Bianca Feminized - MarsHydro 300 LED - Soil/Coco/Perlite

Wow. That is amazing. I grabbed this pic just before the light came on this morning. Am I correct in assuming those are Colas and they will merge into one large bud each? Meaning, all the separate buds along those vertical paths will become one bud?

Day18F.jpg

Wow. That is amazing. I grabbed this pic just before the light came on this morning. Am I correct in assuming those are Colas and they will merge into one large bud each? Meaning, all the separate buds along those vertical paths will become one bud?

Yes, more than likely. It depends on the plant and your environment. Your buds will get larger and begin to merge. At the same time, the older fans will likely begin to fade (at least mine always do), and you will get a lot more trich's on the buds and sugar leaves. I'm hoping you can keep the entire plant green. That's my goal, but don't usually make it.

Sugar leaves - had to look that up. :) I noticed there is some white powdery looking stuff developing on these so called sugar leaves which are next to the buds. Trichomes? I think so!

Sugar leaves - had to look that up. :) I noticed there is some white powdery looking stuff developing on these so called sugar leaves which are next to the buds. Trichomes? I think so!

I'm sure it is!
Grab a loop or other magnification so you can follow the progress and decide on your harvest window.
Make sure you are seeing trichomes and not the dreaded powdery mildew.

Day 18F- Hopefully I didn't get carried away with the snips. I was just taking a closer look at the middle of the plant and noticed a slew of bud sites that I didn't know were there so I snipped off some of the larger fan leaves and a few smaller ones as bending them simply wasn't going to work for me. I ended up snipping 9 leaves when I realized I should probably stop. Hopefully a big drink tomorrow will counter any ill effects if 9 is even considered going overboard.

Day 19F- Watered 1/2 strength GH trio for "Blooming & Flowering" into 5 qts. PH correct water. Snipped another 5 leaves. Getting very excited. It's like a bunch of Whovilles in there! :)

Day19F_2.jpg

Day19F_1.jpg

Day19F.jpg

Day19F_.jpg

Day 22F- If the early estimates of 6 weeks of flower are true, then I am half way home. I took another look at the MarsHydro 300 chart and saw that they say to have the light 12" - 24" during flower. So, I decided to lower it to 14" from the highest point on the canopy. I'm hoping this gets more juice to the mid to lower bud sites and helps the higher ones along too. I've also been pruning a handful of leaves almost daily with no "apparent" side effects. So far, so good. :)

It seems most breeders' harvest estimates are pretty optimistic. Figure on adding a week or two (or three).

It seems most breeders' harvest estimates are pretty optimistic. Figure on adding a week or two (or three).

I'm willing to wait until she's ready. I've waited this long and see some folks with this strain are at the end quote of 8 weeks. Regardless, I'm grinning from ear to ear every time I walk in and take a peak. The old phrase of watching grass grow being a negative has new meaning for me now. I enjoy it. :)

Day 24F- Decided to stop pruning after some more reading but my next grow I'm definitely going to prune during veg given how bushy this strain is after one topping and minor LST. She's only 18" tall which kinda surprised me. I think the seed provider stated "up to 36" indoors" so I guess my LST'ing cut that in half? Not sure how that works but I do know that you tube vid I watched of some dude's Bianca was easily the 36" tall. Regardless, I'm liking the way she's looking at this stage. Very happy!!

Day24F.jpg

Day24FL.jpg

A lot of how tall they get is how long you veg and how big the pot is.

Day 26F- I am fickle like a pickle. Decided to defoliate and hopefully didn't go overboard. Gave her a healthy drink afterwards of 1/2 strength GH trio Blooming & Flowering as well as 1/2 tsp of CaliMagic. Oh, and I ph adjusted the water after I added the nutes. :) Took several drops of the PH up to get it at around 6.5.

Only one leaf was yellowish while the rest has a nice solid green to it. She's pretty healthy from what I can tell. Let's hope my defoliation doesn't screw it up.

Back
Top Bottom