NuLife's - KindSoil - Raspberry Cough - Grow Journal - 2016

8/28/16 Week 8 - She's starting to need watering more often, so I'm going to start watering her Sun/Tues/Thur. I have two 300w LED lights on her.

Defoliated 42 leaves.

Before defoliating: Canopy nicely even :)
IMG_72588.JPG
IMG_72596.JPG

After defoliating:
IMG_72608.JPG
IMG_72616.JPG

Hey there Nunu the ecoplus 3 I mentioned is 1030 GPH. It will do 60+ AutoPots with air domes lol. It's a great pump and like I said, I've been using mine for 3 years and it's running like day 1. I highly recommend it. I got mine from the local hydro store for 50 bucks. :thumb:

+1 on the Ecoplus 3 - Doc and I got started with that pump for making ACT teas (aerated compost tea)... super size my 5 gal Homer bucket with some O2 please... thank you very much. Industrial strength air pumps get compost teas going..... FTW. Oxygen and bacteria ... it's like a miracle.

9/2/16 - Week 8 - I watered her yesterday, and defoliate her today removing around 30 or so leaves. I also finally received my coated wire, so I was able to bind her down a little more precisely. Loving the Coated Wire (props to LA), but you will need a wire cutter. She is growing very nice and strong. For the last 2 days during the day, I've been putting her into the flowering closet with the 800w COB lighting for about 12 hours, then I put her back in her own tent with the two 300w LEDs on her for another 6 hours. I wanted her to start getting use to the stronger/different spectrum COB light for when I switch her to flowering on Sat, and she stays in the flowering closet til harvest. She seems to love the COB lights so that's good. This is why I gave her one last defoliating right before flowering. About 3 of her thinner limbs seemed a bit weak, though no broken skin, so I decided to put a little tape around that area while I'm training her with better binds (the wire), hopefully this will help the weak areas to get stronger or form a knuckle.

Does anyone know if you're suppose to remove the bondage at any point for mainlining, especially during flowering? or maybe when buds or colas appear? or do the binds stay on until harvest? Lastly if anyone feels she should not be turned to flowering schedule tomorrow in her 9th week, please chime in. Thanks

Anywhere, here are some pics.

Before defoliating
16-09-02_R1_WK8_1_.JPG
16-09-02_R1_WK8_2_.JPG

After defoliating and rebondage with coated wire
16-09-02_R1_WK8_3_.JPG
16-09-02_R1_WK8_4_.JPG
16-09-02_R1_WK8_6_.JPG
16-09-02_R1_WK8_5_.JPG

All systems go for flower launch! Once the stems harden and become rigid I usually remove the stakes and or ties. Buy some stalks are too frail and need support, so some may need to stay throughout. Also, later in flower it's beneficial to spread out your canopy as much as possible to allow light to penetrate through. Hope that makes sense, this is basically what I've been doing for my autos and photos. But others may do different, I'm sure light addict has his tied down throughout, like his massive hammock plant of late.

Looking great Nunu :thumb:

KiG :green_heart:cheers

9/4/16 Week 9 Flowering Day 2 - She's doing good in the Flowering Closet. I didn't feel I had enough light in the closet to cover all the plants, so I added one of the 300w LED lights from the tent to the closet. I placed this Raspberry Cough in KindSoil under the 300w LED light in the flowering closet. It's hanging 18" over the plant.

Here are the pictures.
16-09-04_R1_WK9_FD2_1_.JPG
16-09-04_R1_WK9_FD2_2_.JPG

9/8/16 Week 9 Flowering Day 6 - So I got my days mixed up in the beginning of the week and I wound up watering her Sun, Mon and Tues. She was only suppose to be watered on Sun, Tues Thurs. So of course she's looking a little water logged today, my bad. So I decided not to water her today. Oh I also dropped a fan on her which of course snapped a branch, so that had to be taped up. I swear if this plants gives me any gifts it will be a miracle from the garden gods, because I've been brutal to this plant. She has nothing but tape bandages all over her. The only good things is that I'm doing mainlining on this one, and out of all my plants I'm growing right now none of which I'm doing mainlining on, she's has the biggest and strongest main branch I've grown. So hopefully she's a Brut like her momma. lol

Lights are at 30-31" away from the plants. I've decided to return one of the 800w COB lights and get two 600w 3wLEDs instead. After speaking with the company rep, they don't think I need two COBs this powerful in the size closet I have (2' deep x 4.5' wide 5.5' high), especially cause I can't raise it higher than I already have it. So since the 300w 3wLEDs were working out great, I'm just going to double that. So once I get them, I will have two 600w 3wLEDs and a 800w COB light in the middle. I think this would be a good compromise for the size closet I have with giving full coverage and different spectrums of light. I will move the other 300w LED I have in the closet back into the tent with the Aurora Indica plants, right before flowering for even coverage when they get big, bringing the total of two 300w LEDs in the tent. I hope this works out till I can afford premium lighting next year.

