NuLife's - Soilless - Raspberry Cough - Grow Journal - 2016

9/18/16 Week 11 Flowering Day 22 - ph 5.71 in 5.88 out 639ppm. I did Week5 of the nutes schedule.

9/24/16 Week 12 Flowering Day 28 - She got real bushy again so I defoliated about 250 leaves, and opened her up a bit more with the coated wire.

9/21 ph 5.65 in 5.85 out 725ppm. I did Week5 of the nutes schedule.

Before defoliating:
16-09-24_R2_WK12_FD28_1_.JPG
16-09-24_R2_WK12_FD28_2_.JPG

After defoliating:
16-09-24_R2_WK12_FD28_3_.JPG
16-09-24_R2_WK12_FD28_4_.JPG

10/1/16 Week 13 Flowering Day 35 - I did a ph water flush today.

9/30 ph 5.61 in 6.06 out 761ppm. I did Week6 of the nutes schedule.

IMG_79536.JPG
IMG_79553.JPG

10/8/16 Week 14 Flowering Day 42 - I did a ph water flush today. I've been doing Week7 of the nutes schedule. I'll be doing Week8 of the nutes schedule starting Tuesday. I snipped all the tops of the buds for bud backbuilding.

IMG_80491.JPG
IMG_80502.JPG

10/15/16 Week 15 Flowering Day 49 - She's doing good, bud hairs are just about to start darkening. Trichomes are starting to look milky, and one or two ambers are showing. I've been doing Week8 of the Nutes schedule. I will be doing Week9 of the nutes schedule starting tomorrow. I did a ph water flush today. She's smells amazing, I would say she smells like orange peels.

16-10-15_R2_WK15_FD49_1_.JPG
16-10-15_R2_WK15_FD49_2_.JPG

Very interesting subbed, great grow and documentation, i grew a pheno of the rc that smelled amazing raspberry candy smell at week 5, 7 but after that was just piny, anyways loving to watch this go i still have a seed or two of that might just go at it again, have you ever tried the blackjack from nirvana thats actually my favorite strain taste and daytime sativa high, amaaaaazingly fruity. Anyways this GHS SSH got me mumbling too much. Good night n keepem frosty:circle-of-love:

:welcome: Ketama, thanks for stopping in. I have not tried the BlackJack but it's on my list. I'm liking this plant, it's looks exactly like my Northern Lights one from Nirvana, but it smells very much like orange peels, I don't smell any hints of raspberry, but she smells great. Her buds are small, like finger shaped. Not like the big buds I got with Lemon OG Haze of Nirvana's. I'm harvesting my NL one and it's a pain in the but to trim, which I know will be the same with the RC. I did one Raspberry cough with mainlining, which will be a breeze to trim up. I wanna try most of Nirvana's stuff, though I've gotten some duds.

Very interesting subbed, great grow and documentation, i grew a pheno of the rc that smelled amazing raspberry candy smell at week 5, 7 but after that was just piny, anyways loving to watch this go i still have a seed or two of that might just go at it again, have you ever tried the blackjack from nirvana thats actually my favorite strain taste and daytime sativa high, amaaaaazingly fruity. Anyways this GHS SSH got me mumbling too much. Good night n keepem frosty:circle-of-love:

Your RC looks amazing frosty too mine wasnt the biggest producer either, made this golf ball size or a bit bigger nuggs not many long buds. But the blackjack is a must try in my book the tastiest smoke ever i had gave up my mom a couple of years ago from necessity not willingly, that is still a legend among m friends who tried it as the tastiest and best high they have tried even after being to amsterdam on the regular, you know commercial weed cannot be compared to what we grow ourselves, but i have a new seed popped and bushing up now most of my grow will be from it hopping its the same pheno, but i have seen a couple videos of people grow and looks exactly the same smell description as well...
But. If you have more seeds f that rc dont hesitate to try another later.
Great growing wish you a frosty heavy healthy crop.:cheer:

10/22/16 Week 16 Flowering Day 56 - She's just about ready to harvest. Cloudy and Amber Trichomes are visible. Bud hairs have darken and curled in. She smells like a barrel of orange peels, my friends and I do not smell any raspberry, but the orange scent smells amazing. I removed all her LST binds and I did a ph water flush today, and will be flushing her this week till she's harvested.

