Best strain for my medical condition

Alright gaz.
Congrats popping them beans and getting it all started.
I know how bad the street weed can be in the UK and expensive, so it's the best way to go to get decent meds.

You've got some nice auto strains there...Are you going to do a diary?
I've got some fastbud genetics going at the moment over in the auto section of the magazine. Come over and take a look if you want.
If you've got any questions I'll help you out buddie, or point you to the right person.
Good luck.
Oh and I hope mufc do Liverpool later tonight as Well. :thumb:
Hey thanks for taking the time to reply. We not to far away. I live in Ireland, and yeah street weed is hit or miss, but either way it's still expensive af. Ya planning to do a diary, just waiting till they get a little bigger. The fastbuds were a little slow to start, but they were really good. I reached out to them and they actually resent my order 👍

My first run was a disaster I want to forget quickly, but I'm not forgetting the mistakes I made. Defo doing alott of things differently this time around. I'm actually using a UK based company for my soil mix. "Nature's living soil" is the name of them. Should check them out, have great range of organic amendments. Recently they started doing premixed soil option. Only water and top dressing needed. I decided to try and make this grow a bit easier for myself this time by choosing autos and a premixed soil.

Hopefully I've made the right choice. Some have warned me auots can be tricky as well. Done plenty of reading up and watching videos etc. Hopefully I can get through this run without any issues.
Yeah il defo check out ur grow mate, gonna look for it now.. 👍

Hey @gazmufc, sorry to hear about what you're going through. I think cannabis can help... you just need to dial in the right plants to grow, the right combinations of THC & CBD, indica vs. sativa, and DOSE... dose is hugely important.

How's life in Ireland? My great grandmother was born in Dublin, and my grandmother (mum) was from Wigan, England. Mum turned me on to Guinness Stout... my favorite beer 🍻

This is all right up my alley... I grow both THC and CBD plants, both indica and sativa, and carefully experiment with blending the buds in my grinder, and vaping. Since I've been growing CBD plants, I don't buy CBD oil anymore... I just vape the buds.

I recommend a strong indica-dominant THC bud, coupled with a CBD bud. The CBD will tone down the psychoactive effects of the THC, allowing you to dose up more on both. In turn, the THC will "turn up the volume" on CBD's therapeutic effects (pain relief, anti-inflammatory, etc). You can try whatever ratio of THC bud to CBD bud that works for you. I like a 50:50. Some people who are sensitive to THC use a lot less. My experience with this blend is an amazing, healing body high. It feels like an internal energy-body massage... like energy channels in your body are being opened up, re-wired, filled with light. It's the perfect thing to accompany doing some stretching, getting body massage, yoga, etc. My experience is that pain becomes a sensation to be explored and worked with... and released. (I'm not in a lot of pain, but I do get aches and pains, mostly in my neck muscles.)

The above mix will likely be experienced as sedative, so best not done when you need to be active and alert. If you use a sativa-dominant THC bud, or a hybrid 50:50 indica/sativa bud, you'll have a more energized feeling. I've experimented with a sativa-dominant THC bud mixed with a CBD bud, and found this mix to be the most intense in terms of amplifying the effects of the CBD. It's like CBD plugged into an electric outlet. ⚡

Lastly, I also grow a CBG plant... it's around 14% CBG and has little to no CBD or THC. She's a very unique plant! The great news is that CBG has very good pain relieving potential... I am still experimenting with it, and have been very impressed.

If you'd like tips on particular varieties, I'm happy to answer.

take care & happy growing! ☘️
Hey thank you very much for the in depth analysis. Only getting back to replying to you now.
Life in Ireland is good mate, we went a bit over board with covid restrictions and that which pissed me off a bit. But other than that can't complain. Yeah gunniess is real nice! The wee pub down the Rd from me had the nicest in town 😂

gosh I didn't even realise u cud get a CBG plant. Its deof somethung I want to explore.

What strain of CBG would u recommend? Many have suggested the indica based oils to start of with, and another guy has suggested Jack Harrer is great for nerve inflammation. U make a great point about pain needing to be explored. This is something that I've been doing since my injury.

I ditched the meds that weren't working and only now take the ones that do work, and only when I really need them. I don't mind a little discomfort. Getting back to Indica stains.
It was suggested that any of the kush stains are great for this. I was looking at blackberry kush for my next grow. Lol when I say my next grow, uve barely got this grow up and running yet lol.

What strain of CBG would u recommend?
What I have is some obscure stuff from Colorado, about 14% CBG. I'll let you know if I find a solid-looking source for CBG seeds.

