Beginners Guide to Hydroponics

Re: Beginners Guide to Hydroponics 1

best to let them get a few inches of roots.
then put in air baskets & hold upright till U can trickle in enough H-pellets that its supported & free standing.
I often root i n potting soil & warm water wash off the soil mix to bare rootlets & then transfer to air baskets.

then, real weak fertlizer.DO NOT believe the mauufactures recommended amounts. they are universally too strong.
once they perk up & get roots outa baskets, give it to em!!
watch the leaf tips for "rams head curl or brown burnt. do a flush ASAP & reduce the nitrogen levels.
oh! they WILL DEFF NEED CalMag everyso often. watch for purple stems & dose the calmag a shot.
Luck,
Slag

thanks for the info!, my next grow will be hydro so yeah... I sure hope everything goes as planned,for some reason, hydro looks really hard for me hah! idk, maybe I'm just paranoid, anyway, this helped me ease my worries, thanks!

Im going to start a hydro grow in my grow tent soon,what sort of temp should my temperature be and do i still keep to a light cycle ( im 18/6 with my soil grow....Brilliant thread,hope its still alive

Im going to start a hydro grow in my grow tent soon,what sort of temp should my temperature be and do i still keep to a light cycle ( im 18/6 with my soil grow....Brilliant thread,hope its still alive

18/6 for photo period plants in veg, 12/12 in bloom....exactly the same in a hydro set up. Unless you are growing automatics, then any light cycle you want for its entire life.

Temps are the same as a soil grow as far as the plant is concerned, but the nutrient solution needs to be below 70°F. I have a hard time keeping mine that low, so I use beneficial bacteria to help avoid rot root. Many products will accomplish that, a few are....Hydroguard, Sensizym, z7. Good luck, and feel free to stop by my journal and ask for additional help if you need. :)

65 degrees is a good target temperature and doable with planning utilizing or buying some equipment
The lower temp holds more o2 and prevents rot from starting , the plants really like it.

I got the tip from some commercial rdwc growers with a few hundred 2 lb plants

RDWC is much easier to control the temp with as you cycle threw the main temperature controlled tank

Weekly Rez changes and top off with cold water and u won't have any issues with water them my 5 gall bucket stays around 65* but I also use great white root hormones

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Can we talk general hydroponics nutrients what's your mix ratio and How do u use it and what additives I'm thinking of changing my ratio
3ecf156466c076c96878d68d8fffc1d8.jpg
any ideas

Not many people use GH due to its ties to Monsanto

But for DWC most nutrients are used at half strength of regular hydroponics

Some with dwc use quarter strength , it seems low for me but most hydro works on 1/2 strength so some dwc people cut it in half again and feed in 1/4 portions.

I am using 65-70% recommended which is on the hot side , although not of GH mix rates are similar

With stronger nutes you need stronger closer light power or it will not do as well or even do worse then with a lighter mix

I had no idea about there ties with Monsanto wtf that really makes me upset but I've also started at 1/4 strength of rec dosage and work my way up to 3/4 then I started to use that chart I posted at the strength they recommend I really just wanna know if I'm getting all I can out of my setup. My plant looks and smells amazing no diff of any sort I'm in las 3 weeks of bud maybe 4 I guess we will c no Amber tri comb yet but all r milky and look like mushrooms and I'd say about 45-50% pistils r a deep orange in color I have 500w mars led a 500w bad boy t5 and a 50w grow and show light

I have two of their products so don't feel to bad shit happens when money is tight its tight , In the end we the consumer could see lower prices across the board as companies compete with GH lower prices. It is what it is buyer beware

With dosing a slow increase of 1ml to .5ml gal per week would allow a smooth transition up the strength chain , 2ml a gal jump could cause leaf burn plants in dwc are as you know more sensitive

for regular hydroponics full strength Remos calls for 5ml per gal to start increasing to 7ml and finally 8ml per gal with the last week suggested as a flush week 0 ml per gal.

The 3.25ml gal I am using now seems plenty strong its like leaf tip burn strong , to the limit baby thats my approach.

I should mention that i heard from Remos mouth to use his Nutrients at 65% strength for DWC , he visits with a lot of commercial DWC growers who are using his products

I paid 150$ for there master kit so I really dident go the cheap way I really researched all my options well at least I thought so over all I'm in $300 American dollars for all my nutes Calmag ph up/down root hormones hydrotin and all the other shit. I was thinking about all that ph perfect stuff by advanced nute but as I Sean all there products it was over hard to decide what does what and really what do I need then general hyd hade that master kit I was like bam that's it now I'm ☹️we don't like gmo shit especially if I have the power to not use it.

I bought some GH Cool bloom because it was cheap and works and some GH PH down because well it was cheapest , in practice its turning out to be a poor product. I am needed to re- apply it often after reading online others are finding the same thing.

I paid $120 for the gallon starter kit of Remos 4L each of the M , B , G. I'm thinking it will last me years ? who knows . using it at 3.25ml a gallon.

I only do one or two grows a year maybe more now that its being legalized.

Hello
Have read many helpful post before on this forum, but now I'm in little trouble so need to describe it :)

I'm using hydroponics propagator for germination phase, exactly same as on the picture below
PjHkvK4.jpg

But before I will put plants there they will be in Peat pebbles/Rapid Rooters like on the picture below
uwudp16.jpg

After successful germination I will put them in the Propagator, each plant separately in a pot with special bucket with clay pebbles for easier transportation to their destination, which is DWC system ( Deep Water Culture )

Now my questions, how do I set frequency of Propagators work? I want to set in 15 minutes every 4 hours, but how do I set it? I'm asking how to set it because there is no device included that I can use to set it... or maybe sth is wrong? Or I have to by external clocking device that will turn on the included pump every 4 hours on 15 minutes?
Do I need air pump in Propagator? It will definitely help yes?

Regarding Propagator, or maybe I will just pour water to it and it will just work by it self?
Propagators tank volume is 185 liter
Pls help :)

To those have having PH problems don't fuk with it so much

I'm not real fussy with the ph but I learned to check it everyday some days it nose dives under 5 PH on its own out of the blue. Rarely it climbs. Pays to check it daily though.

I leave it alone if its between PH 6.3 to 5.5

Hi, Im new to hydroponics and im wondering what your recommendations are for a setup for 2plants that later can be upgraded to 3 plants in a scrog with appox. 80cm/32Inch between the pots? I need a system that when up and running wont need to be checked more than every 3-4 days with the possibility of having it run itself for 7 days without too much risk.

Hi guys, I've got a 6 pot Alien set up which I'm almost ready to start my first grow. My question is, I've got 6 x 27 litre pots and a 100 litre reservoir tank, that's a total of 262 litres so when I come to mix up my nutrients do I work on the total amount of water I've got in (262l) for example if one of my nutes states 10ml per 10 litre then I would need 260ml.... is this correct...... bet ya can tell I'm new to this .

Volume=PI x r x r x height

measure water height and radius if you have the round alien , the square is easier .

you'll get the exact volume of water , 1mc =1000L , mix nutes for 1/3 volume at first , measure EC after it's all mixed good , add more nutes to get to the right EC .it's easy

some nutes may have a mixing order , don't know what you use, research that a bit .
if you have A+B never mix the 2 together , poor A in the res , wait till dispersed then add B

Back
Top Bottom