Big and Strong ignore the pinkish lighting, I forgot to turn the light off before taking picture.
IMG_74535.JPG

Looking good there NU... tape the ladies up.. they will thank you later. Later you will have to worry about bud weight breaking the branches. :thumb: All good no worries.

If you don't have Dyna-Gro Pro-tekt and Ful-power, get some that will help the plants with recovery and general health.

Thankyou Bob, have you used KindSoil before? Have you use nutrients with it? I know about Dyno Gro, I used it for my first soil grow, but KindSoil directions states not to use any nutrients with it. So not sure what to do.

Looking good there NU... tape the ladies up.. they will thank you later. Later you will have to worry about bud weight breaking the branches. :thumb: All good no worries.

If you don't have Dyna-Gro Pro-tekt and Ful-power, get some that will help the plants with recovery and general health.

9/11/16 Week 10 Flowering Day 9 - She's looking good. I did not remove any of her bandages, I want to give it another week. I defoliated her today, and removed about 100 leaves. She's starting to get a little more thirsty so I gave her a gal of water today.

Before defoliating:
16-09-11_R1_WK10_FD9_1_.JPG
16-09-11_R1_WK10_FD9_2_.JPG

After defoliating:
16-09-11_R1_WK10_FD9_3_.JPG
16-09-11_R1_WK10_FD9_4_.JPG

I received both my 600w 3wLEDs todays. I placed one on each side of the 800w COB light so now I have an even spread of light. These 600w lights are huge. So I'm loving the coverage.

Here's how the closet looks with all the different plants and the lights.
16-09-12_GalaxyHydro_600w_2_.JPG
16-09-12_GalaxyHydro_600w_1_.JPG

9/18/16 Week 11 Flowering Day 16 - She's certainly stretching a bit, buds are popping up all over. But she's still taking abuse. I noticed a bunch of leaves limping, and after inspecting noticed a branch was broken. I taped it up as best as I could, but not sure if she'll make it. She was watered today.

IMG_76868.JPG
IMG_76873.JPG

Broken branch, after taping.

IMG_76893.JPG

Budlets
IMG_76903.JPG

I received both my 600w 3wLEDs todays. I placed one on each side of the 800w COB light so now I have an even spread of light. These 600w lights are huge. So I'm loving the coverage.

Here's how the closet looks with all the different plants and the lights.
16-09-12_GalaxyHydro_600w_2_.JPG
16-09-12_GalaxyHydro_600w_1_.JPG
Wow. It's all looking good. Been following since the start. Been away for a month, mine is quite close to harvest. Keep up the good work!

Sent from my SM-G900I using 420

I see your keeping it green over here aswell. Plant after plant they all look great. Hard to keep track of all the journals for each of your gals, but I find them. Glad you've settled in for the long stay with us at 420...you're doing great,

KIG :green_heart:cheers

9/25/16 Week 12 Flowering Day 23 - So I decided to defoliate her today for the last time, and I might of went nuts removing all the little branches. We shall see. I trimmed her to have 16 distinct branches. I think I'm going to call her the Miracle Plant if she actually produces huge colas, or any colas at all. lolol I've taken off most of her bandages, and amazingly enough she's healing well. Her branches are not exactly even because it's really hard to tie her down to a fabric type pot. I'm using binder clips and coated wire but she's already getting really solid so the binds are not doing anything anymore except stressing out the joints, so I removed some of the binds. She was watered today.

Before defoliating:
IMG_77866.JPG
IMG_77886.JPG

After defoliating:
IMG_77917.JPG
IMG_77933.JPG

10/1/16 Week 13 Flowering Day 29 - Watered her today, she seemed to bounce back from the extreme defoliating, but I'll have to see if the buds get any bigger.

IMG_79566.JPG
IMG_79575.JPG
IMG_79586.JPG

Back
Top Bottom