RQS Critical 6-Pot RDWC 1st Grow

So I’m still enjoying my holidays on the beach and my mate who takes care of the plants send me some nice pics..
day 40 in flower, what do you guys think? Are they on track ? :D
11930D40-74AC-440B-B346-E55F24625E7A.jpeg
002247B9-C260-4961-A487-D7D8798B8276.jpeg
9289CAF7-D790-4AE5-93C1-D7D316AA4E37.jpeg

So I’m still enjoying my holidays on the beach and my mate who takes care of the plants send me some nice pics..
day 40 in flower, what do you guys think? Are they on track ? :D
Beautiful example of the strain mate look great. They will be huge pompoms when you come home. pleasant holiday
Thanks mate! Can’t wait I miss them so much haha

They look great Peter should be an exciting finish. Very healthy plants. On the home stretch now!
Yeah thanks mate! Can’t wait to see them :D

What’s up guys!?
Just came back from vacation and the weather is bad here in Holland lol.

My friend who has the same rdwc system babysitted on my plants and they look oké, I expected them a bit bigger but he had some pH and feeding problems. Tomorrow I’ll do a res change to be on the safe side.

A lot of leaves are suffering from brown-ish dots, my guess is Cal/Mag but I may be wrong.

Any suggestions would be nice! :thumb:
3432223E-CC73-4B1D-B687-FDFCF1CDC4D7.jpeg
0FAC3374-8CB0-4F30-AC1A-77CD41602031.jpeg
70954A2D-B1CF-4769-A2AC-8A3B59CDCEDC.jpeg
D9A7A695-9EA8-4A55-A41E-48F082A5AE00.jpeg
67922241-4BB3-49BF-B655-F1F9D7B3D1DB.jpeg
670701F0-354B-496D-A004-E96DFFB68F9E.jpeg
0DC8583B-6816-4ED5-A6BC-6C9CD9A5193B.jpeg
5BD94FCF-ED5A-444A-8AB2-2E0ABFCCCF2D.jpeg

hey mate welcome back. all looking good even with the spots. They could well be from the feeding issues and ph prob. once they take a hit , it can scar them and the tips indicate nute burn/ph . Your so close to the end now that a little damaged leaf shouldn't affect it now. If the probs were corrected and a new mix is now running , you will be fine. you could remove the badly damaged ones to save her trying to keep them going and diverting energy from bud building. Hope you had a better return journey ? , and a great time on vacation. I still have till thursday before i can escape this torture and get back to the girls. glad your ladies had a babysitter for peace of mind.lol
I am praying the Barneys ladies are coping too.
peace and blessing Peter.I look forward to your next update

Y
hey mate welcome back. all looking good even with the spots. They could well be from the feeding issues and ph prob. once they take a hit , it can scar them and the tips indicate nute burn/ph . Your so close to the end now that a little damaged leaf shouldn't affect it now. If the probs were corrected and a new mix is now running , you will be fine. you could remove the badly damaged ones to save her trying to keep them going and diverting energy from bud building. Hope you had a better return journey ? , and a great time on vacation. I still have till thursday before i can escape this torture and get back to the girls. glad your ladies had a babysitter for peace of mind.lol
I am praying the Barneys ladies are coping too.
peace and blessing Peter.I look forward to your next update
yeah mate! Return journey was much better! Only the plane landing was terrifying for us all, was a really HARD landing through the mist!
Only till thursday, so enjoy your last days mate! Would be a surprise for you how the Barneys are getting on with no dad around lol.

I really thought it was lack of Cal/Mag for the brown dots. I’m feeding them normally 2.5ml/Gal.

Also another issue is the RH of 69% quite high for in flower (temp is 25C). I think it also has to do with the weather outside and with the leaves that have grown back since the defol around day 19 in flower. I mean they’ve grown real bushy again. I’m afraid to do another defol because it might turn out bad on end harvest.

Any tips on lowering the RH?

