Beginning of veg cycle problems

Make sure you give them adequate time to heal after making cuts... defoliation and topping stress the plant a bit. You don't want to flip to 12/12 after cutting because that's less daylight to heal the plant. Allow them a week or two, dependant on how they're looking then flip! Just some advice!

Oh yeah definitely waiting . I told myself I wanted to begin flowering around the beginning of February because it popped the beginning of December . I pruned and then fimmed 2 days ago so I am accepting to the fact that I might have to wait a little later to switch if I want good yields . Question should I wait until it heals from the fimming to defoliate more or can I do it now ?

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

She does look great tho you can get great meds from her and blueberry is a great strain. And can yield high if done properly. I like to top and tie her at a angle so light hits lateral branches. Happy growing and one day soon you can get girls that are big like this.
420-magazine-mobile786807037.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1431692140.jpg
420-magazine-mobile388200769.jpg
just remember the best nute you can give her is PATIENCE!!

my new dwc Afghan Kush run and flowering mothers

...... they look amazing . I do want to grow that big , but where I'm currently located that just isn't happening lol . This grow is an experiment for when I actually do want to grow on a larger scale . When i do I don't want to be asking the questions and have the problems I have now . I want to GROW lol. Obviously I will run into problems sometimes but I want to have better overall knowledge before I begin trying to grow behemoths like pictured above lol.

Oh yeah definitely waiting . I told myself I wanted to begin flowering around the beginning of February because it popped the beginning of December . I pruned and then fimmed 2 days ago so I am accepting to the fact that I might have to wait a little later to switch if I want good yields . Question should I wait until it heals from the fimming to defoliate more or can I do it now ?

That comes down to opinion... too much to any plant can stop it's growth. If you snipped a top off though I would give it some time. Let it form some branches and grow out for you! My next journal update may have some defoliation examples for you... I think I'm doing all 3 plants once more after one more round of LST.

I think I've mentioned it to you elsewhere but take a look at one of my bagseeds. I cut it down to the main stem with very little side growth left... it turned into a recovered bonsai bush in just over a week. Some strains are more resilient to tampering than others...

Edit: appears I can't link my journal to you, if you were on a PC it would be in my signature. You should have it PMed though

This is her currently .
55f85a79d8e2b441684ae10dcdb303b3.jpg
d7e0e1ab2dffbaeb2abf2a28ca1f876e.jpg
f792b0fbd0c7119a04ccb9a4021053b7.jpg

In my opinion , what the plant is lacking in height , she makes up for growth wise . I'm not sure if it's the strain , the type ( indica ) or what . But I feel like I have a lot of undergrowth . What do you guys think

And how long do you say I should see improvement from the fimming . I guess that's a general word , I mean lead structures actually forming . Would you know of an estimated time period ?

Also , do you think a month more of veg would be good enough to switch to flower again keeping in mind I'm not focusing on the yields more so that the quality of it. I obviously want to yield as much as I can but at the same time minimizing the amount of time i keep it in veg . Looking to get at least an ounce . Anything more I will be happy .

Yield can come down to the life of the plant, how it grew, did it struggle... strain... environment. Too many factors to ever throw an estimate out there. As nivek posted on my journal members here got an ounce from a plant in grown in a solo cup. And do you mean a month after cutting, training etc? That's plenty. Are you in your final container size though? I like to give them atleast 2 weeks in a new container before switching light cycle

I've contemplated on if it will be my final pot size . It's about 3 gallons , and I question that because of people like your friend that have grown in a solo cup . So I figure why not ?

Didn't mean to finish that reply . also a month from the date I fimmed ? Because it takes 55 days to flower , I don't want to cut that period short . I figure if there is a period I can cut short , veg period can be the one that I can . I want to have buds curing by middle of march . If not , WORST CASE SCENARIO smokable buds by 420. To do this , hypothetically, I would need to harvest latest around the end of march . Again , hypothetically meaning I can only veg up until the end of February . That's longest case scenario but realistically I want to have some before then . Too confusing ?