Many have suggested the indica based oils to start of with, and another guy has suggested Jack Harrer is great for nerve inflammation. U make a great point about pain needing to be explored. This is something that I've been doing since my injury.
Do you mean indica-dominant buds, or do you intend to make oil or extract?

It was suggested that any of the kush stains are great for this. I was looking at blackberry kush for my next grow.
I've grown both Purple Kush and Cookies Kush (Girl Scout Cookies x OG Kush). The Cookies Kush did better in my outdoor environment, so that's the one I have continued to grow, and I like its effects. I would like to grow a more potent kush, for example: Godfather OG, Kimbo Kush, Skywalker OG, Star Killer, Super OG, Banana Kush (and crosses), Josh D OG, Royal Purple Kush.

What I have is some obscure stuff from Colorado, about 14% CBG. I'll let you know if I find a solid-looking source for CBG seeds.

Do you mean indica-dominant buds, or do you intend to make oil or extract?

I've grown both Purple Kush and Cookies Kush (Girl Scout Cookies x OG Kush). The Cookies Kush did better in my outdoor environment, so that's the one I have continued to grow, and I like its effects. I would like to grow a more potent kush, for example: Godfather OG, Kimbo Kush, Skywalker OG, Star Killer, Super OG, Banana Kush (and crosses), Josh D OG, Royal Purple Kush.
Was planning to try and make them all lol. Defo making the RSO, for cancer prevention etc. From what I've read you want a good indica dominant for that. Was told any of the kushs are good for this. Then some edibles, if I made them 2 successfully at the end of this run I'd be happy enough. I've seen the RSO extended a guys life. He had brain tumor. Was only givin 3 months. Stated in RSO and he got extra 3 yrs! It shrunk it down.

Was planning to try and make them all lol. Defo making the RSO, for cancer prevention etc. From what I've read you want a good indica dominant for that. Was told any of the kushs are good for this. Then some edibles, if I made them 2 successfully at the end of this run I'd be happy enough. I've seen the RSO extended a guys life. He had brain tumor. Was only givin 3 months. Stated in RSO and he got extra 3 yrs! It shrunk it down.
Hey gaz, just reading this and thinking.

Are you fixed on growing autos and not photo plants?

Do you have space and resources for more than one tent?

Are you open to trying a SCROG type grow? Here's a great example of one: CLICK HERE.

I'm happy to answer any questions you may have about making concentrate. I'm familiar with RSO and FECO – I actually sometimes buy FECO from the dispensary. To me it's all hash oil – i.e. concentrate derived by removing cannabinoids and terpenes from kief (collected trichomes), by way of ethanol extraction (pure grain alcohol). This is the most potent, pure concentrate you can produce from home with minimal investment in equipment. The hash oil can then be turned into vape oil, or can be used in edibles. One can make hash oil from any buds – THC, CBD, CBG. Kush or other indica strains are great, as they work more on the body. One needs quite a lot of buds to make a decent amount of hash oil.

As you probably know, a much less potent form of oil is derived from lipid extraction – that is, using a vegetable oil (e.g. coconut, olive) to extract cannabinoids and terpenes from dry buds. This was mentioned by bluter above – the Instant Pot method. This is a lot easier than alcohol extraction, and can be used to make your own THC, CBG, or CBG oil, which can be taken by the dropper-full or added to edibles.

Hey folks

Last Yr I unfortunately took a bad neck injury. I've got a degraded disk in between my c5 and c6.. Horrendous pain like a shock wave coming from my neck into my shoulder blade, then into my shoulder, then onward down the outside of my left arm and into my finger tips. And it wud do that in slow motion, for literally 7 months. It was worst time of my life for sure.