Y

yeah mate! Return journey was much better! Only the plane landing was terrifying for us all, was a really HARD landing through the mist!
Only till thursday, so enjoy your last days mate! Would be a surprise for you how the Barneys are getting on with no dad around lol.

I really thought it was lack of Cal/Mag for the brown dots. I’m feeding them normally 2.5ml/Gal.

Also another issue is the RH of 69% quite high for in flower (temp is 25C). I think it also has to do with the weather outside and with the leaves that have grown back since the defol around day 19 in flower. I mean they’ve grown real bushy again. I’m afraid to do another defol because it might turn out bad on end harvest.

Any tips on lowering the RH?
Bad landings have everyone nervous.lol we descended through thick cloud and had bad turbulence which had a few verbal cries from worried passengers but being a plane nerd as i am , they never worry me. its the whole pocket of air that buffets and not just the plane so cant fall out of the sky thankfully.
With the rh , as long as you can get good airflow throughout the canopy then it shouldnt allow mould to get going. if you make up a 20% milk to water mix and spray them at any sign of mould , then this should be held at bay. Milk kills the spores and any pests too. This hopefully wont be necessary ad with good airflow , mould cant take hold. It wont hurt to defol any blocking leaves but do it gradually to avoid overstress. try to get all the bud sites into light with no obstructions from leaves. You will feel a lot braver for your next one regarding defol. Ideally done throughout veg but also up to week 4 flower , when she stops producing leaves and gives all to buds. you can also use tucking to your advantage with good airflow. The rh should drop with another defol too, so see where you could lose fan leaves .
The spots should be sorted with your own hands on deck and knowing you have the mix , ph bang on should prevent anymore issues. Keep up the great work mate. soon be time to weigh it all up.

Bad landings have everyone nervous.lol we descended through thick cloud and had bad turbulence which had a few verbal cries from worried passengers but being a plane nerd as i am , they never worry me. its the whole pocket of air that buffets and not just the plane so cant fall out of the sky thankfully.
With the rh , as long as you can get good airflow throughout the canopy then it shouldnt allow mould to get going. if you make up a 20% milk to water mix and spray them at any sign of mould , then this should be held at bay. Milk kills the spores and any pests too. This hopefully wont be necessary ad with good airflow , mould cant take hold. It wont hurt to defol any blocking leaves but do it gradually to avoid overstress. try to get all the bud sites into light with no obstructions from leaves. You will feel a lot braver for your next one regarding defol. Ideally done throughout veg but also up to week 4 flower , when she stops producing leaves and gives all to buds. you can also use tucking to your advantage with good airflow. The rh should drop with another defol too, so see where you could lose fan leaves .
The spots should be sorted with your own hands on deck and knowing you have the mix , ph bang on should prevent anymore issues. Keep up the great work mate. soon be time to weigh it all up.
I’m a bit afraid to do a defol so I will increase airflow somehow and will keep tucking the leaves to open up budsites.
Hope you’ll have a relaxter flight home mate ! And give an update on the Barneys :D

i hear you mate. Have seen some brutal defols turn up some great buds and harvests. had enough of this place now , had food poisoning last 2 days and chest infection from lack of sleep. need real food and home bed now. Holiday from hell comes to mind.lol

i hear you mate. Have seen some brutal defols turn up some great buds and harvests. had enough of this place now , had food poisoning last 2 days and chest infection from lack of sleep. need real food and home bed now. Holiday from hell comes to mind.lol
I think you need a thick phat spliff to relax haha! No where I was the food was also really bad at most places.. some were even so bad that we didn’t want to pay for it. But at least the beer they served was oké lol

heehee saved by the beer mate. Sadly i think as tourists we are a temp customer so repeat business is unlikely. hygiene here is awful and tepid food is every meal time. We went all inclusive to avoid meal issues too !!
lack of sleep due to the very loud building fans after a move from 1st room for being above the heating pumps. glad i am leaving today. need a holiday to get over this one.

heehee saved by the beer mate. Sadly i think as tourists we are a temp customer so repeat business is unlikely. hygiene here is awful and tepid food is every meal time. We went all inclusive to avoid meal issues too !!
lack of sleep due to the very loud building fans after a move from 1st room for being above the heating pumps. glad i am leaving today. need a holiday to get over this one.
Yeah sadly but so true! Have a safe flight and go get some decent sleep at home mate:thumb:

A quickie of the girls so far. i do use another site ( not a patch on here though tbh) and journal individually but i am due to start one for these beauties. i do use the community grow of profs for mini updates so far but will get on it with one
How long now for your end ? must be very very close now ?.
20190525_143657.jpg
20190525_143655.jpg
20190525_143650.jpg
20190525_143638.jpg
20190525_143633.jpg
20190525_143612.jpg
20190525_143607.jpg
20190525_143553.jpg
20190525_143514.jpg

A quickie of the girls so far. i do use another site ( not a patch on here though tbh) and journal individually but i am due to start one for these beauties. i do use the community grow of profs for mini updates so far but will get on it with one
How long now for your end ? must be very very close now ?.
20190525_143657.jpg
20190525_143655.jpg
20190525_143650.jpg
20190525_143638.jpg
20190525_143633.jpg
20190525_143612.jpg
20190525_143607.jpg
20190525_143553.jpg
20190525_143514.jpg
Lookin good mister! They all in coco and all Barneys right?
Mine are at day 47 in flower now, how long did you let them flower from the moment of lightswitch?
Took a few pics just now and the smell is sooo strong!!
AAC8077C-7592-4281-8F65-7636E67518D7.jpeg
DA2AF59D-61C9-4CB0-BABD-ABC1C8440288.jpeg
C72B26AA-CF15-4442-9B29-CAC94B515407.jpeg
DF3F73DD-8186-4A47-A944-355A1BC0CF9D.jpeg
5D9CC978-464D-417B-80A1-1D84E350232B.jpeg
04C93D2D-8B67-4900-A836-C05E75148837.jpeg

Lookin good mister! They all in coco and all Barneys right?
Mine are at day 47 in flower now, how long did you let them flower from the moment of lightswitch?
Took a few pics just now and the smell is sooo strong!!
AAC8077C-7592-4281-8F65-7636E67518D7.jpeg
DA2AF59D-61C9-4CB0-BABD-ABC1C8440288.jpeg
C72B26AA-CF15-4442-9B29-CAC94B515407.jpeg
DF3F73DD-8186-4A47-A944-355A1BC0CF9D.jpeg
5D9CC978-464D-417B-80A1-1D84E350232B.jpeg
04C93D2D-8B67-4900-A836-C05E75148837.jpeg
wow Peter, they look great mate. I harvested at week 8 as mine looked cloudy and had ambers starting to shade on the trichromes. It is a matter of high to a point now. if you do it at first signs of cloudyness then the high will be less heavy\potent . If you harvest with lots of Amber trichromes then the stone will be more narcotic and sleepy (couchlock) so ideally thee sweet spot to match the claimed effects of the strain is when all of the trichs are cloudy with a hint of amber appearing over the buds trichs in places. Using the hairs and their colour can be misleading as they often put new white pistils out to keep her chances of pollen catching fresh. over time you will find this very easy to get right .

I have put the Barneys in coco mini pots and now am going to do a full coco grow for simplicity of keeping feeds straight forward. The Barneys are going into fabric pots though.All the hulkberry are in Plastic 20 ltr coco ones too. I am going to do a quick update of the days difference from just tying down and getting them more light with the Metal Halide on. They have responded brilliantly and headed upwards again already. Might get a decent yield from the hulk after all ?.lol
I have every faith in the Barneys now they are well established and heading for light. Hopefully will be up potting them on friday next week to their bigger pots and starting to quad manifold them.
As a confidence builder about the defoliation ( Once you trim and remove all those leaves and bits of green you will seek out the info happily .lol) have a read up on a technique called " schwazzing" . It is from a book that costs $500 and is aimed at 3lb per light grows following tried and proven methods of the authors. Like a lot of wild claims the book is not going to be worth that but the articles and methods are now findable for free. I dont think it is the only way to do it at all but wanted you to be able to see the logic and assurances from the defoliation. i understand your apprehension mate i assure you but i felt the same until i saw the benefits and understood the different approaches i could take. You are a great researcher and this has transferred into that beautiful looking bud forest you have before you ( To Trim every leaf from !!!!! teehee). It will make all the difference for indoor growing for you too.
Take a look at the update on the Hulkberry if you get time too, i am hoping seeing them stretched out to go vertical and how they respond without slowing the grow in the process. Not mind blowing but interesting to see how stronger light gets them dancing skyward.

