Beginning of veg cycle problems

What I also notice is that I'm getting a lot of growth near all my nodes . I'm not sure if it's genetics or how far my lights are . I've tried to read up on the strain (blueberry) a lot but there isn't any solid info on it nor any reference pictures ( or any that I can use as an honest reference )

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

420-magazine-mobile641563182.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1711549615.jpg

Well I think I needed to add nutrients maybe a week earlier but it didn't make sense to me because they came above soil on December 7th . Basically about a 2 week old plant so I wasn't even thinking about adding nutes to a soil that's widely Known as a little hot especially for seedlings and younger plants . But thanks ! What do you think the compactness means ? Have any experiences with blueberry ?

Calmag you can wait til you see leaves start to lighten but i usually start after 2 to 3 weeks. Non of the ff nutes has it and the ffof only has oyster shell for calcium i think. I use 1 tsp gal calmag and foliar and 1/4 strength nutes for foliar.

I start 1/4 strength nute and 1 tsp calmag for feed too around week 2 to 3 and raise the nutes quarter at a time til i get to full strength or i start to see signs of nute burn.

Sent from my SM-G935P using 420 Magazine Mobile App

That's what I'm hoping and I raised them a little . Someone also said use the rice hulls as a mulch to soak up the light and keep the soil moist longer ? How does that sound ?

I typically like my soil to dry out, i would rather water more often then have my soil stay wet too long and get root rot. Guess it depends on how fast the soil is drying on your though and how often you can check on them.

At that size if you are wanting to stay organic I would be adding a dime of unsulphered molasses every other watering. At that size I start introducing kelp and bat guano (9-3-0) in a tea form. Then rotate the molasses and tea they are the size I want. You can also top dress if teas are out.

Sent from my iPad using 420 Magazine Mobile App

At that size if you are wanting to stay organic I would be adding a dime of unsulphered molasses every other watering. At that size I start introducing kelp and bat guano (9-3-0) in a tea form. Then rotate the molasses and tea they are the size I want. You can also top dress if teas are out.

Been looking at going this route. For the tea do you add the guanno and ewc or whatever and then let it sit with an airstone for a day, or is there more to it?

Thank you for your help and answers !! I will keep updating as I will always have questions

Sorry oregonash just noticed you replied . I do have Mexican bat guano as well as kelp meal . However , I have been scared to top dress or incorporate in any type of way due to possibility of burning . Especially since I just introduced nutrients this week . Do you think it's safe to top dress in conjunction with the nutrients or no ? And if so , how much . @Demon it's in an air bag about 3-4 gallons

And I should state the go box is organic based . I don't consider it to be a full organic grow . although that's eventually how I plan to grow in the future . That's one reason this is an experiment for me . I didn't want to go from miracle grow soil to organic growing without going this route .

Begging of veg cycle problems

For me I like to use a product called recharge. It is a powdered version of live bacteria and helps your root zone greatly. Make sure your soil is a good ph. Ocean forest comes from 6.1 to 6.8 so I add Humic acid and some lime just to stay stable. On the tea front do 1 tsp of recharge to 2table spoons of guano and 1 of blood meal, add your kelp if liquid do its application rate, add molasses to speed up the culture then I bubble stone it overnight. Teas are great. I did see you let your soil go dry, be carful on that you want to be moist alittle. Airpots will tend to drip through the sides so water slow to prevent dry pockets.

Also guys I realized I may be using the wrong lighting . Actually let me rephrase , I need to be using some different lights . I am currently using 4 blue spectrum daylight cfls when I think I should be using 2 and 2 daylight and soft white . I believe the growth looks good , but if I'm correct, this suttle light change will add some space between my nodes . Haven't gotten those yet and will pick up later today . All together I have 4 lights should I do 2 and 2 or 3 blue 1 red ?

Update
420-magazine-mobile1240788713.jpg
420-magazine-mobile575814016.jpg

Looking pretty good IMO . Will be making a trip to get 2700k lights tmrw to have in conjunction with my 6400k lights . And to save a trip from getting them in the next month . any comments or advice is very welcome

Looking good. Have you thought about adding unsulphered molasses to your water. About a dime per gallon of water. I do it every other watering opposite my nutrient watering. It adds a lot of trace minerals. But this is just a suggestion and something I like to do your looking good.

I have since you said it last time ! Definitely a great idea , Just haven't had a chance to get to the grow store . By dime , what do you mean ? Teaspoon ? Thanks for all your help too

Back
Top Bottom