Possible nutrient deficiency ?

KelpDreads

Hi guys ,

This is my second time growing . This time I planned to go with nutrients as opposed to using miracle grow. Up until now everything has went smooth in terms of germination and the seedling stage. My bottom leaves , however , are beginning to turn yellow . And although it looks okay I don't think it's growing as fast as it can .Initially I believed it was a nitrogen deficiency but then I realized a lot of the deficiencies look the same . I planned on using the general organics grow box since I only have space for one plant and can't grow on a larger scale and I should have more than enough to last me even after this grow. I'm growing in fox farms ocean forest soil and have added no nutrients thus far . I haven't ordered the nutrients either and that's because I've read around that the nutrients from the fox farm soil should last me at least a 3-4 weeks and the seedling broke the surface on December 7th . I am using 4 23 watt cfls as well if that helps in any way . Currently on an 18/6 light schedule and sorry if the post is choppy I just want to throw in all the info I can. Another side note , I also have bat guano(Mexican) and access to make a tea . Can I use that as a placeholder until I get the nutrients if it is infact a nitrogen deficiency ?

I did so much research before I started growing but I am a newb and still consider myself as such until I feel comfortable taking on these problems by myself .

420-magazine-mobile1314945548.jpg
420-magazine-mobile2051112060.jpg
420-magazine-mobile823120588.jpg
420-magazine-mobile104609886.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Hey kelpdreads, so other than the yellowing starting at the bottom we should look at something else. So, see the set of leaves second from the bottom? That leaf twist occurs when there are ph problems, what method are you using for checking PH? PH what goes in and check the PH of what comes out, runoff. Your next watering, when things are nice and dry, put enough water through to have about 20% runoff the bottom. Going just a bit too high or a bit too low causes lockouts... I'm using the GO line as well, but that soil comes pretty hot. I wouldn't worry about feeding for awhile. Especially if you didn't cut the soil at all... perlite, verm, etc

Hey fuzzy , it did , I'm having minor problems as of now , but things seem to be looking up ! Look at my other thread and I will e updating and giving more info on how it is !!

It's titled "begging of veg cycle problems" too lazy to put beginning I guess I don't remember . lol

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Back
Top Bottom