RQS Critical 6-Pot RDWC 1st Grow

Awsome plants you have going, nice job. Love the structure and those thick stems. Can't wait to see what they turn into, good luck moving forward.
Thanks man:p

Been very busy all weekend and checked on the plant on sunday and noticed a huge pH swing, strangest thing is that the swing was downwards from stable 5.7-6.0 all the way to 4.8 so they didn’t do much.

Hope it doesnt cause some lockout for some nutes. Added pH up and is now stable again at 5.7 and will keep an eye on it.

Also did a big defoliation in the forest hehe
055306FF-3518-4FED-B954-E089A89A549E.jpeg
B671D29E-B92D-4388-80EE-95107767C1A2.jpeg

Been very busy all weekend and checked on the plant on sunday and noticed a huge pH swing, strangest thing is that the swing was downwards from stable 5.7-6.0 all the way to 4.8 so they didn’t do much.

Hope it doesnt cause some lockout for some nutes. Added pH up and is now stable again at 5.7 and will keep an eye on it.

Also did a big defoliation in the forest hehe
055306FF-3518-4FED-B954-E089A89A549E.jpeg
B671D29E-B92D-4388-80EE-95107767C1A2.jpeg
nicely stripped out Peter..dont panic about the swing in ph. going up and down the range is a good thing and allows the full range of nutes to be absorbed. as long as you get it within range again. all looking good now still.

Had to do emegency shutdown of my new grow thanks to council accessing the heating system. In temp home waiting a week to reset up and get them off again. frustrating as hell. lol.

nicely stripped out Peter..dont panic about the swing in ph. going up and down the range is a good thing and allows the full range of nutes to be absorbed. as long as you get it within range again. all looking good now still.

Had to do emegency shutdown of my new grow thanks to council accessing the heating system. In temp home waiting a week to reset up and get them off again. frustrating as hell. lol.
Ah man that’s shocking, hope your babies will get recovered quick after restoring them back in your system!

It’s getting more and more frustrating to see the 4 plants on the right side taking off and the 2 on the left staying far behind.
Gonna try to do some changes in the way of setup in this system..
The difference is really noticable..
4DEB0D16-67F8-4B75-9C71-F2B4DFEFEB86.jpeg
276E4DDB-8579-49A4-9193-069560852742.jpeg

So yesterday I changed the system to topfeed because of the lack in growth of two plants sitting nearest to control bucket. Hope this change will sort things out.

After replacing an airstone I noticed that it gave much more bubbles so the others were a bit gunked up. Ordered a bunch of new ones. Any good method on cleaning old airstones?
Here some pics of the root development.
2E3F4901-350F-416E-B927-6F6F38E991C9.jpeg
80D021A1-4395-4423-9F87-8A4D6B7F871D.jpeg
49EB9F75-CE3B-41D7-8D96-20E1B1A23924.jpeg
7BAB1F10-2C4F-4707-8E92-58DEBB476DC1.jpeg
BC4BEF73-65C2-40B2-93A9-8A46B45CB672.jpeg
15FB735B-33F1-404A-B7ED-E3D94788F537.jpeg
E0222C9B-C6EE-4EC2-BB19-64819C54E026.jpeg
5FB04876-D790-4065-A8D3-F8E2A1928407.jpeg

Putting nutes in from above will help to replenish the system better and force the water below to circulate too. Your scrogging will balance it all out as the screen will be all bud sites hopefulley. once they are in flower and exposed to light evenly , they will ecome evenly matched for buds. you also have all the same strain so should be fairly uniform. There is slight varients per seed but generally they should grow the same. By topping and manifolding , you have altered the plants plans on an apical merristem ( main stem bud) so she will put nutes into the next highest flower to try to form one main. as the canopy is even the plant will feed all of the light gaining buds equally.
You will have a bud jungle in about 5 weeks time hopefully.

Whatsup guys,
Again a huge ph drop from 5.6 to 4.8
Still figuring out what can cause this.

Today I did a huge defoliation in 2 times on all the plants to make them ready for the flip.
18264039-283F-4336-A828-2A7569367FB5.jpeg
8C57B7CB-8827-43FD-93C2-4364D910A0ED.jpeg
1CFACBEE-8A36-4F26-B30A-9A4D3C346611.jpeg
D8EBBFD1-8E52-4976-8AF9-2E8D5B643CAD.jpeg

Whatsup guys,
Again a huge ph drop from 5.6 to 4.8
Still figuring out what can cause this.

