NuLife's - KindSoil - Raspberry Cough - Grow Journal - 2016

OK lol, so I don't ML as you know. So this is my best explanation :)

You've set up your plant to produce all main colas of even size etc. So when to flip is down to space limitations vertical wise. That's all really lol, if you want BIG colas give her a little longer to build vertically. Taking into consideration that she will stretch some! :)
Then as for the new growth, these are the nodes that will build into your budsites and colas, so leave em be :)

I'm sure some other ML experienced person will chime in if I'm off anywhere :)

Thank you LA for the fast response. Do you think I'm going to traumatize her that I had lights out from 12a-12p last night? I don't want to create a hermie.

8/20/16 - Veg Stage Week 7 - Ok I'm going to wait a bit longer before switching to flowering schedule, since I believe I have a good amount of room in the tent at 6'+.

I defoliated about 10 leaves.

Thanks dr. I hope I get the results I keep seeing of this method. lol

I've already contacted the Autopots company, they were great with info, answered an entire email full of questions, after speaking with them on the phone. I so want this current grow to hurry up, cause I want to start my next grow with Autopots. Can't wait. I have already planned out my next grow. 4 XL pots in the closet and top-fed DWC tank in the tent. Loving all these different ways to grow. Some how I know I''m going to love the autopots, at the very least my bad back will love them. lol

Looking great Nunu! Awesome training. Very cool.

You're going to love them. I sure have loved mine. After I had back surgery I was looking at a long recovery and knew I'd have to find something easier. If not for autopots I would have had to quit growing. I'm healed up now but I'm going to keep using them. I'm a believer in this system. I'm not affiliated with them in any way but I think they're the product of the year for sure! GL on the system. Let me know when you get them and I'll send you some things I've learned. :Namaste:

Thank you I will definitely reach out when I get them before my next grow. Sorry to hear about your back, but glad you're doing better. :)

You're going to love them. I sure have loved mine. After I had back surgery I was looking at a long recovery and knew I'd have to find something easier. If not for autopots I would have had to quit growing. I'm healed up now but I'm going to keep using them. I'm a believer in this system. I'm not affiliated with them in any way but I think they're the product of the year for sure! GL on the system. Let me know when you get them and I'll send you some things I've learned. :Namaste:

8/25/16 Veg Stage Week 7 - I watered her yesterday and defoliated her today. I removed about 65 leaves. Sorry I forgot to take a before picture, but needless to say she was very bushy, but growing very evenly. I ordered some garden coated wire so I should be getting that soon, to help with training her a little better, I hope. A Light Addict idea.

After defoliating
16-08-25_R1_Wk7_1_.JPG
16-08-25_R1_Wk7_2_.JPG

Thanks Dr. I'm so excited to see the results of this one plant. I have to say I do love the KindSoil, I water her twice a week with tap water (after sitting out for 24 hours at least) on Weds and Sunday and that's it. She has been perfectly green, growing bushy, and her main branch is rock hard. She's in a 5 lb pot. So far, definitely the easiest grow I have.

Hmmm I dont' know. I would say it filled up a little more than a 3rd of the 5gal Roottrapper pot she's in. Then I added cocoloco/perlite mix on top. I don't think the kindsoil would be good in the autopots, so Im definitely going to use the Sohum soil. The airdomes, can be used with any "fluffy" medium they recommend. If using soil 50/50 soil/perlite mix. They say it creates oxygen around the root zone and increases yield 30% I might get one or two to see if it makes a difference when I get this setup. Unless of course you consider the Sohum a heavy soil?

Oh wow! That's definitely spendy. SoHum is mass produced so I think that's how they keep their costs down. I did ping the kind folks for the 2 lb free trial bag. I'll put it in the bottom of one of the pots on my next grow to see if it makes a difference. SoHum is a peat/coco base and is pretty heavy but you should use perlite or clay balls in the bottom anyways to keep the roots out of the aquavalves. I'll pick up a couple and give them a try. What the heck lol! As far as air pumps go I already have an ecoplus 3 with a 6 port manifold. It's a lot quieter than the ecoplus 1 and mine has been running for 3+ years without a hiccup!

Ooo good to know regarding the pump. I didn't know you could get free soil from Kind, very cool. Just make sure you use whatever amount they give you in the recommended pot size. This makes sure it's enough food for the right pot/plant size. All recommendations are on their homepage.

I just went to their store and it was one of the options. Very cool, it might be a new product that I use regularly. Do you know where I can find a list of the ingredients?

Thanks Nunu! :thanks:

Hey Dr. the ingredients are on the the homepage on the left side of the page right under the first picture. Here's also an info page regarding any question you might have. KindSoil Info

Here's the ingredients:
2016-08-26.png

Hmmm I dont' know. I would say it filled up a little more than a 3rd of the 5gal Roottrapper pot she's in. Then I added cocoloco/perlite mix on top. I don't think the kindsoil would be good in the autopots, so Im definitely going to use the Sohum soil. The airdomes, can be used with any "fluffy" medium they recommend. If using soil 50/50 soil/perlite mix. They say it creates oxygen around the root zone and increases yield 30% I might get one or two to see if it makes a difference when I get this setup. Unless of course you consider the Sohum a heavy soil?

OK first off "HI" :ciao: to Nu looks like your a pro trainer already. Mighty fine, keep up the good work there... that training plant is going to get big...

You mentioned the Airdomes ... I checked them out.. I didn't even know they existed till you mentioned it. :thumb:

The only issue I see with that add-on will be pump size. They show aquarium pumps and I think we will need a larger pump for more that one plant. I immediately thought O2 to the root zone when I saw that.

That's pretty cool they say 30% more yield... that's pretty bold. I might have to try it ... heck if it can get me 10% more yield I'd be totally happy.

Good luck with your new tent and your new lamps! Always fun to have new decent tools for the job at hand, eh?

Cheers and sub'd

:welcome:
This newbie thanks you truly for the generous compliment, Bob. In regards to the airdome, yea I think if it actually works, and is fitted with the right airpump, it would be almost like hydro results in a soil medium. Though I have no idea what would be an appropriate airpump. When I emailed them a few questions, here was the answer regarding what kind of airpump was required for the airdome.
Their answer: "We don’t include an air pump with the kits, but you should be able to pick one up from any good hydro store. We recommend a minimum airflow of 15gal of air per hour per airdome. So, for example, if you had 4 pots with a dome in each pot, you would need a 60gal per hour pump minimum."

Though I'm not sure what that means, because I was under the impression there would be one airdome per pump, so why would it matter if there was 4 pots with each having a dome???

Hey there Nunu the ecoplus 3 I mentioned is 1030 GPH. It will do 60+ AutoPots with air domes lol. It's a great pump and like I said, I've been using mine for 3 years and it's running like day 1. I highly recommend it. I got mine from the local hydro store for 50 bucks. :thumb:

Back
Top Bottom