Was off work, cudnt afford cannabis, (which really sucked) pills helped alot tho, and thankfully after 7 months my condition began to heal and I didn't require neck surgery. (thank god for that)
For the next 3 months only pain I felt was a bit of weakness in my arm, nothing I can't live with, I'm back at work and all good.
But last 3 weeks now I'm experiencing awful head pressure on left side of my head. If u push into ur head with ur fingers, that's what my head feels likes, I'm well pissed this has started happening. My doctor has told me it's coming form the nerves from my neck.
I can't understand how this is only happening now and not in the previous year. He has put me on strong medication which I don't like, thy don't seem to be having any effect. Il stick with them for another week or so to see. Il be coming off them if they don't improve me. But doc has told me I may have to deal with this for rest of my life. Now I now what chronic pain feels. Its awful. My injury has made me take control my cannabis need. It's nice now having my own supply. OK first run wasn't great, but il improve my drying and curing next run for sure.
My question is, what is best strain to help with nerve damage?
I know some are best for anxiety etc, but I've never heard of a strain that can help with nerve pain in the head.
Should I be injesting CBD as well?
I've heard it can help to heal.
There was me thinking I was on the Rd to recovery and now gotta deal with this shit. I know it cud be worse, and I'm greatful I can still earn. But my head has constant pressure now on the left side. It's sooo annoying.
Would really appreciate any advise, thanks folks.. 👍
I have had cervical disc laminectomy and fusion C4-5 and C5-6 as well as lumbar L5-S1. I suffer from chronic pain even though these surgeries were to eliminate pain. I find some strains to work well and some that absolutely make the pain worse. LSD is my go to for pain. I stay away from Blissful Wizard as it intensifies my spine pain. Feel better.

I have had cervical disc laminectomy and fusion C4-5 and C5-6 as well as lumbar L5-S1. I suffer from chronic pain even though these surgeries were to eliminate pain. I find some strains to work well and some that absolutely make the pain worse. LSD is my go to for pain. I stay away from Blissful Wizard as it intensifies my spine pain. Feel better.
Sorry to hear this, and hope you are getting the pain relief you need.

Thanks for mentioning the LSD strain... I've heard of it, but haven't tried it yet. Looks like it's 55% indica.

Have you tried a strong indica-dominant strain, like 80% or above indica? Have you tried mixing CBD or CBG bud with your THC bud? I do this in the grinder. I'm finding very good pain relief in a 50/50 THC and CBD. Also very good pain relief from CBG plus a small amount of THC, combined in the grinder. BUT... I'm not experiencing a lot of pain... only some muscle pain.

I grow both CBD and CBG plants.

Hey
Thanks for commenting and sharing your experience. I really feel for you. I can't imagine what it must be like living with that pain. You are obviously a very strong person with a determined mind set. I was lucky in the sence that I avoided surgery. My c5 c6 are degraded, I'd never experienced nerve radiating pain piror to this. If it didn't heal to the point its at now, I honestly don't know how I wud of got over it.

I joined a cervical surgery group on Facebook, and goosh I cudnt believe the extent this injury can get to and the pain it can inflicted. People wud post their post op x Ray photos, yikes I was shocked. Now mostly I just have discomfort in my shoulder blade and shoulder. Some days it can be radiate down my arm,. But I honestly feel like it's not gonna heal properly. I'm doing light weights to try and build up muscle around that whole area. I'm a skinny guy so that doesn't help either.
What do the doctors say about the pain u live with now? Will it ever go away?

Hey
Thanks for commenting and sharing your experience. I really feel for you. I can't imagine what it must be like living with that pain. You are obviously a very strong person with a determined mind set. I was lucky in the sence that I avoided surgery. My c5 c6 are degraded, I'd never experienced nerve radiating pain piror to this. If it didn't heal to the point its at now, I honestly don't know how I wud of got over it.

I joined a cervical surgery group on Facebook, and goosh I cudnt believe the extent this injury can get to and the pain it can inflicted. People wud post their post op x Ray photos, yikes I was shocked. Now mostly I just have discomfort in my shoulder blade and shoulder. Some days it can be radiate down my arm,. But I honestly feel like it's not gonna heal properly. I'm doing light weights to try and build up muscle around that whole area. I'm a skinny guy so that doesn't help either.
What do the doctors say about the pain u live with now? Will it ever go away?
Hello gazmufc. I have lived with pain for almost half my life. I have a spine disease called ankylosing spondylitis. It also affects almost all of my joints and especially at the enthesis, which is the area where tendons attach to the bones. It becomes calcified and ruptures easily. I have good days and bad days, but my disease has progressed to the point where my entire spine is essentially completely fused. My pain is never going away. I can’t let the pain rule my life, so I do what I can to keep busy. I try to stay as active as I possibly can. That sounds funny because I use crutches and sometimes a walker to move around. The pain is worst at night and in the morning when you have nothing to keep you busy. I use prayer and of course pain medication to take the edge off. I take the lowest dose of pain medication because I don’t what to be spaced out. Medical cannabis definitely helps as I’m able to keep pain medication to a minimum. I don’t want to be labeled as a junkie. Believe me, people don’t understand chronic pain unless they experience it first hand or as a caregiver. Be well. Stay active.

Back
Top Bottom