Beginning To Understand Her

Thanks Captain. I recently ( a week ago) spent the weekend (4 days)at a friends house ,sitting.
When I left my house, watering my girls was easy, with plenty of room to maneuver. Upon my return my girls had turned into monsters, now when I water i have to crouch down and crawl back to Lucy. Next year ,Zardoz willing, I am going to install a watering system. Watering the whole yard from one location would make caring for my girls a little easier.
I have been finding cocoons ( Folded leaf type) with a green caterpillar (for lack of a better name). I have removed them from my girls. There is some top damage from them eating, but nothing major. Some minor issues with mold has altered my watering. I was giving them a shower as well as ground watering. Now just ground watering , anything i spray on them will be organic foliar feed and neem oil as needed. Micro nutes as needed as well. They are getting big enough to make me nervous. I would be happy if they would stop growing up and up, ...lol. I never thought I would say my plant is too big. I am around 6' or more my girls tower over me.:yahoo:

Great read about everyones grows. Im in my first grow from mi I have 4 pineapple ex and one purple trainwreak og kush and blueberry there 7 wk in veg I've roped the heck out of the pineapple and purple train there only 18 inch tall and 17 incus wide the avg between 15 to 18 tops the other I left only top only so they have about tops but there 29 incus tall which is going to produces more? Im using 2 600 watt hps going to flip to 12/12 Sunday any one know which will produce more? Thanks

Great read about everyones grows. Im in my first grow from mi I have 4 pineapple ex and one purple trainwreak og kush and blueberry there 7 wk in veg I've roped the heck out of the pineapple and purple train there only 18 inch tall and 17 incus wide the avg between 15 to 18 tops the other I left only top only so they have about tops but there 29 incus tall which is going to produces more? Im using 2 600 watt hps going to flip to 12/12 Sunday any one know which will produce more? Thanks

I have no clue about the math required for an answer.:hmmmm:

Possibly due to the brownies I just made. I tried the olive oil/ water/ freezer method. I processed the leaves I had on hand from my last trimming from Lucy, Super Lemon Haze and Kush. About 6 0z worth of leaf, enough water to cover the leaf, 2 cups olive oil ( I only use organic non-gmo), simmered from 1 hour 30 min. Strained into big bowl. Put it in the freezer. This morning it was ready, removed the semi frozen oil on top . About 1 3/4 cups of Cannabis infused olive oil. Just used 1/2 cup to make a batch of brownies, ate one about 10 minutes ago and I am feeling it creep up on me now.
This definitely takes the antsyness factor down. I am beginning to calm down. I think I can make it to harvest.....ohhhh yeah:smokin:

Hey Y'all, Smoke2Js here. I was just chillin and thinking about how my stress levels concerning my 2nd grow are lower than my first. My 1st grow was done in my closet under controlled conditions, which I fretted over constantly. Now into my second attempt, I am not so worried about what I can't change. The plant will do what it will do. I just need to feed them and love them and they will grow big and strong, i hope. if not,:tokin: hopefully i learn from it.

My question to Y'all is , has any one else felt more relaxed as they got more grow experience, and does the excitement of watching her grow ever wear off?

God I hope so, I'm in my first grow and its starting to affect my every day mood. I'm so worried I'm constantly FNg things up and just killing these girls and wasting time :(

If it wasn't for all the great support I probably would have trashed my setup in my first week =X

God I hope so, I'm in my first grow and its starting to affect my every day mood. I'm so worried I'm constantly FNg things up and just killing these girls and wasting time :(

If it wasn't for all the great support I probably would have trashed my setup in my first week =X

I know how you feel, The excitement of growing your own, mixed with the stress of wanting to get it right. You can read all kinds of books on how to ride a bike. Only one way to do it. Get a bike, Try, fail, keep trying.
I am content to know that all my grows will be different, all will have problems, some methods won't work,and some will be what I tried to do.
When the stress gets to you, remember its a learn as you grow experience.
And there is usually some one on this forum with an answer to ( and if not that an opinion of) your grow issues.
Thanks for dropping by, Good luck with the grow cab, it looks nice.:smokin:

The girls are looking great. They will produce a lot being outdoor! Never seen the Super Lemon Haze grown outdoor before, so this will be interesting to see!

Thanks Twelve12, The have gotten bigger than anticipated. I think the roots have gotten down to the ground water. I have not watered for a week, no micro nutes needed and.... All my plants have begun to flower....:yahoo:

Little buds have begun to form. I need to trim my girls, they have gotten fat, too fat, damn never thought I would say that my problem is my plants are too big. not trying to brag , just dumbfounded and amazed by Mother Nature, she is beautiful.
I know there is the opinion of not trimming, but I am fighting mold outside, so less shade, less mold. I continue to find little green "catapillas" (thats how my gran use to say it)that have woven a cocoon out of leaves and silk (two today). Removed of course.
My squash is doing well, sunflowers tower overhead seeking the suns warm rays, Hummingbirds buzz chirp and sing (yes, sing) all around my garden. My roommates and I watch and listen to them every day. Little shrill calls. Life is good.:smokin:

I love super cropping. Doing that outdoor is going to be rewarding along with any topping/FIM/LST the plant has. Have you try outdoor ScrOG? With that the plant has to be out and on the ground early for long veg time for ScrOG to work effectively. Then when it's time to bloom it'll become a "Bud Bed" heh.

