Bagseed Grow - TD Hydro under LED's

ironrider... sounds nice. I had some ph issues, but with frequent testing and adjustment, I was able to keep it under control. Do you find that your're adding ph down as frequently as you were adding lemon juice? I wonder if there is a significant differece between lemon juice and ph down. Personally, I'd much rather use lemon juice than ph down.
How much water is running in your res? My goal is 5 gals/plant. This will make things much more stable.
How's the heat in your grow environment? 70f is my goal. This will avoid the non-anerobic environment. I actually have to put ice containers in my tank to keep the temps down.

cheers

Hi tead lemon does not work,my water is 7.2-7.3 I am growing in coco i would lower the ph to 5.7 using lemon in a few hours it would go back up to 7.2..it was driveing me nuts I am using air in the water. ph down works but I have to reajust it allso .but only a little. I used so much lemon it made my coco smell bad I had to flush over and over aaaaa all is well now I realy wanted to use lemon but one of the pros said the same thing, it will not work well only for a short time.and once you add air it will change faster. it goes right back up. wish I would have know that last month what a pain to learn the hard way My temps go up and down 70 to 85 no problum .this summer I will have to grow plants that can stand the heat. like Santori.white rusisin.ak 47 they like it hot i belive .im new to growing but i have been reading a lot for 5 months I was sure I would get a MJ card I did ,i am with in the law now good luck keep reading a lot of cool people here. later in a about 7 weeks i will post my whole grow im using 21 50 watts leds and 16 cfl 23 watt and i have 3 ufo 90 watts not using every thing yet growing lowryder ak47 and the shity blue streak a fussy plant and have 1 pure gold going well.a free seed I hope it is good smoke I cant seem to find anyone that has grow it..g13 pure gold just started some more seeds ak 47. big bang and killawatt later and good luck IRONRIDER

Here's some tan colored "goo" that's floating in my tank and plugging up my drip lines. I photographed it against the black background of a neut bottle. It kind of resemles baby snot, but it's not as thick, and it's not very slippery (sorry, hope you're not eating!).

Lol! This is too funny! ;-)

Looks like you got your hands full. I would like to do a hydoponic and led grow
so Blaze the trail. Have you grown with other lights? How warm is your room?
Im hooked

Does that pH down powder provide any nutrient value?

Would adding a bit of your flowering nutrients drop your pH (both in and of itself and by replacing the nutrients that were consumed causing the drift in the first place)?

OK... following up and closing....
ledmcbucks... following your grow.
Your babies look great. I have not grown with other lights, tho I've been growing outside since dirt was new.
My grow area is quite warm. I've got a metal rack wrapped in reflective foil. It's sitting in an outside garden shed that has no insulation, so things get quite warm. I actually put containers of ice in my tank now to keep the water cool. I'm considering insulating my tanks to keep the temps normalized.

TorturedSoul.... I don't believe PH down has any impact on the neut numbers. Neuts are actually designed not to impact ph levels (tho I find they generally raise ph), so addressing ph issues with neuts would seem to be a poor option. Has this worked in your config?

Final updates....
I put 2 of the better looking plants into soil. They both seem to be doing fine. One I'm re-vegging, the other I just placed outside in the sun. They both look MUCH better and are recovering from the abuse.
Here's a photo of the one I'm re-vegging.

Picture_00624.jpg

Ice mother is looking good
rsz_picture_005.jpg

Cheers everyone... and thanks for all your help!

Thanks for sharing your grow with us.

I've moved this grow to "completed" per your request

Thanks and hope to see your next round in the near future.

It's an admin process, but all kidding aside, there's a lot of us that get value out of seeing different things tried.

Some work, some don't - there's a huge debate on LED effectiveness and the more data we assemble, the truer the empirical picture. Personally, I'm looking to see tri-band spectrum grows.

Will that be the breakthrough that makes the difference or are LEDs still just not quite up to flowering?

I've gone with the "veg under lights / flow in the sun" configuration. I spent a big chunk of change on setting up an outdoor hydro in a very warm climate.
Lessons learned, and now I'm using the gear in ways that take advantage of their strengths.

I wish I would have done more research and learning before I dove in, I sure would have spent my pennies on HID's instead of LED's. I keep hoping for someone to post a good completed LED grow... at least then I'd have a bit of hope for my LED panels.

Anyway... Cheers, and thanks!

Back
Top Bottom