heres the barney babies. just getting over the mini starvation and growing out a bit better now.

Cookie Kush
20190525_130615.jpg
20190525_130730.jpg
20190525_130742.jpg
20190525_130749.jpg
20190525_130801.jpg
20190525_130832.jpg
20190525_130841.jpg
20190525_130858.jpg
20190525_130901.jpg
20190525_143553.jpg

wow Peter, they look great mate. I harvested at week 8 as mine looked cloudy and had ambers starting to shade on the trichromes. It is a matter of high to a point now. if you do it at first signs of cloudyness then the high will be less heavy\potent . If you harvest with lots of Amber trichromes then the stone will be more narcotic and sleepy (couchlock) so ideally thee sweet spot to match the claimed effects of the strain is when all of the trichs are cloudy with a hint of amber appearing over the buds trichs in places. Using the hairs and their colour can be misleading as they often put new white pistils out to keep her chances of pollen catching fresh. over time you will find this very easy to get right .

I have put the Barneys in coco mini pots and now am going to do a full coco grow for simplicity of keeping feeds straight forward. The Barneys are going into fabric pots though.All the hulkberry are in Plastic 20 ltr coco ones too. I am going to do a quick update of the days difference from just tying down and getting them more light with the Metal Halide on. They have responded brilliantly and headed upwards again already. Might get a decent yield from the hulk after all ?.lol
I have every faith in the Barneys now they are well established and heading for light. Hopefully will be up potting them on friday next week to their bigger pots and starting to quad manifold them.
As a confidence builder about the defoliation ( Once you trim and remove all those leaves and bits of green you will seek out the info happily .lol) have a read up on a technique called " schwazzing" . It is from a book that costs $500 and is aimed at 3lb per light grows following tried and proven methods of the authors. Like a lot of wild claims the book is not going to be worth that but the articles and methods are now findable for free. I dont think it is the only way to do it at all but wanted you to be able to see the logic and assurances from the defoliation. i understand your apprehension mate i assure you but i felt the same until i saw the benefits and understood the different approaches i could take. You are a great researcher and this has transferred into that beautiful looking bud forest you have before you ( To Trim every leaf from !!!!! teehee). It will make all the difference for indoor growing for you too.
Take a look at the update on the Hulkberry if you get time too, i am hoping seeing them stretched out to go vertical and how they respond without slowing the grow in the process. Not mind blowing but interesting to see how stronger light gets them dancing skyward.

heres the barney babies. just getting over the mini starvation and growing out a bit better now.

Cookie Kush
20190525_130615.jpg
20190525_130730.jpg
20190525_130742.jpg
20190525_130749.jpg
20190525_130801.jpg
20190525_130832.jpg
20190525_130841.jpg
20190525_130858.jpg
20190525_130901.jpg
20190525_143553.jpg
Yeah mate! It’s roughly the last week, next week tuesday they’re exactly at 8 weeks of flower. How much days would you advise to flush with only pH’d water?

And for the defol, hehe it was a hell of a job with these bushy plants but I understand the technique benefits for indoor grows. I will look up the schwazzing technique you talked about.

Why are you starting them in mini pots and not in the end container? Saves some work en stress right?

