BassBong New member new grow

Thanks for the interest, I apreciate it. I'm not 100% sure how they are taking to it. There are a couple plants that the bottom leaves have yellowed and got brown spots. I am hoping it is just temporary root damage from the move. There appears to be a little new growth and I have noticed new roots growing.

Is it normal for the ph to rise everyday. Changed the water yesterday as ph was near 7-7.5. I am using fox farms grow big as nutrients 500ppm. I brought the ph back down to 6ish and this afternoon back up to 7+. I exchanged a gallon out of each and brought it back to 6. Is this a normal occurence and will I have to be doing this on a daily basis?

Also too, should I be covering the hydroton with anything as the water is exposed to the light?

Need batteries for the camera. I will post pics in a couple days unless they take turn for worse and need help.

Once they recover I will give them a week or 2 for a little more growth and then start to flower so I know what I am dealing with and take clones.

I'm in soil so not entirely certain but I've read a little. PH needs to be under 6 like 5.5 I believe. Fix that fast. Your rez size is probably small, seen it in other journals cause rising PH. And I would cover anywhere light can get to your solution. I think your nutes are fine if PH is correct but maybe lower would work until PH is corrected. Wait for verification on that from an experienced grower?
If you address the PH quickly you'll probably be fine. Pics of course would help.
Hope this helps.

^^^^^ you may already know all of this or better info, best I can do with what I've read.

edit: hey Bassbong, no takers yet on your PH issue? I wanted to get back to this because I answered in a rush earlier, company showed up just as I started my reply. Kinda reads a little curt or whatever, sorry about that. I can't remember the thread I was in that had a rising PH level, but I'll link it if I find it. I do recall his rez was 5 gallon and he went to 30 or larger. I don't think he had any more plants than you. Good luck finding a fix.

Jumped the gun on the setup and did not have the details and materials laid out ahead of time. Live and learn. Did an emergency hydroectomy and put my poor damaged babies back in soil. I dipped them in some shultz rootingcompound, there was some new roots. I have them under humidity domes and am misting them with just ph adjusted water. I did this yesterday so I have my fingers crossed. I found 4 old bag seeds that I will try to germinate in case of complete disaster. :surrender:

Jumped the gun on the setup and did not have the details and materials laid out ahead of time. Live and learn. Did an emergency hydroectomy and put my poor damaged babies back in soil. I dipped them in some shultz rootingcompound, there was some new roots. I have them under humidity domes and am misting them with just ph adjusted water. I did this yesterday so I have my fingers crossed. I found 4 old bag seeds that I will try to germinate in case of complete disaster. :surrender:

good luck BassBong, your plants may still do fine after they get to settle in.

:welcome:Got a cool new light at Lowes today. Only $39.95 and 65watts of 6500k. Also moved plants to temp new home to utilize new light. This light has UV protected glass...should I remove it or leave it. Temps at plant tops with box fan 80*. Enjoy some pics. 1 week total 4 days in soil.

9pm tonight
100_5295.JPG

Pulled the seed casing off of this one during day 1 seems to still be alive. The headless horseman rides again, lol. And the runt.
100_5296.JPG

Two of the ok seedlings
100_5298.JPG

100_5299.JPG

100_5300.JPG

ONLY $39.95 at Lowes
100_5301.JPG

100_5302.JPG

100_5304.JPG

100_5305.JPG

Light comes with UV filter glass....do I remove this or keep it on?
100_5306.JPG

100_5310.JPG

Need to snip a hole for my 42watt to sit in reflector flat on wire..tomorrow.
100_5311.JPG

100_5312.JPG

Come closer darlings, lol:smokin:
100_5314.JPG

it would have been a lottt easier to start them seedlings in them seperate containers right from the start. then you dont have to do unnecessary transplanting. you can use peat pots the small ones if you cant find cups or throw away cups to fit in your humidity dome. it would make it a ton easier for you, then you only have to transplant once to 5 gallon containers when they are ready :) just trying to help :)

Thats too bad but never heard of anyone sucessfully going from soil to hydro that late...

Anyways it happens I thought I had planned everthing out and still got stuck with my pants down lol... got stiffed by one hydro supplier on my nutes and screwed by the next so my plants went without for a bit.
But we learn right? if we dont learn well were just ignorant then lol.

Best of luck with those though

Welcome AvonD and Gnome. And thanks for the words of encouragement from all. It appears as if all plants are still alive. A few spread and are touching humidity dome and a couple are slow slow growth but looking like they will recover. Pics during weekend.

Still no pics, lol. Can never remember to get that camera battery till back home. 7 of nine are doing well back in soil, 2 died, 1 I thought was almost dead and then started showing some growth. They are still just receiving ph adjusted water. Put the plants under 12/12 this way I know which plants to truly care about and give the most attention. Pics soon..I promise. Will be a crazy working weekend.

Happy Thanksgiving to all.

Still no pics, lol. Can never remember to get that camera battery till back home. 7 of nine are doing well back in soil, 2 died, 1 I thought was almost dead and then started showing some growth. They are still just receiving ph adjusted water. Put the plants under 12/12 this way I know which plants to truly care about and give the most attention. Pics soon..I promise. Will be a crazy working weekend.

Happy Thanksgiving to all.
Hi Bassbong,sorry to hear you lost a couple.

You still have 6? Thats not so bad, could have been worse.

Good luck.

I just stopped in and saw ur transition from soil to hydo Sweet. +reps just for that one. Sorry to hear about ur lil 1's but only the strong survive when you do things like that. Well great start and I'm gonna sit back and watch ur grow. I don't know anything about a hydo system but I'm rooting for ya...

Sorry to hear about the loss but at least you have some strong ones. Good luck and keep up the good work. Great job... + rep

After a crazy successful week at the Jacob Javits Convention center I finally got a chance to look at the plants. Got some crazy stretch going on. Might try to swing some more wattage this weekend. Here are the pics that I have been promising.

100_5450.JPG

100_5451.JPG

100_5452.JPG

100_5453.JPG

100_5454.JPG

100_5455.JPG

100_5456.JPG

100_5458.JPG

100_5460.JPG

100_5461.JPG

100_5462.JPG

100_5463.JPG

:yummy:

Thanks for all your comments.

Hi Bassbong, plants are looking good. here's to no more rough spots.

A supercrop with some support on the main stem of the tallest plant should help fill in some of the gap.

:goodjob:

can't rep again but 5 stars for the journal.

Stretch is not too bad, have seen and done worse for sure. They look nice happy and healthy, Great job, keep it up..

Thanks for your input. I do apreciate it.

Question, I have been in 12/12 now for a couple weeks and I believe I have 3 males. not seeing pistils on three but little ball sacks. I am assuming these are males?

I don't know how much detail these photos will show, hope it helps.

Thanks again.

100_5470.JPG

100_5469.JPG

100_5468.JPG

100_5467.JPG

100_5466.JPG

Is there anything useful that can be done with the males or do I need to thrash them?:rip:

I have been using miracle grow. I have not added nutes as of yet. Can I reuse soil?

Id yank em and quick before they splooge everywhere ...
Hard to tell from pics but second to last pic almost looks hermie looks like pistols on top of plant and balls one node down...
But i can tell really from the pic

Back
Top Bottom