First Time Grower: Hydroponics - Aquamist System

kakole

I recently purchased an Aquamist IV 60 site system. I will run indica variety plants and lollipop the majority of my plants. For this 1st run, I plan on running six different strains to see which plants respond well, offer big yields, and have great flavor. I will be taking clones from my plants at the end of my 1.5 week veg cycle. At the end of this grow, I will cultivate the top 4 strains. For this grow journal the first cycle will only have about 6 plants, and the second grow cycle I will try to max out at 25 plants. I know that the Aquamist can take 60 plants, but I want to have some space to prune and allow for air flow. Secondly, I aim to keep the plants to less than 2 feet and plan to keep them well trimmed. The first run will be a dry rehearsal for my future growing endeavors so please wish me luck.

The strains that I have chosen are as follows:
1. God’s Gift
2. Cookies
3. Tahoe OG
4. Fruitylicious
5. Fucking Incredible
6. Cheese x Candy Kush Hybrid

I might try Plum Crazy Purple. I know that this could be an epic fail since this is my first grow, and there are so many different strains; so if anyone has any input please feel free to correct me.

Hey there kakole, welcome to :420: Definitely good luck with your grow. I will subscribe as I'm a noob too, so maybe I can learn new stuff as well. Question, will you be running a sog or scrog? Why I ask is because you said you're gonna keep the girls under 2 feet, but that you're also going to lollipop them which to me sounds counter productive, especially since you're not going to use all sites. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't lollipopping for clearing under growth so the plant allocates all of it's energy on the tops? Or are you just trying to keep the plant from bushing out and stick to production of a single massive cola per plant?

Thanks Skybound. I want to go SOG with the 2nd grow, for the 1st, I want test out the waters. It is my intention to keep the air ventilation high and the plants manageable. Furthermore, I need to find which strains give me the best results because I want 3 huge colas per plant.

20130907_173409.jpg
20130907_173346.jpg

Here is the 1st look at the girls. The 2 with the huge roots were transplanted to the cloner on Mon, and the smaller ones went in yesterday.

I will be updating the thread later on tonight with several pics. I had some difficulty gaining the strains I want, so next time I will probably grow from seed myself. Anyway, you will see my setup with the new lights, tent, and aqua mist (it finally came in).

The strains that I have:
1. God’s Gift (medium)
2. Girl Scout Cookies (medium)
3. Tahoe OG (medium)
4. Blue Dream (clone)
5. Larry OG (clone)
6. Holy Grail (clone)
7. Trainwreck x OG x Haze (teen)

Well its official, I have spider mites. I will be bombing this weekend and will transplant next week. Anyway, here are the pictures that I promised. I am kicking myself because I was thinking that there was a deficiency with my plants when actually its a bug problem. Also, I believe that the humidity will go up once I add my ladies.
20130913_082137.jpg
20130913_082155.jpg
20130913_082302.jpg
20130913_082310.jpg
20130913_082330.jpg

Im sorry for my lack of posts. I had so many problems with that grow that I totally scrapped it and started over.

List of problems:
1.Root Rot due to excessive reservoir temps.
2. Lockout/Deficiency- Due to different strain requirements. 6 plants was too much for me since I am a beginner.
3. Spider mite infestation
4. Reduced water circulation- Plants were drying out. My plants roots were clogging up the pump.

So I went back to the drawing board and started over.
I started off only choosing 2 plants. I chose Medibud and Blue Dream.
To prevent the pump from clogging I have planted chosen to only have plants on the edges, which leaves the 4 inner slots open and the sprinkler can reach all the plants. Also since I only have 1 patient, I am only allowed 12 plants and this fits my growing parameters great. To keep the temps down during the remainder of summer and rare hot days of fall, I added a coke bottle filled with frozen water. Its cheap and actually works. Now that the weather has cooled down (I'm in the Midwest) I don't have to put the frozen bottle in there. To promote the DWC portion of the Aero/DWC that is aquamist, I have placed 2 air stones in the reservoir. This helps with oxygenating the water and keeping it cooler.

I am using the GH 3 Part Base
I use Cali Magic
For beneficials I use ORCA and Canazyme
For additives I use the GH additive.
I use the GH series because I originally purchased the GH synthetic box set (Im cheap and it works good.)
I only have a 400w( I got it on Amazon for cheap, and since I am only doing so many plants.)
Oh I tried bombing but that didn't work. So, I got this product called ______( I forgot the name, I will add it later)

I just switched over to Flower 11 days ago, and everything looks good so far. I will add some pictures.
20131120_080456.jpg
20131120_080456.jpg
20131120_080456.jpg
20131120_080439.jpg
20131120_080456.jpg

Your plants look good kakole! Ironically I too just crashed a hydro grow and am back at it again. I learned a lot in between. I suggest you subscribe and dig through my mentor's blog. It is a library of directly applicable information to both of our grow styles. Personally I elected to ditch hydro for a while and grow with his Simple Hydroponics style of growing. It essentially is tiny rockwool cubes with a res that top feeds the nutrient solution to either waste or recirculating.

BTW, what is the temp and RH of your tent/room? Also, the PPMs, temps and pH of your res would be helpful in following your progress. Here's a link to The Capn's blog and all of the articles including simple hydroponics, heisenberg tea recipe, 3 tiered aeroponic spray system, nutrient recipes for GH nutes and so so much more.

420 Magazine ® - The Capn's Grow - Blogs

Hope it is helpful, it was for me.

Back
Top Bottom