Back to bubbles soon!

Just a little excited to start a Deep Water Culture grow soon. Moving next week to a place with a little more 'cooling' potential :grinjoint:

Been on the sidelines doing the dirt thing due to summer temps. Can't keep my closet below 82* where I'm at now.

Probably going with two separate res's, one plant each :yahoo:

See you Deep Water Culture soon!

Oh...btw. Been watching some serious grows going on here in the Deep Water Culture world. "Contest winners" as Rose likes to say. Keep up the good work all :bravo:

I don't get very worked up about the temperature thing. My tent (4'x4'x6.3') runs about 82F 24/7 and the reservoir stays about the same and sometimes higher (up to 85-86).

I just make sure to use some 3% hydrogen peroxide and I judge by the appearance of the tank. But I've found that when your doing bubbles in a heated situation that extra water and lots of oxygen goes a long way with that small bit of hydrogen peroxide. So I continually keep about 12gals of water available and I oxygenate it with a 35watt air pump that ensures the water is constantly moving. The room the tent sits in allow for 68-74F air to be pulled in for cooling and for exhaust I have only a 4in Elicent inline fan that dumps into another room with a return register.

I would love to keep everything around 72F but with a 400MH/600HPS (veg/flower) its just not possible without costing me way to much in AC electricity costs and honestly my plants don't seem to mind and I haven't had any contamination / odd growth in my tank at all.

This is just my experience with my setup.

Thanks guys! I'm all settled in my new place now. Hit a little snag though...the closet does not allow the room I thought it would. I was planning on going with a grow tent and maybe two plants.

Now I am looking to build my own grow box. Problem is, my hood with exhaust is too big for the space I have :hmmmm: Good thing I kept all those cfl's!!

This grow will be cfl from start to finish. I'm actually looking forward to less heat and lower electrical use.

I have the box sketched out, just need the wood and a day to build, caulk and paint. They are replacing some flooring tomorrow and Wednesday then I am home free to start work!

How "used" are your cfl's?

They were used for one veg cycle. The 2700k's were used during one flower cycle as supplemental lighting.

Do the cfl's degrade after a short time? They are cheap enough to replace if I need to.

Thanks, MC

I use my 6500k for about 2 grows and then for a little side lighting so lets call that 2 1/2 grows. From what I've been told that's about how long they last as a grow light. They will light just fine but the lumens are diminished. 2700k bulbs last about 4 grows for me. Wish I had a light meter to prove it but those that do have told me that's the way it works so I beleive them just to be on the safe side.

Thanks guys! I'm all settled in my new place now. Hit a little snag though...the closet does not allow the room I thought it would. I was planning on going with a grow tent and maybe two plants.

Now I am looking to build my own grow box. Problem is, my hood with exhaust is too big for the space I have :hmmmm: Good thing I kept all those cfl's!!

This grow will be cfl from start to finish. I'm actually looking forward to less heat and lower electrical use.

I have the box sketched out, just need the wood and a day to build, caulk and paint. They are replacing some flooring tomorrow and Wednesday then I am home free to start work!

Buy some penguin plastic, its cheap and alot more versatlie than a tent!

nightmare

Well they were suppose to do some work in my new rental place...

Slipped through the cracks is what the cute girl in the office told me. Her smile won me over though, haha!

With that being said my comeback has been delayed. I am going to go with a 36"wx20"deepx53" tall grow tent. Best buy in my book.

I think I am going to order it tomorrow and not worry about it since I am legal and it will be VERY discreet.

Hope to have her up and running asap, depending on shipping time. I wish I could buy local but, we are talking up to a $50 savings buying online. I'll make up for that in nute purchases ;) haha!

Hope to update soon!:grinjoint:

:yahoo: grow tent came!

Ordered it on Monday, came on Tuesday! Only had to come from the bay area, lucky me :cheesygrinsmiley: It's 36" wide, 20" deep and 63" tall, perfect fit. Great buy I might add, same as the cost of building my own heavy grow box.

I had Wednesday off so I checked around with the reputable co-ops in town and found the last Chemdawg clone available. Sweet! Bought some hydroton and a nice air pump with flow control and 4 outputs. Brought her home and set up my GH Waterfarm that I only used for two weeks last year. It's modified to run air stones in it too.

This time I punched a ton more much needed holes in the waterfarm

Chemdawg_001.jpg

and the final set up, for now...

Chemdawg_002.jpg

Chemdawg_003.jpg

Chemdawg_004.jpg

She was a little hungry when I picked her up. Gave her two days of ph'd water only. Today an eighth of a feeding, consisting of Flora Nova Grow and GH Florablend. There is a lot of new growth going on in the top center since I bought her :)

Chemdawg_005.jpg

I went to Lowes for new cfl's. I'm running 6, 6500k, 100w cfl's rated at 1600 lumens each. I started with 4 for her first day home. I plan on upping it a bit in a week or so. On a side note...my Home Depot had 'daylight' bulbs too. But I read the package and they were 5000k. IMO Lowes is the place for cfl's.

Chemdawg_006.jpg

I will copy this over to the journal in progress soon, just wanted to show my fellow bubbleheads I'm back!!

Wish me luck all...as I wish you all the best of harvest's!!

YD

Back
Top Bottom