HashGirl Grows Alpine Star CBD, Carnival, Dark Devil & Raspberry Cough

The final numbers (dry weight) for Felonious' Alpine Stars are:

ALP1 - 79 grams
ALP2 - 32 grams
ALP6 - 73 grams
ALP8 - 68 grams

TOTAL - 252 grams or 9 ounces

I'll be trimming the Carnival today and will post the dry weight later.

Thanks, Shed. We still have my 3 Alpine Stars to add to the final numbers. I trimmed the Carnival today. It took me just over an hour and as you can probably see, it wasn't just bud but that's okay since most of this will be going to capsules or edibles. I'm actually pretty happy with the yield. Once she had dried, she didn't look like much so I was happily surprised to get just over 4 ounces. That's the highest yield I've had for a photo plant so far. CBD1 was just 3 grams lighter.

Carnival - 147 days (74 in flower):

IMG_3571.jpeg

IMG_3570.jpeg

For later:

IMG_3572.jpeg

Some of bud is pretty pale, which makes me nervous since that's what bud rot looks like from a distance. :nervous-guy:

No worries. There was definitely no bud rot. But, I didn't trim the sugar leaves off and they're lighter in colour than the buds. Here's a nug:

IMG_3574.jpeg

The scissor hash was so good, I also smoked a small nug. Very smooth with a nice head rush.

*** Weekly Update ***

I haven't posted any updates since June 8th so this is well overdue. However, it will also be the last Weekly Update as I harvested the rest of the Winter crop today, i.e. Raspberry Cough, ALP2, ALP4 and ALP5. Without further ado, here are the pictures:

Photo 1 - 420 Notes.jpg

ALP4:

Photo 2 - ALP4.jpeg

Photo 3 -  ALP4.jpeg

Photo 3b - ALP4.jpeg

ALP2:

Photo 4 - ALP2.jpeg

Photo 5 - ALP2.jpeg

Photo 6 - ALP2.jpeg

To be continued...

*** Weekly Update cont'd...***

RC:

Photo 7 - RC.jpeg

Photo 8 - RC.jpeg

Photo 9 - RC.jpeg

Photo 10 - RC.jpeg

Photo 11 - RC.jpeg

ALP5:

Photo 12 - ALP5.jpeg

Photo 13 - ALP5.jpeg

Photo 14 - ALP5.jpeg

Drying:

Photo 18 - Winter Harvest.jpg

That's all, folks. Thanks for following along.

I had a lot of floppy plants this grow and would like suggestions on how to grow a plant that isn't so floppy. I know I could use supports but Alpine 2 and the Raspberry Cough were really hard to support as all of their branches were floppy.

I've heard people mention using silica. Anyone here have any experience with it?

Congrats on the all that harvesting! Looks like tons of bud in there to keep you happy for a month or two particularly all the CBD. Raspberry Cough looks trichful. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Silica is important for plants and helps them develop strong bones and teeth stems, and MC doesn't have much at all, so adding some from the first feed to the last is a good thing. One of the main problems with silica is the cheapest form is potassium silicate, which bumps the already-high potassium content of MC and can lead to toxicity.

It's best to find a product of monosilic acid (MSA), which is 0-0-0 and immediately available to the plants (postassium silicate needs to be broken down first by microbes in the soil). It ain't cheap, but it's the best type of silica for the plants if it's in the budget.

I have been using Stout MSA, but it's pretty diluted so I'm on the hunt for the most cost effective brand as I just ran out yesterday!

I looked it, but it says: "This product is NOT registered for sale in California, Washington and Arizona." That leaves me out!

Damn.

Does it say what percentage is Si on the bottle? The Stout MSA is only 1.25%.
I'm not that sure what's what when it comes to compounds shed, but reading this off the bottle may help you.

Silicon (si02) w/w 10% w/v 10.5% .

That's the only tech babble on the bottle, hope that helps shed.

I'm not that sure what's what when it comes to compounds shed, but reading this off the bottle may help you.

Silicon (si02) w/w 10% w/v 10.5% .

That's the only tech babble on the bottle, hope that helps shed.
Thanks Lister! It might help someone but not me. w/v is weight/volume and w/w is just weight concentration, but I'm not sure if that means it's 10% Si or not. :oops:

You know who might know that? @MrSauga!

Thanks Lister! It might help someone but not me. w/v is weight/volume and w/w is just weight concentration, but I'm not sure if that means it's 10% Si or not. :oops:

It's extremely concentrated, the directions advise using just 1ml to a gallon of water.
A 500ml bottle has lasted me over a year, still got a quater or so of it left.

It's extremely concentrated, the directions advise using just 1ml to a gallon of water.
A 500ml bottle has lasted me over a year, still got a quater or so of it left.
I use my silica by PPM, and without knowing the concentration (though someone may know based on what they have listed) there's no way to do that. All you have is the manufacturer's recommendation, and for mine it is far under what I actually use.

Is yours the white bottle with the HPS bulb on it or the green bottle with the green Buddha on it?

W/v, or weight per volume, is used where a solid chemical is dissolved in liquid (eg if I dissolve 10 g of table salt, to make up a total volume of 100 mL of solution then I have made a 10% w/v solution of table salt)

W/w is an abbreviation for the percentage weight of a substance of the total weight.

e.g. 10 % w/w H2O2 = 10 g hydrogen peroxide in 90 gm (90 ml) water.

I may have not completely answered the question, but I think I may be close :) It sounds like it's concentrated. Hope it helps.

I use my silica by PPM, and without knowing the concentration (though someone may know based on what they have listed) there's no way to do that. All you have is the manufacturer's recommendation, and for mine it is far under what I actually use.

Is yours the white bottle with the HPS bulb on it or the green bottle with the green Buddha on it?
I use the green bottle with the Buddha on it, I believe the one with bulb on it is old stock/brand in the UK.

I use a blue lab truncheon to measure ppm, it doesn't have digital read out accuracy. I know the amount of silica I use doesn't even register on the blue lab truncheon.
I'd have to get a digital ppm meter to answer that correctly.

Back
Top Bottom