I’m planning to do a fully coco next grow just to experience if I like it or not, but still doing research on which size pots and which kind pots.. airpots, smartpots, fabric pots. Maybe you could help me there to choose the right ones. Planning to do a grow with about 12 clones in my 4x4.

I’m happy for you they turned out so well and looking forward on your training and coco growing experience mate! Will follow your grow, cheers bud :D

Yeah mate! It’s roughly the last week, next week tuesday they’re exactly at 8 weeks of flower. How much days would you advise to flush with only pH’d water?

And for the defol, hehe it was a hell of a job with these bushy plants but I understand the technique benefits for indoor grows. I will look up the schwazzing technique you talked about.

Why are you starting them in mini pots and not in the end container? Saves some work en stress right?

I’m planning to do a fully coco next grow just to experience if I like it or not, but still doing research on which size pots and which kind pots.. airpots, smartpots, fabric pots. Maybe you could help me there to choose the right ones. Planning to do a grow with about 12 clones in my 4x4.

I’m happy for you they turned out so well and looking forward on your training and coco growing experience mate! Will follow your grow, cheers bud :D
That is great to read Peter. woohoo all action soon. You may need to enlist help to trim to save your eyes and fingers. Will be a great crop mate. Please dont be gutted by the shrinkage from drying them , it becomes easier to accept over time. You have been great to work alongside mate and ask great questions with an understanding, easy to explain too.
You will absolutely love coco mate , i guarantee it throughout the warmer months for sure. Think dwc is a winter medium for us in crap changeable climates. lol
Working with it is far easier , cannot be overwatered , keeps cool root zone , can be fed bennies , teas and treated easily if needed when probs occur.
It can take constant watering , daily , weekly and hold moisture for a long time if in big enough pots. So versatile and would definitely suit you i am sure. Feeds are supported more with cal mag as it does tend to cling to coco in the root zone so can limit it to the roots to take up. Easy to remove the plants from and reuse with a quick flush out. The waste issue is a pain but i still feel drain-to-waste allows us to know exactly what goes in every feed. You an feed as little or often as you choose too .
I use 27ltr Fabric pots for them and you can go straight into them from seedling too , but the watering of a huge amount of coco that will be wasted until the roots reach the edges , is not good so it needs teasing out as they grow .
My ladies are only still in the pots due to needing coco to up pot. (Got to wait till Friday) .Will show you as we go mate. More than happy to continue as we have mate , pleasure to share your experience.
Onto task in hand.lol
With the flushing in dwc , the advice is to do pure water only for 3 days to clean the nutes out of the root zone.Absolute pointless exercise imo and i just added water during last weeks top up which diminished the amount of ppm anyway. It really is ALL about the drying process Peter.
Think of the Terpenes being minute bubbles that have a surface tension to keep until we smoke/use them. If dried too fast they burst , rather than grow and keep the surface tension stretching . No different to bubble making with soapy water really. By the slow drying method with no destruction of the living structure or the chlorophyll/carbs mobility These should stay intact until the actual o2 has evaporated and left a crystalline bubble , protecting the aroma and taste until consumption. This is a very quick analogy of my understanding of how smell/taste gets killed in many grows from drying too quickly with heat/light/oxygen all Terpene degrading environmentals to consider. Thc is there too but degrades in light/heat at a far less rapid rate.
The jarring process is also slightly off kilter to what people mean by a "cure" too. Curing weed would be months long in the dark cooler than 19°c and 6.2 rh. This allows the thc to ferment as wine does and creates a very potent and aromatic product that is far stronger than what we use. I will do this one day for sure but for most growers , we want product now and not months later so we dont "cure" , we actually just ripen a bit more and keep the terpenes alive longer in a jar for two weeks , giving us our great smoke.
With slow drying , no cuts , the week in a jar finishes it off perfectly. Longer storage does improve it as you use it too.
Remove ALL leaves in the trimming at their base so as not to leave any green chlorophyll in the dried bud too.Makes great hash. Have started a Barneys one now , will sub u in mate. am looking forward to your next update now.

Back
Top Bottom