RQS Critical 6-Pot RDWC 1st Grow

and also are you using great white mychorrizae in dwc? I say this because the roots look like they are gunking up, what is your water temps? . great white is for soil/coco. you needto be using bacillius either z7 flying skull or hydroguard for dwc if you dont use a chiller

and also are you using great white mychorrizae in dwc? I say this because the roots look like they are gunking up, what is your water temps? . great white is for soil/coco. you needto be using bacillius either z7 flying skull or hydroguard for dwc if you dont use a chiller
As advised on here I’m using hydroguard at full strength and great white. I think the roots got the comour from the dark humboldt golden tree. Roots are not slimey at all.

Yeah mate! Hopefully:D
How long did yours flower?
at 7 weeks they could have come out with less of a kick to the stone but i left them the full 8 weeks. I coukdnt use the trichs to guide me as i had issues getting into the space enoughbto check but it could possibly have been even better at 9. You could try All three weeks to see which is the best for the strain but main harvest on trichrome colour. Would be smokable at 7 weeks actual flowering ( not flip weeks but 1st onset of flowers). Would give you a good indicator of what to expect from the main crop once finished too. also saves waiting too long to sample your own work more importantly lol .

Is z7 exact same as hydroguard? Or is it better? I read it helps buffer and stabilize pH
seen it mentioned as an addition to res but never looked into it myself as felt it was for sterile res only.

at 7 weeks they could have come out with less of a kick to the stone but i left them the full 8 weeks. I coukdnt use the trichs to guide me as i had issues getting into the space enoughbto check but it could possibly have been even better at 9. You could try All three weeks to see which is the best for the strain but main harvest on trichrome colour. Would be smokable at 7 weeks actual flowering ( not flip weeks but 1st onset of flowers). Would give you a good indicator of what to expect from the main crop once finished too. also saves waiting too long to sample your own work more importantly lol .
Allright! So when do I start counting weeks? Day of flip or day that the hairs come?

I have found that from the hairs gives the best "on time" result to be honest. Brings the harvests to the right place with trichs ect.... . The actual stone is down to the amount of colour you allow the trichs to go.
All clear=crap .
Some clear some cloudy=Mildly " uppy" buzz .
All cloudy=similar to last one but longer buzz.
Mostly cloudy and some Amber visibly appearing ( about 20-30% and show like a shading ,shadow until close up direct on an amber trich=sweet spot for harvest.
Mostly Amber= Too ripe and will create a more sedative , less enjoyable, stone
Hope that makes sense mate.

z7 is enzymes. help keep the bad shit out, just like hydroguard. dont use great white mychorrizae. its for soil. it breaks down organic substances to ionic form. and you are already giving your plants ionic nutrients (hydro)it gives the hydroguard something to eat off, but it shouldnt be there in the first place.
roots.PNG

Hydroguard and 68 degrees. this is 4 months.

I have found that from the hairs gives the best "on time" result to be honest. Brings the harvests to the right place with trichs ect.... . The actual stone is down to the amount of colour you allow the trichs to go.
All clear=crap .
Some clear some cloudy=Mildly " uppy" buzz .
All cloudy=similar to last one but longer buzz.
Mostly cloudy and some Amber visibly appearing ( about 20-30% and show like a shading ,shadow until close up direct on an amber trich=sweet spot for harvest.
Mostly Amber= Too ripe and will create a more sedative , less enjoyable, stone
Hope that makes sense mate.
Yes, Makes sense and I have a small microscope to check on them. So I need to check the hairs on the buds only?

z7 is enzymes. help keep the bad shit out, just like hydroguard. dont use great white mychorrizae. its for soil. it breaks down organic substances to ionic form. and you are already giving your plants ionic nutrients (hydro)it gives the hydroguard something to eat off, but it shouldnt be there in the first place.
roots.PNG

Hydroguard and 68 degrees. this is 4 months.
Wauw, that’s a good looking rootball you got there! What nutrients do you use?