Sgrog is kind of the idea i have for next year, They will be in boxes and grow side ways out of them. The branches will be tied down lst like as well as the trunk. The boxes will be open on the bottom to allow the roots to tap into the awesome soil, and a removable planter on top to allow for watering. Each box will be about 4'x4'. with a hole for the plant to grow (on the side of course.)
:)

Iowagirl127 here-
Know exactly where your comming from, 2 weeks into flowering on 2nd grow here. 1st grow I hoovered over the girl's 2-3 times a day, this time just once a day and just general inspection at that. Tried to change up a couple of things like light placement, prunning and humidity control.
!st try resulted in nice AK-47, 1.8oz dried bud, not so well on sensi star- disapointing only reached 26", 22gram dry harvest.
Working with Strawberry Desiel this time.
Good luck with your 2nd time around- it will be what it will be.

Iowagirl127 here-
Know exactly where your comming from, 2 weeks into flowering on 2nd grow here. 1st grow I hoovered over the girl's 2-3 times a day, this time just once a day and just general inspection at that. Tried to change up a couple of things like light placement, prunning and humidity control.
!st try resulted in nice AK-47, 1.8oz dried bud, not so well on sensi star- disapointing only reached 26", 22gram dry harvest.
Working with Strawberry Desiel this time.
Good luck with your 2nd time around- it will be what it will be.

Thanks for dropping by iowagirl127, I feel like I have learned a lot from my 1st grow, but I have so much to learn. I have to say I am less stressed over what the plant is going to do, and more on when.
2 marshmallows, there was a study done in which children were isolated, and presented with 1 marshmallow. The child was told you can have one more if you wait 10 minutes and don't eat this one. It was a study on the idea of an investment growing over time, 2 marshmallows. Damn its hard to wait. But I know I am going to have 2 Marshmallows, at least.

Going to have my wisdom teeth pulled Monday. I decided to get a couple of shots while I could still move.
IMG_005510.JPG
IMG_005412.JPG
IMG_005215.JPG
IMG_004918.JPG
IMG_004710.JPG
IMG_004516.JPG
IMG_004214.JPG
IMG_004111.JPG

:smokin:

Woah, the first couple shots of the underside shots looks as if I'm under the ocean of leaves, under it's waves. Awesome shots. They're working on the base to have very tall towers.

8' tall towers.:smokin: I had to remove some of the pole bean growth. The mold has disappeared for now. 1 day of treatment to go and it should be gone. I also had to top Lucy, the mold had encircled the entire stalk and strangled the top. I used the good portions of the top and made some more cannabis infused olive oil. time to make brownies.:bong:The Super Lemon Haze is doing well, all mold has been eradicated. My Indica(s) is doing really well, and has put out little buds the size of a thimble. I am not sure if I want to use nutes at this stage. I have not had to add any micro nutes in a while. I think I will just kick back for a few and watch her grow.:smokin:

The mold occurs at sites of vegetative decay when the humidity is really high. If it makes it all the way around the stalk the part after that dies. I noticed it had started where I had trimmed leaves and left the stem of the leaf on the branch. Most of these sites were side branch bases. The leaf stem dies and the mold starts. It is gray, scale like, scales fall like snow onto other parts of plant and spreads. On the days of massive mold growth we had unusual weather esp humidity, like 60-80% with out rain fail. I used a product one of my roomies had left over from his indoor growing days. It kills all kinds of molds and bugs and is natural. Don't remember the name right now. I'll post that later today (eve). it worked well enough to stop the spread, but the damage was done. I lost the top of Lucy and a big branch of SLH.The mold attacked all my plants except the mendo in a pot and the blue dream clones ( the blues are in the same area as the affected planted, just resistant.). The potted Mendo and the blue dream clones had a less aggressive trimming schedule. I think this contributed to their lack of mold to date. Also my roomies were watering with a mist...arrrrgh, this made matters worse. So pic of mold will be coming tonight as well.
But I am not pissed. My girls are huge. I am happy that I was able to save them.:tokin:

Recently I had a friend visit. When I greeted him upon his arrival, he said he was feeling down and tired. I knew just the thing to bring his mood up. I showed him my garden. He showed outward signs of relaxation, joy(he smiled a lot) and said just standing among the ladies brought his mood and energy up. I explained it's because he has an energetic relationship with this plant. His body and mind know the goodness of her , I said anytime you fell down, just give me a call and we can spend some time looking at some beautiful ladies. We then spent a few hours writing music, me on guitar and him singing, it was magic.

Back
Top Bottom