Today I did a huge defoliation in 2 times on all the plants to make them ready for the flip.
18264039-283F-4336-A828-2A7569367FB5.jpeg
8C57B7CB-8827-43FD-93C2-4364D910A0ED.jpeg
1CFACBEE-8A36-4F26-B30A-9A4D3C346611.jpeg
D8EBBFD1-8E52-4976-8AF9-2E8D5B643CAD.jpeg
still some filling in to do mate. would get them spread a little more to avoid too many trying to share the same scrog hole. ideally no more than 1 cola a hole at least. The Ph drop coukd be more water being used in the res. Whats the temp like and ppm figures ? If you have a look at the chart in my signiture on oh. it can tell you a lot. .match your situation to it ie falling res, rising ppm, falling ph. it will give a solution based on your own observations. let me.know whichbit says. suspect their drinking a lot of water and less food ?.
have a look and save the page too. it is very handy.

still some filling in to do mate. would get them spread a little more to avoid too many trying to share the same scrog hole. ideally no more than 1 cola a hole at least. The Ph drop coukd be more water being used in the res. Whats the temp like and ppm figures ? If you have a look at the chart in my signiture on oh. it can tell you a lot. .match your situation to it ie falling res, rising ppm, falling ph. it will give a solution based on your own observations. let me.know whichbit says. suspect their drinking a lot of water and less food ?.
have a look and save the page too. it is very handy.
Yeah I know but I’m running out of patience lol. It’s taking forever haha and they really slowed in growth the last week..
But they’re taking in water, EC stays fairly the same and pH is falling. Did a res change again yesterday and set pH to 6.2 and ppm from 600-700 to around 1000ppm cause the leaves showed they needed more nutes. The 19th is was 4.8 & After the 22th it was again at 4.8
A6292212-6F93-41D8-A195-0350C3BE837F.jpeg

be careful feed wise Peter. the swinging ph could be them struggling to take so much in!!!. They drink but leave nutes that allow salt build up too which can cause a more toxic feed. The discolouring could be the nute swing issue and maybe calmag additional dose might help. Less is more with the gh schedule. higher ppm wont necessarily feed them more if they cant take the nutes in. Bare in mind that the ladies also secrete waste chemicals into the pots that can react with the ph scales too . More ph down over time will create an inbalance too as it has an effect on ppm itself.
The patience side is the killer that nobody can resolve yet , am working on a time machine though so fingers crossed .lol

I’ve had it with my plants in the past and it was because i was underfeeding. If you look at your chart it swings when ppm’s are low. My bets are it’s that. If you up the nutes to 800 ppm and see if the ph stays stable for longer. Looking really good Peter look how fat those stems are!

be careful feed wise Peter. the swinging ph could be them struggling to take so much in!!!. They drink but leave nutes that allow salt build up too which can cause a more toxic feed. The discolouring could be the nute swing issue and maybe calmag additional dose might help. Less is more with the gh schedule. higher ppm wont necessarily feed them more if they cant take the nutes in. Bare in mind that the ladies also secrete waste chemicals into the pots that can react with the ph scales too . More ph down over time will create an inbalance too as it has an effect on ppm itself.
The patience side is the killer that nobody can resolve yet , am working on a time machine though so fingers crossed .lol
I’ve looked up the pH chart, but yesterday did a res change and I’m just gonna let them go for the next few daysand keep a close eye on them. Today pH and ppm (6.2-1000ppm) were still the same and they drank water. If problem still there I’ll change again to lower, thanks for advise

I’d lower your ph to 5.7/5.8 it’s the optimal range for nutrient uptake in DWC.
I did it on purpose to see if it drops..
i’ll keep lowering it slowly the next days.

you can add ph,d water too. If you remove some from the buckets first. Take 10 lts out and add 10 of just water , let it mix then check again. dont forget tap water also has a ppm ( 130 for my tap water) . If you need to dilute more , then repeat ( dont forget to add hydroguard to the water too. this wont upset ppm but will keep the dilution correct for it.)
This method is normal Peter and saves dumping good nutes.If it had been an older made up mix then dumping it would have been sensible.
With the gh trio schedule. The ppm should remain around the 600 mark until flowering when it will be upped gradually by the new cycle weeks on the plan. As lewy says it could be starvation but in early veg at 1000 , it doesnt sound likely. keep an eye on the leaf tips.

you can add ph,d water too. If you remove some from the buckets first. Take 10 lts out and add 10 of just water , let it mix then check again. dont forget tap water also has a ppm ( 130 for my tap water) . If you need to dilute more , then repeat ( dont forget to add hydroguard to the water too. this wont upset ppm but will keep the dilution correct for it.)
This method is normal Peter and saves dumping good nutes.If it had been an older made up mix then dumping it would have been sensible.
With the gh trio schedule. The ppm should remain around the 600 mark until flowering when it will be upped gradually by the new cycle weeks on the plan. As lewy says it could be starvation but in early veg at 1000 , it doesnt sound likely. keep an eye on the leaf tips.
Maybe that’s my fault there but when I saw yellowing leaftips and the leaves were getring lighter green I made a water batch with the gh schedule of week 4 and added it to the old batch of water. After that I removed the old batch complete and filled it up again with gh week 4 so that’s why it’s now that high. Today I checked and all was stable and they’re drinking allot with same pH and same ppm. I slowly lowered the pH to around 5.9 this morning.
It looks like they’re liking it but maybe too early to say.. if not I’ll follow your advise of taking 10 liters out and replace with ph’d clean water. Thanks!

I’ve had it with my plants in the past and it was because i was underfeeding. If you look at your chart it swings when ppm’s are low. My bets are it’s that. If you up the nutes to 800 ppm and see if the ph stays stable for longer. Looking really good Peter look how fat those stems are!
Can you tell me more about the ppm rates you give them during the different stages?

Back
Top Bottom