When I say cut short , I also mean in consideration that I want to grow for as little as a can to gather around an ounce at least

My last grow was left entirely undocumented, due to the need for discretion. I flowered 3 plants under one 250w CFL, with 9 27w CFLs offering side lighting. They spent their life solo cup to 3 gallon smart pots. For 493w of CFL I net just under 3.5 ounces. They were mainlined.. no bottom bud sites were left a few days into preflower. Kept them clean on the bottoms. Idk if that gives you an idea... factors that could have led to better results.

I was being cheap, I knew I could basically throw whatever at it and it would grow... it is a weed. So used whatever nutes I had leftover before I moved, Neptune's seaweed, foxfarms tiger bloom and general organics grow. Threw it in some black gold potting mix. Didn't realize there were time release ferts in it until a month in. Blah blah
I won't get too into it, but after a lot of abuse I still got an ounce a plant... I was very happy.

Maybe that'll give you an idea... 3 gallons CAN be plenty. But more is almost always better.

Because it takes 55 days to flower , I don't want to cut that period short .

Those numbers they list are a rough guess basically, depending on what kind of high you want they are usually on the low side and typically take longer (so many variables it can be all over the place). As yeah after all the time you put into it you don't want to harvest it before it's time if you can help it.

My last grow was left entirely undocumented, due to the need for discretion. I flowered 3 plants under one 250w CFL, with 9 27w CFLs offering side lighting. They spent their life solo cup to 3 gallon smart pots. For 493w of CFL I net just under 3.5 ounces. They were mainlined.. no bottom bud sites were left a few days into preflower. Kept them clean on the bottoms. Idk if that gives you an idea... factors that could have led to better results.

I was being cheap, I knew I could basically throw whatever at it and it would grow... it is a weed. So used whatever nutes I had leftover before I moved, Neptune's seaweed, foxfarms tiger bloom and general organics grow. Threw it in some black gold potting mix. Didn't realize there were time release ferts in it until a month in. Blah blah
I won't get too into it, but after a lot of abuse I still got an ounce a plant... I was very happy.

Maybe that'll give you an idea... 3 gallons CAN be plenty. But more is almost always better.

So are you suggesting mainlining ? Lol
And I would be more than happy with an ounce

Those numbers they list are a rough guess basically, depending on what kind of high you want they are usually on the low side and typically take longer (so many variables it can be all over the place). As yeah after all the time you put into it you don't want to harvest it before it's time if you can help it.

So you think I will be flowering for longer ? .

So you think I will be flowering for longer ? .

Just saying it does happen, quite a bit from what I have read. So if you trying to have a cut off date you might give yourself some cushion ;)....as you want to grow it to it's full potential and not chop it early....at least for me I had to keep telling myself "must resist harvesting, give them a few more days" pretty much 3 weeks from harvest over and over again :rofl::rofl:

Well I hope to switch as soon as I get a good amount of growth from the after fim . Hopefully in the next 3-4 weeks .

This is her now . I just trimmed her to get those other bud sites some light . Does anyone think I did too much ?

5a25427aa8821d6d2a096ef7d0af366f.jpg

In my opinion for about a month and a half old I think she looks pretty good

Any advice or opinions are much appreciated

This is her now . I just trimmed her to get those other bud sites some light . Does anyone think I did too much ?

5a25427aa8821d6d2a096ef7d0af366f.jpg

In my opinion for about a month and a half old I think she looks pretty good

Any advice or opinions are much appreciated

There's still plenty of leaves on there, sometimes I make my plants look skeletal. What you did was very mild lookin. She looks healthy!

Hey guys , here are update pictures on my girl . A few things : she is almost done recovering from the fimming and it looks like I will get 3-4 colas for the results . The undergrowth looks good . I plan to switch to flower in a week. The new leaves from the fimming will have a chance to grow in and I think the plant is an okay size considering the purpose for the grow. I'm looking for any suggestions before and as I go into flower. I am going to continue my veg nutes for a week or 2 into the flowering phase to keep some green . Will be using 3 27k lights and 1 65k light . Any advice is appreciate a lot .
420-magazine-mobile1496074122.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1251130702.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1728271479.jpg
420-magazine-mobile469500075.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1848900358.jpg

Back
Top Bottom