Beginner grower

Gregh647

420 Member
Hey all! Regular smoker and keen to grow my own. I've got some Pineapple Express seeds ready to be brought into their goodness but was hoping for some advice on my grow kit. Thinking if getting this complete kit from Ebay - worth the investment?

s-l1600.png

Appreciate your advice!

Cheers, will check it out. Budget is £400-£600
How much are they asking for the one in the picture? I can tell you now that light looks super sketchy and I'm not sure you'd need cloning equipment right off the bat. You'd probably want to get the basics of growing down first. Mars Hyrdo sets are a good start for sure, but you'll probably need to order some of the other things separately.

£220 all in on ebay, also looking at Growzilla 4.0 - 4 Plant LED Hydroponics Grow Box which costs £820, but heard good things?

£220 all in on ebay, also looking at Growzilla 4.0 - 4 Plant LED Hydroponics Grow Box which costs £820, but heard good things?
This one? Growzilla 4.0-4 Plant LED Hydroponics Grow Box
Are you wanting to do a hydroponic setup or a medium-based setup?

1664820265238.png

This one? Growzilla 4.0-4 Plant LED Hydroponics Grow Box
Are you wanting to do a hydroponic setup or a medium-based setup?

Yeah mate, that's the one. I'm not so sure yet, think hydro is the way to go, although a little harder I'm told?

Yeah mate, that's the one. I'm not so sure yet, think hydro is the way to go, although a little harder I'm told?
I’m not familiar with hydro at all. Many, many resources here and people that do hydro, though.

For the same price you can get a bigger tent and better light. Check out some of the kits here: Grow Kits(Combo) - Mars Hydro
Also, use 420magazine coupon code for a discount.

Don’t shy away from hydro if that’s the way you want to grow just because people say it’s harder. It’s more then possible to jump into hydro and be successful. Just be aware it’s not for everyone, so do TONS of research beforehand so you know what your getting into. Also I agree with everyone else, your better off purchasing from our sponsors.

Don’t shy away from hydro if that’s the way you want to grow just because people say it’s harder. It’s more then possible to jump into hydro and be successful. Just be aware it’s not for everyone, so do TONS of research beforehand so you know what your getting into. Also I agree with everyone else, your better off purchasing from our sponsors.

I've been plenty of reading, especially from this site. It's great to read others experience and learn. I'm sure as soon as I start I'll be on here every 5 mins! Lols

I've been plenty of reading, especially from this site. It's great to read others experience and learn. I'm sure as soon as I start I'll be on here every 5 mins! Lols
That’s exactly what it takes to be a great grower. Research, research, and more research.... regardless of the method you choose for your grow just go in knowing what you need to do and the rest will follow. Also starting a grow journal is a great way for you to document your grows to look back on and it allows other members to jump in and help you out if need be.

That’s exactly what it takes to be a great grower. Research, research, and more research.... regardless of the method you choose for your grow just go in knowing what you need to do and the rest will follow. Also starting a grow journal is a great way for you to document your grows to look back on and it allows other members to jump in and help you out if need be.

Solid idea, grow journal! Would you recommend a beginners must have of kit??

I have always sourced each part of my grow setup individually to get what I wanted. As I have no experience with these kits I can’t really refer you to any of those, what I can say is that you cannot go wrong with any of our sponsors. Seriously, check them out... I’m a huge fan of BudgetLED but Mars is great too. I recommend you do some research first and finish deciding what’s going to be best for you.. grow style, # of plants and then start deciding which pieces of equipment you will need for your setup.
Edit: check that link that skip just provided you with above, that will be a great resource to you.

I have always sourced each part of my grow setup individually to get what I wanted. As I have no experience with these kits I can’t really refer you to any of those, what I can say is that you cannot go wrong with any of our sponsors. Seriously, check them out... I’m a huge fan of BudgetLED but Mars is great too. I recommend you do some research first and finish deciding what’s going to be best for you.. grow style, # of plants and then start deciding which pieces of equipment you will need for your setup.
Edit: check that link that skip just provided you with above, that will be a great resource to you.
Reading back through these though, man, I will admit some of them are a little dated. Talking about only getting supplies with cash and not buying too many at a time. It was definitely written 10+ years ago. :laughtwo:

@Gregh647 Just know that technology has also come a long way since these resources were written, but this should give you an idea of how to at least start thinking about your setup and what to consider!

Reading back through these though, man, I will admit some of them are a little dated. Talking about only getting supplies with cash and not buying too many at a time. It was definitely written 10+ years ago. :laughtwo:

@Gregh647 Just know that technology has also come a long way since these resources were written, but this should give you an idea of how to at least start thinking about your setup and what to consider!
Most definitely.. reminds me of the personal security thread or something like that. I read it the other day and just thought wow this guys paranoid. Lmao But 10 years ago that was solid information, and those were things you really had to think about when purchasing. Lol maybe it’s time for someone to do an updated write up on that one. :hmmmm: If you have anymore questions @Gregh647 don’t hesitate to ask, that’s what we’re here for.

Back
Top Bottom