HashGirl Grows Alpine Star CBD, Carnival, Dark Devil & Raspberry Cough

Thanks, Shed. What kind of stakes do you suggest? I only have 12 inch bamboo sticks currently but I could get something else.

Yeah, I found some 3 foot bamboo stakes at Canadian Tire and am planning on getting them. I was also looking at peony rings and metal supports like this:

Plant Support Rings.jpg

How tall do you recommend? My tallest plant is 36" tall so I'm leaning towards something around 30". That's why I thought the bamboo stakes might be good as they're 3 feet tall but bamboo can be cut more easily than metal.

My, how your garden grows! :yummy::party:

Thanks, Stone. My first grow was a hempy grow and the plants I grew were 2 Dark Devils. I got a grand total of 14 grams from the 2 of them. This is why I want to figure out how people get a bigger yield from them.

If I don't figure it out, I probably won't grow Dark Devil again once I go through all the seeds. I do love smoking/vaping it or in an edible but I get a very similar high from Carnival and from Big Devil XL and since they're both photos, it's more likely I'll grow them.
It’d be interesting to see you give hempy another go sometime, now that your mojo is rising ;) Things like environmental control and plant reading are in a pretty happening place, your plants tell, so the experience might be different. Our friend did hempy after a number of grows using other methods.
One tip is to not accept the seeds folks have made of it. Only because from what i see they are mostly smaller plants.

and the other half were made by Rifleman and were given to me

Hmmm, wasn't the rifleman's the biggest dda ever?
I was gonna say. Forum members who grew those mostly (IIRC) got pretty good plants - sometimes very big. Also, while dynamo may have cloned a runty pheno among his, it’s still the most delicious of them all in my experience so it’s ever not worth growing it, its buds always end up as prized ‘head stash’. Just grow a bunch of them at once!

My, how your garden grows! :yummy::party:

It’d be interesting to see you give hempy another go sometime, now that your mojo is rising ;) Things like environmental control and plant reading are in a pretty happening place, your plants tell, so the experience might be different. Our friend did hempy after a number of grows using other methods.
Nice to see you here, Amy. Are you still vacationing or are you back home now?

Yeah, maybe. We still have almost a whole bag left. I'll think about it but I'm pretty happy growing in ProMix right now especially since that's what Felonious prefers.

I was gonna say. Forum members who grew those mostly (IIRC) got pretty good plants - sometimes very big. Also, while dynamo may have cloned a runty pheno among his, it’s still the most delicious of them all in my experience so it’s ever not worth growing it, its buds always end up as prized ‘head stash’. Just grow a bunch of them at once!

Please help me remember what IIRC means??? I know the DDA high is really good but I believe the high from Big Devil XL and Carnival is similar enough that I'd rather grow them and get a bigger yield. When it takes at least 500 mg of THC to get high, I need lots of product.

However, I do like smoking DDA so I may just grow for those purposes. Nonetheless, I still have 47 seeds left so I don't have to make any hasty decisions right now. :laughtwo:

Felonious harvested his Alpine Stars today (ALP1, ALP3, ALP6 & ALP8), which is good because now I can get his tent prepared for the Girl Scout Cookies. Preparing the tent will include installing the new @Mars Hydro FC3000 light in it as well as some basic housekeeping. Here are a couple of photos of the drying plants:

ALP Harvest - FP.jpeg

ALP Harvest1 - FP.jpeg

He thinks he'll get about 2 ounces off of each of them. They're destined to be made into CCO as that is the method of consumption that Felonious prefers personally.

While these aches and pains aren't what we want in our old age, I will gladly take them over the news my poor cousin who is one year older than me received this week. He has just been diagnosed with acute myeloid leukemia and it only has a 25% survival rate for people over 20 years of age so that really sucks. He's been admitted to hospital and will receive chemo daily for a month. I wish there was something I could do.

I got some good news about my cousin. They've found a donor who is a 10-point match, which means it's a perfect match. The donor has agreed to donate and his/her donation will be made through the blood stem donation as opposed to the bone marrow donation as it's less invasive for all parties.

Back
Top Bottom