have there. Congrats brother 🙌

This has been an amazing grow, with what looks to be an epic harvest. You got that green thumb big dog, emerald green baby!
I'd chop that tranny down though, before she lays out a web for your future girls. Them Chiquita bannas are plump, If they detonate you could have that baby dust from your front porch to your lawnmower shed. The other girls are probably cool, but one bad apple can spoil the bunch.
Love those giant colas, a sight to behold. Got me wanting to get out in the forest. Hahaha

Looks delicious LKA! I'd give it a week to cloud up the glass but you gotta go when the trim crew is ready.
Thanks Shed.
This has been an amazing grow, with what looks to be an epic harvest. You got that green thumb big dog, emerald green baby!
I'd chop that tranny down though, before she lays out a web for your future girls. Them Chiquita bannas are plump, If they detonate you could have that baby dust from your front porch to your lawnmower shed. The other girls are probably cool, but one bad apple can spoil the bunch.
Love those giant colas, a sight to behold. Got me wanting to get out in the forest. Hahaha
Thanks RSR.

I took both of your advice ;)

Back
Top Bottom