NuLife's - Soilless - Northern Lights - Grow Journal - 2016

7/29/16 - Veg Stage Week 3 - Decided to do some defoliating and fimming. I fimmed one spot, and defoliated 13 fan leaves most from the top to let light in a bit more.

7/31/16 Veg Stage Week 4 - Water Day no nutes, ph 5.75 in 6.00 out

8/1/16 Veg Stage Week 4 - Decide to defoliate today. I removed about 29 leaves, then placed back under the scrog screen.

Before Defoliating
16-08-01_NL_Wk4_Defoliation_1_.JPG

After Defoliating
16-08-01_NL_Wk4_Defoliation_2_.JPG

Maybe 8-10" I've been growing her wide instead of tall with first LST, but removed her binds once I placed a scrog net on her. I stretch her side ways under the net, star shape. Also FIM'd her. I did it with an my Auto Lemon, and recovery in 2 days has been awesome, so I decided to do it on my fuller plants.

I got my first new grow tent today. Yay! And it didn't cost a fortune thank goodness. The fabric is crazy thick and strong. Crazy easy to assemble even though the instructions were crap, but as a female I was able to figure it out and build it myself with no help in less than 30mins. There are privacy flaps over the zippers and it actually looks like a wardrobe closet, it's all black. No light leaks, I'm very happy.

I got it on Amazon if anyone is interested, and they have several different sizes. Here's the one I got.
Valuebox Grow Tent For Indoor Plant Growing Dismountable Reflective Hydroponic Non Toxic Room (48"x 24"x 72")
:party:

IMG_69754.JPG
IMG_69774.JPG

8/3/16 Veg Stage Week4 - Water Day with nutes, I did week3 of nutes schedule since I'm waiting for an LED light before I start the flowering stage. I defoliated her, I removed about 20 leaves.

ph 5.70 in 5.93 out ppm 890

Before defoliating today sorry it's blurry
16-08-03_NL_Wk4_2_.JPG

After defoliating today
16-08-03_NL_Wk4_1_.JPG

lol yea we'll see if she can handle it in a few days. Fingers crossed. :bitingnails:

Finally learned how (and the confidence) to do the supercropping training technique and did some needed practice bends to my plant to help manage a level canopy under the scrog net. These two techniques work hand in hand in trying to keep a level canopy.

8/6/16 Veg Stage Week 5 - So I decided to start watering my plants that are in the cococoir/perlite mix in air-pots more regularly. Up until now, I've been watering twice a week, once on Weds with Nutes and once on Sunday without nutes. After reading quite a bit it seems that cococoir needs to be watered more often since it's a hydro medium. I was watering it like a soil, letting it dry out before watering again, which apparently is not the greatest idea, supposedly plants will grow slow doing it that way in cococoir. Even though my plants look good.

I also think it makes since that my plants needs more regular feeding of nutes instead of once a week. Now it will get nutes twice a week. Once the plants are in flowering stage and buds form, I will start watering every day. I will still be giving plain ph water every other nutes day, this way nutes salts don't build up.

ph 5.85 in 5.93 out

8/7/16 Veg Stage Week 5 - Water Day with nutes, plus some defoliating. I did Week3 of the nutes schedule.

ph 5.30 in (I forgot to rewrite down the ph level that came out, my bad)

ppm 851

Defoliated 30 leaves

Before Defoliating
16-08-07_NL_Wk5_1_.JPG

After Defoliating
16-08-07_NL_Wk5_2_.JPG

8/9/16 Veg Stage Week 5 - Water Day with nutes. I did Week3 of the nutes schedule. So after all the reading I've been doing on CocoCoir, apparently people water several times a day. Which means I'm not feeding her enough. But I have to be honest, I do not have the time to water several times a day. So I'm going to feed her every other day this week, Then next week I'll start feeding every day. I don't' know if I would grow in this medium again, or maybe not so many plants at once. Something for me to think about.

I will do pictures on Sat or Sun from now on.

ph 5.85 in 5.79 out - ppm 975

8/11/16 Veg Stage Week 5 - Water Day with nutes. I did Week3 of the nutes schedule. Gave half a gallon of water/nutes instead of a gallon this time. I think that's going to be better for watering more often.

ph 5.72 in 5.92 out - ppm 790

8/13/16 Veg Stage Week 6 - Water Day with nutes. I did Week3 of the nutes schedule. Gave half a gallon of water/nutes.

ph 5.76 in 5.83 out - ppm 935

8/14/16 Veg Stage Week 6 - I've decided since I'm giving less nutes water (1/2 gal) daily during the week that Sunday I will do a flush with gallon of ph water to rinse out any salt/nutes build-up, then a regular feeding with nutes water (1/2 gal). I have done Week3 of the nutes schedule.

It has been a week since defoliating and watching the growth in a week has been very cool. I have come to love the bamboo sticks. I'm finding having these are the easiest way to train the plant to open up into a star shape.

I have defoliated 70 leaves.

ph 5.80 in 5.75 out - ppm 784

Before Defoliating
16-08-14_NL_Wk6_1_.JPG

16-08-14_NL_Wk6_2_.JPG

After Defoliating
16-08-14_NL_Wk6_3_.JPG

LST Training into Star Shape
16-08-14_NL_Wk6_4_.JPG

8/19/16 Week 6 - So I finally got my inexpensive COB lights from Amazon today. These 800w will take up my flowering stage up a notch. I put the other 300w light I was using in the closet and placed it in the tent with the other 300w. All 3 lemons are in the closet, and now the Norther Light as well, under two 800w COBs. I hung them 24-26" above the plants. I will adjust as needed dependent on if the plants can take it or not. The lights have a switch so you can use only 2 lights instead of 4, at 400w, each light. I decided for the first night or two I'm going to only use 400w of the 800w so the girls get use to the new light. Then I will use all four bulbs, at 800w.

Before anyone goes on how it's not good to get cheapy lights, I know. But there are some pluses, I figured on a few things, one I have to save to get my premium lights and I want to be productive until then. Premium lights will be next year after I save for them and after I perfect my grow space, my grow skills, and results. I also figured, if they didn't work out I can use them for it's frame if I ever decided to do DIY COBs in the future. Lastly if they do work out, I can use them for side lighting once I get my premium lights or supplemental lighting just in case I ever have to have a premium light sent away for repair or exchange. Not to mention, the cheapy 300w lights have been working out great. They're growing bushy plants with tight nodes, so I figured it was worth trying their COBs as well. So there is a method to my madness. So bear with me, I will post my results either way.

I will be switching to flowering 12/12 hour schedule tonight for flowering.

The lights, they look whitish not the usual blurple, but in the picture they look more pinkish.
16-08-19_Roleandro_800w_11_.JPG
16-08-19_Roleandro_800w_12_.JPG
16-08-19_Roleandro_800w_1_.JPG

Closet with 2 of the COB lights, only 2 reflectors on, over 4 plants. I have fans on the sides out of view.
16-08-19_Roleandro_800w_10_.JPG

8/20/16 Week 7 Flower Day 1 - So last night I switched to the 12/12 light schedule. The plants seems to be happy with the COB. This afternoon I turned on all reflectors so I can see how the plant handles the full power of the light. Lights are hanging 30" away.

I defoliated 50 leaves and removed some bottom growth.

Before defoliating
16-08-20_NL_Wk7_Flwr1_1_.JPG
16-08-20_NL_Wk7_Flwr1_2_.JPG

After defoliating
16-08-20_NL_Wk7_Flwr1_3_.JPG
16-08-20_NL_Wk7_Flwr1_4_.JPG

Back
Top Bottom