On the bottle of the great white it says that it can be used for soil & hydroponics and I’ve seen people here use it also in dwc.
C0AE954F-7EE2-4B44-A78E-675021B02564.jpeg

It’s hard to open these two up more as stems are really short and woody.. conpletelly different from the other 4. And they don’t grow wide. Already broke one stem and taped it back together as I went a little to far, stem is growing back good btw.
Next run I’ll run some Ultimate clones from my friends best plant to see how it turns out.
Get some liquid scillica mate, that'll sort out the woodwork. Turns the plants to rubber amongst many other things. Cheap and an extremely useful product. Gotta have a decent pH meter to use it though.
Also, ultimate is the easiest to grow strain ever. Heavy feeder and can take any sort of punishment like a boss! Done loads of em, they're indestructable and they get absolutely massive! Nice smoke too. Like a light lemon haze sorta vibe. Happy day time stuff.
That's one at 3 weeks after the flip. 7 weeks veg from a rooted 2 node seedling. Crazy growth rates man. Nearly shit myself the first time lol. The auto version gets that size too.

Attachments

• 548d7758-de4c-4364-90c6-6660033def4a.jpg
    548d7758-de4c-4364-90c6-6660033def4a.jpg
    401.8 KB · Views: 42
I use jack's 321. stupid cheap.
Instead of great white you should check out OGbiowar root pack. its cheaper and better and has specific bacteria better for hydro applications. Capulator's the guy that has been all over bennys in soil and hydro and he has different bacteria / fungi for different functions. made my coco roots EXPLODE

I use jack's 321. stupid cheap.
Instead of great white you should check out OGbiowar root pack. its cheaper and better and has specific bacteria better for hydro applications. Capulator's the guy that has been all over bennys in soil and hydro and he has different bacteria / fungi for different functions. made my coco roots EXPLODE
Thanks, I will look it up tomorrow!

Get some liquid scillica mate, that'll sort out the woodwork. Turns the plants to rubber amongst many other things. Cheap and an extremely useful product. Gotta have a decent pH meter to use it though.
Also, ultimate is the easiest to grow strain ever. Heavy feeder and can take any sort of punishment like a boss! Done loads of em, they're indestructable and they get absolutely massive! Nice smoke too. Like a light lemon haze sorta vibe. Happy day time stuff.
That's one at 3 weeks after the flip. 7 weeks veg from a rooted 2 node seedling. Crazy growth rates man. Nearly shit myself the first time lol. The auto version gets that size too.
I’m using botanicare Silica blast from beginning. How long did the ultimates flower for best quality?

Yes, Makes sense and I have a small microscope to check on them. So I need to check the hairs on the buds only?
no mate. anywhere that trichs are abundant. can be sugar leaves , buds , qs long as you can view them

About 10 weeks from flip I think mate. I don't really time things.
Nice! Can i see some bud pics of the Ultimate? Really curious how you grew it :)

Nice! Can i see some bud pics of the Ultimate? Really curious how you grew it :)
Don't have any I'm afraid mate. My photos were all done at my mates untill recently. Only my first few autos that I've journalled properly. The rest of my journalled stuff is in a mash up of comparative grows on other forums. Ended up with hundreds of free autos so just been perpetually smashing through them all in 3gals for the last year or so.
All ultimates were done in NFT gt205's though. Topped at 3rd or 4th then lst'd to grow horizontally. Keep em well trimmed and full of nutes. The genetics and the Res take care of the rest. Really is such an easy strain to grow mate. Highly ressiliant against pretty much every adverse condition you can think of. Anything you chop off grows back double within a couple days.
Seen 2 people get over a kilo from the auto version, that's how strong the genetics are. My record was 600g. Mr ganjamoto and 912greenskell both done the kilo over on AFN though. One indoors one outside.

Don't have any I'm afraid mate. My photos were all done at my mates untill recently. Only my first few autos that I've journalled properly. The rest of my journalled stuff is in a mash up of comparative grows on other forums. Ended up with hundreds of free autos so just been perpetually smashing through them all in 3gals for the last year or so.
All ultimates were done in NFT gt205's though. Topped at 3rd or 4th then lst'd to grow horizontally. Keep em well trimmed and full of nutes. The genetics and the Res take care of the rest. Really is such an easy strain to grow mate. Highly ressiliant against pretty much every adverse condition you can think of. Anything you chop off grows back double within a couple days.
Seen 2 people get over a kilo from the auto version, that's how strong the genetics are. My record was 600g. Mr ganjamoto and 912greenskell both done the kilo over on AFN though. One indoors one outside.
That are some big numbers! Ultimates from Dutch Passion? What is NTF & AFN? Sorry I’m not good with english shorties as I’m from Holland

Back
Top Bottom