Back From Hiatus - Snow White is STILL alive !

26 days flowering and still doing well. The clone is looking better, hoping to get it to a point where i can get yet another clone. My seedlings aren't looking so hot, altho I have 2 healthy ones....still trying to get enough clone / female stock to make it into a perpetual grow. will post more later,

peace :roorrip:

I reccomend backing off on the nutes a bit, flush the soil with distilled water and then water with 1/4 str flowering nutes. Add some fish emulsion to the first watering at 1/2 str. Looks like you had some nute burn, and a ph lockout from somthing.

Try not to cut off any more solar panels :)

Unless the leaves are 50% dead or more, just clip the part off thats dying. They need all the light they can get, and they get it through those leaves.

Clones usually cannot take direct hps for a few weeks, so put her in a corner away from the light if you can and cover her to keep the humidity up with a clear plastic bottle or somthing, opening it daily for air.

Hope this helps. I did not go back and read through, I am trying to catch up on some long lost journals :)

Good luck, I will be watching from here on out man :)

You should be good to cut in a month or so!

Thats depresing my friend i am also using a phototron myself and i would be intrested in exchanging ideas i have a few post and only 2 pics up in the gallery but im hoping to have more up in the next few days.Im using everything from the company to test out how she fairs all the way through w/ there method funny thing is my girls showed pistils after 3 weeks i dont know much about this being only my second grow but i hope this do not turn hermy like yours did so yesterday was the first day of 12/12 43 days from seed so i guess ill found out in the next week if they truly are female or hermy

Thanx for looking Boss ! I flushed her and will add some nutes when she needs watering again. I checked the ph with the meter and it seemed fine. :|
I prolly burned her with the over ferts.

BlueberryBudz... I'm over the depressed thing. Ya just gotta keep on trucking. I am only using the Phototron for seedling at the moment. Even tho the plant showed a few male flowers, I clipped them all off early as I saw them and for a week or so now, I haven't seen any and the buds are still growing. Maybe I got lucky ? anyway...I have a clone growing from this plant and am gonna grow it for more clones and to flower JUST to see what will happen. I have some seedlings growing also so I can keep a grow going. I REALLY need / want to get some more good seeds but I have not a clue as to a GOOD bank that will ship to the USA. Any ideas, anyone ? anyway... here's some updated pics...

Bonita at 28 days flowering
bonita1.jpg

Some Bud Shots
bud110.jpg

bud29.jpg

bud37.jpg

The Lone Clone from Her
clone13.jpg

clone22.jpg

I'm STILL trying ! Eventually I'll be able to show some buds that will make all you guys proud of me. :grinjoint:

As always, any help or suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Peace :roorrip:

I love your setup! Nice and clean :) you could perform surgery in there :laughtwo: You must've topped and trained him/her yes?

That sucks about the hermie situation :( but it's all learning and fun ain't it :) I totally screwed up my first harvest.. but I believe everything I learned during my first grow is worth more to me than actually having the bud in the end to smoke!

Good luck man :cheesygrinsmiley:
Peace

You must've topped and trained him/her yes?

I never topped her, but i LST'd the hell outta her. I REALLY like LST.

StonerGrower:You really need to cut back on the nutes man. You should do a flush and stop pushing it to the max.

I will. I have. and I will. Boss basically told me the same thing a few posts up. :grinjoint: And thanx for the help all of you..This is only my 2nd try and I'm really learning. The next one will be better, although I'm thinking of a 12/12 from seeding try while the Snow White clone grows up a bit. Can you take clones duiring a 12/12 grow like that ?? Seems the plants would be a bit small for cloning... hrmm... decisions,decisions...

Well since i have flushed , the plant is doing better.
I'm really amazed, but all the buds are getting a burst of growth.
They all have little sprouts on the top like little bitty buds and I can see trichomes all over. Seems the production has started. I'm very excited.
The clone is doing well and I also have 3 healthy seedlings from some good bag seed that I am going to try to grow. Same old story... just trying to get to the point when I have enough plants to keep female clones to veg and flower.
Will post more later.

