How to Become a Bubble head

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: How to Become a Deep Water Culture

Actually they fit nice, tight but nice. I even have room for my switchable ballast..I call it a closet, but its more like a cabinet. I was going to use CFL but got an incrediable deal on this light.(hood,ballast,2 bulbs. 1 hps 1 mh. for under $300 couldnt pass that up) my babies started from clones 10 days ago. the clones were 3 inches tall when they went in the systems. today they are 12 inches tall and bushy. I have 1 fan blowing through the light and out. another fan blowing out mounted to the back wall and a dual window fan bringing in fresh air.. It looks primitive but its working..I lowered my light today from 4ft to 2ft from the babies and they are doing great, temp is varried 75-78 at night 78-86 day time..I am worried that the light may be too close now..what do I look for to know if it is?

how to fit 3 SH systems in a tiny place

day_8_of_veg2.jpg

:yummy:

Nice shoehorn work and nice start to the grow! What your res temp? Are those all females? Also, you need net pot covers on the plants to avoid algae. That 1000 will light it up right though the hydrotron.

I would like to thank the Deep Water Culture for bieng here. your info is priceless. as a new grower I am proud to say that because of you all I am growing with bubbles. I would like to thank you Roseman for your D.I.Y. tutorials. they have become my grow bible..

I have not seen anyone using a 1000 watt MH/HPS light set up? or did I miss something? I have searched and cant find an answer to a question about that light..could one of the Deep Water Culture please help me?? I simply want to know how close is too close with that big light?? i have a 5ft x 2ft closet with 18 babies in 3 SH systems... but I do not have the greatest vent system..thanks for any help on this

1st, welcome to the site and welcome to the gang. Very glad you joined us.

There is a Deep Water Culture Home Thread and I suggest you go there and ask about the HID lights. I only am experienced with CFLs.

Peace,bro.

Actually they fit nice, tight but nice. I even have room for my switchable ballast..I call it a closet, but its more like a cabinet. I was going to use CFL but got an incrediable deal on this light.(hood,ballast,2 bulbs. 1 hps 1 mh. for under $300 couldnt pass that up) my babies started from clones 10 days ago. the clones were 3 inches tall when they went in the systems. today they are 12 inches tall and bushy. I have 1 fan blowing through the light and out. another fan blowing out mounted to the back wall and a dual window fan bringing in fresh air.. It looks primitive but its working..I lowered my light today from 4ft to 2ft from the babies and they are doing great, temp is varried 75-78 at night 78-86 day time..I am worried that the light may be too close now..what do I look for to know if it is?

I have heard to sue the "hand test" but I am not sure if that applies to babies. Someoen else will know.

They say to keep a 1000w hid 18" to 48" above the plant. But as Roseman mentioned I use the hand test, I just hold my hand right at the canopy and see how it feels, if too warm I lift it a little until it doesn't feel too warm. The better your hood is vented the closer you can get. I've found that even if I get the light too close they recover almost immediately, they don't seem to mind it too much, though I wouldn't push it. You'll just have to get a feel for it yourself, it doesn't take too much.

And Please start a journal of your grow, I'd love to see the progress of your plants. I know how 6 did in that space, it will be interesting to see how 18 do.

ok #1 yes all babies are female they were started from clone.. they are strawberry blue and white berry..#2 im not sure about res temp.. no thermo in there yet..but is cool to touch..#3 these babies are only 11 days old in that photo...and last but not least, how do i start a new post so i can do a journal.. i will start it right now if i can learn how

:yummy::cheer:

As crowded as they are you have no choice but to put them in 12/12 really soon. What you have established with your layout is a defacto sea of green with only fems in there.. Now I don't know a lot about that technique so you might want to look around for some experts in that area.

Plants look good so you are probably right about the temps for now.

Here's how to Start a thread

Go to Forums ( top left on top of page) and then go to the grower's forum ( about half way down) and then to the subforem of hydroponic gardening, scroll down do this

Scroll down and at the bottom will be a button on the left that says New thread. That will open your thread in the the proper forum.

Journal started.. title is 1000watt sea of green.. im not too sure where it will show up, i think if im right the tags of Deep Water Culture and Deep Water Culture put it in that search somewhere??? all i know is that i did as MC directed and i hope its easy to find.. a few photos will be posted here in a few minutes.

thank you all for your help and i hope you keep an eye on my journal

Thank you MC i had a brain fart and forgot i could just goto my profile and find it..:smokin:

Mexicans growers converting into Deep Water Culture here... I'm hoping! hehe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom