Bianca Round 2 - Soil & Perlite - MH300 LED - General Hydroponics Nutes

Looks like too much water. Nute deficiencies cause other deformities but not droop. When she needs water leaves will droop at petioles.

Until she's able to use up all her water in a few days she doesn't have enough roots to hold soil together for repotting. Best to wait until she is slightly root bound.

It was a good thing to get the cal-mag in there, but absolutely no more water until she is completely dry. That encourages roots to grow and spread. That in turn will allow her to make better use of nutes already in soil, eliminating the apparent nute deficiency. Of course by that time she'll be growing fast and need more nutes! :laughtwo:

Day 24 - I'm guessing the Cal/Mag helped as she looks much less droopy and gained a little height. I'll let her dry out as suggested and then check the roots to see if she's ready to move into the 5 gallon. She's got 4 nodes but I think I'll wait until she's in the 5 gal. before I begin LST and topping unless that's something I can do now? Opinions are welcome! :)

nutes59.jpg

Day 27 - Well here's hoping I didn't screw the pooch. :) I wanted to try Manifolding. It's the Nebula Haze method. Since it's been 5 days since watering and the pot was really light, I went ahead and gave her 1 and a third cups of water with CaliMagic/FloroMicro/FloraGrow @ 1/2 strength. Actually, I added a wee bit more CaliMagic since her lower leaves started looking a bit yellowish again.

And then I did this. :)

OhBoy.jpg

Oh well! No turning back now. Wish me luck! :)

Perfect manifold. In a few days to a week you can start tying or staking it down.
I use a chopstick and garbage ties.
420-magazine-mobile942570614.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Day 28 - I decided to take a look at the roots and determine if she was ready for up-potting. Man, there was a hell of a lot of roots in the bottom 2/3 of that pot. I'm guessing she was root bound but so far I can only confirm that through pics I googled. Would appreciate any input on the following pics taken with flash under the LED. I've already moved her into the 5 gal pot.

RootsBound_.jpg

RootBound_.jpg

Wow! That's a bit more pruning than I was expecting!
Interesting to see how she responds to the big changes. I haven't done manifolding myself so I don't know what to expect.
I think once she adjusts to the hair cut her root mass will really push top growth.

More like "if she adjusts", KingstonRabbi. She's not looking any better this morning. Gave her some epsom salts in a qt. of water yesterday thinking it might be a Mg. deficiency. I'll see how she does in a few days but I might just bail on this grow.

Yeah, there's still a big 'if' to deal with. I tend to be optimistic about plants turning around. I got spoiled this summer when I had nearly unlimited space to let plants grow as long as it took. I'm glad I did because I found a couple keepers that I might have tossed early on. Now that I'm confined to a small area in basement I'm a lot less patient.

Epsom salt was a good call. Hopefully that makes the difference.

Day 31 - Not sure if I'll continue with this grow unless those two new sections flourish going forward. They've already got some tip curl so it may not be worth the time or effort. I suppose if I can get two colas out of them I may give it a go, otherwise I may just start looking at a different strain. This Bianca has not been easy for me and I see practically nothing on the strain from other growers.

ManifoldingGoneBad.jpg

Done_.jpg

Save_.jpg

The tip curl...what is the RH and temperature there? It looks like cal or mag deficiency:Namaste:

It's been around 73-75 degrees daytime to 66 @ night with around 35%RH throughout. If it's truly a cal/mag deficiency, I may just keep going with it for nothing else but to see how much more this strain needs combined with your LED. :)

I believe your temps/humidity is the reason for some leaf curling. I struggle with humidity staying on the lower side during the winter so I'm seeing the same thing in my space.
The new plant growth looks awesome. sometimes when you over water a seedling and survives you will see damage on the older leaves.

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Maybe I'll start looking into humidifiers then. Probably a warm mist kind so I can up the temps a bit too.

Appreciate the replies and advice. Thanks everyone.

Day 34 - Looks like I'll keep going with this and see how well I can train her. I'm also wondering if I should maybe cut those two lower fan leaves off? The ones with the nutrient issue. Opinions?

B197.jpg

B251.jpg

Not bad for 3 days growth!

Leave the lower fan leaves. They're still making food and energy for plant even with scars. When the top growth starts blocking light let them yellow completely so plant can reabsorb nutrients from them. Only reason to remove leaf is if it's blocking light/air flow or if diseased. Those are definitely still helping plant.

Day 36 - So I topped her, again. I almost feel guilty for doing it but I need to see how far I can go with her. Should be an interesting next couple of weeks. :)

Topped15.jpg

Upclose6.jpg

Day 39 - She's doing surprisingly well given the abuse she's gone through. :) Still haven't watered as there's a fair amount of moisture in the lower 1/4 of the 5 gal pot.

IMG_357416.jpg

IMG_357711.jpg

Back
Top Bottom