Peace, :roorrip:

Hey all...
well... since the flush that boss and others advised, the plant is looking better.
The new growth isn't showing burn at the ends of the leaves and there is a lot of new growth as far as the buds go. I'm sure if I had been a LOT more careful with nutes and trimming that she'd be doing better, but I consider it yet another lesson learned. I did check ph today and it's at 6.7 for Bonita and 6.6 for the clone. I took pics today to show the lst'd bottom (just for grins) so here ya go....

She is at 33 days flowering now...

Bonita's Bottom
000_0005.jpg

Full Shot
000_00041.jpg

Some Ugly Buds :p
(next grow will be better, I PROMISE...I AM learning from you guys)
You can see the trich's if ya look close
000_0001.jpg

000_0003.jpg

The Lone Clone (I'm hoping good things for this clone)
000_00061.jpg

000_00071.jpg

000_0008.jpg

And there ya go... I'm kind of afraid to add any nutes at the moment as I screwed up so badly last time. Just have given her water the last 2 waterings..

I know this grow hasn't been the best and most all you guys have plants that are so much prettier than mine, but I tried to get a few closeups so you you could see my trichome development. Hey ! it's better than the first grow and I'm sure the next plant will be better. And I'm thinking that this batch will smoke pretty decently ! :smokin:

Closeups...
1aa.jpg

1aaa.jpg

Thanx for the kind words Boss. I've had a really hard time with my first two grows. :| I really am a bit depressed about it, but that too will pass. All in All...I learned quite a bit and I am going to apply what I've learned to try yet again.

I was talking to a good friend who grew a long while ago and during the conversation he suggested I drop all the soil and try Hydro.
I STILL think I was having heat problems with the 400w HPS so with all that said..I decided to end this grow.

You guys have been a GREAT help and PLEASE know that it was all appreciated and notes were taken. Cheers to all. I WILL be needing help with the Hydro Grow and I'll start a new thread if that's OK.

I cut the main stems from Bonita yesterday and hung them to dry in the flowering chamber. I turned off the HPS and left the carbon filter on for the dry as the buds were quite aromatic. I left a few of the lower buds and such in a hopeful attempt at re-vegging for some clones.

This morning I went to the local Hydro store and purchased a Waterfarm Unit. I am going to try the clone I got off Bonita to try to learn the ropes of Hydro. More details will be in the new thread.

Anyway... I took pics of the final harvest and feel free to move this post Boss.

The last Hurrah for Bonita...
Bonitabud001.jpg

Bonitabudz.jpg

Thanx again and Peace, :roorrip:

Buds look premature...Hardly no resin production. How many days did you flower before harvesting? With a 400watt hps you should of had some monster buds.

You are very correct. Bonita only went 35 days or so flowering, so 1/2 way maybe, But the whole grow was botched imho by my inept abilities and knowledge with soil, ferts , soil & water ph, heat and taking way too many fan leaves off the plant. Rather than try to nurse the plant back to health, I REALLY needed some smoke and I was ready to try a better attempt. And, seriously, I think I've found that with trying hydro the first time now, I can keep a plant healthy enough to be happy about getting a plant to full term for harvest. So, with all that said... here's what I got. I dried and have in a jar now to cure a bit, 8 buds like the ones pictured below and a bunch of nuggets. I've smoked a bit of it and it's MUCH better than anything I can buy locally around here so I'm VERY happy and I'm excited and sure that the hydro grow will produce more now that I think I have a grip on it. :)

Look at the bottom pic for the resin, not much, but they were real premature and I'm still happy with the smoke as I'm sure fully mature buds off this same plant would be GREAT and I'm trying to grow them now :)

harvest013.jpg

harvest023.jpg

Back
Top Bottom