16-10-22_R2_WK16_FD56_1_1.JPG
16-10-22_R2_WK16_FD56_2_1.JPG

16-10-22_R2_WK16_FD56_5_.JPG
16-10-22_R2_WK16_FD56_4_.JPG
16-10-22_R2_WK16_FD56_3_1.JPG

Trichomes:
16-10-22_R2_WK16_FD56_1_.jpg
16-10-22_R2_WK16_FD56_2_.jpg
16-10-22_R2_WK16_FD56_3_.jpg

Woooowee nu that loods mighty frosty mate, wish u a smooth harvest full of buds and trim hash. Great growing.:bravo:

Sorry I apparently posted this is the wrong journal...

10/25/16 Week 16 Flowering Day 59 - Harvest Day (Part 1) So I decided to do a staggered harvest on this plant. She had quite a few ambers showing on all the top buds, which I cut. She was being flushed for the last few days. I washed and trimmed the buds, and have them hanging up to dry. I fed the rest of the plant with Week10 of the nutes schedule and placed back under the lights.

So much is left to continue under lights for more bud production. Here's what the plant looks like after being cut for the first harvest.
16-10-25_R2_WK16_FD59_2_.jpg
16-10-25_R2_WK16_FD59_3_.jpg

Buds after being trimmed, washed and hung to dry:
16-10-25_2_.jpg
16-10-25_1_.jpg

Trichomes:
S20161025_0003.jpg
S20161025_0002.jpg

11/9/16 Week 18 Flowering 75 - HARVEST DAY (PART 2) So she wasn't drinking much anymore, and her smell was starting to be faint. I did a flush for 2 days and then decided to harvest. I can't say a staggered harvest helped much with this plant. I think it helped with the trichomes but not making the buds bigger at all. The next time I grow this plant it will definitely be trained with mainlining. I washed most of the plant with the baking soda, lemon juice method with 3 buckets. I kept some on the side that wasn't washed for comparison. Everything is hanging up to dry.

I wasn't able to take pics of the buds like a like, cause I was too busy trimming tediously around small buds. One pic to show example.

16-11-09_R2_WK18_FD75_1_.JPG
16-11-09_R2_WK18_FD75_2_.JPG

11/13/16 - Well it's been about 2 1/2 weeks since it's been jarred and I have the weight of Part 1 of the staggered harvest.

Dry weight: @ 62% is 28.36g or 1.oz

Will post the weight of the Part 2 of this staggered harvest when it hits 62%.

Hope all is well in your world.

Thanks for sharing this grow with us.

Please head over to the 420 Strain Reviews forum and post your smoke report there too.

I’m moving this to Completed Journals now.

You can use the Report Post feature found at the bottom left of every post and we'll move it for you right away.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

I've been traveling for the holidays, and will be giving a final smoke report this week.

Happy New Year to Everyone

1/9/17 - So the second part of the harvest curing is doing quite well. It was jarred on 11/11/16 so it's been curing for 8 weeks now.

Dry weight: @ 63% is 30.26g or 1.06oz bringing the total weight to 58.62g or 2.06oz for the entire plant (both harvests, part 1 and 2) So I did make my goal of 2oz for this plant.

Great job Nunu, you did a hell of an amazing grow based comparison. It was very enjoyable to watch the different ways and mediums you took these plants to harvest with. Thanks for the final wrap up, your overdue reps are incoming now.. :high-five:

KiG :green_heart:cheers

Smoke report. I will post a rating between 1-10 (10 being the best, 1 being least) Please note, I'm a heavy user, so my tolerance is higher than most).

High intensity while Smoking with pipe: 5 (not very intense, I can get high after the 2-3 bowl, with at least 6-9 hits a bowl) I never feel incredibly fucked up no matter how much I smoke.
Taste while smoking with a pipe: 4 (don't really taste the berry or the sweetness)
High intensity while vaping: 5 (again not very intense, I can get high after repacking my Solo vape 2-3 times too) I never feel incredibly fucked up no matter how much I smoke.
Taste while vaping: 6 (vaping definitely has me taste the sweetness fruitiness a bit more than smoking)

I'm not sure I would buy these seeds again. I hated the trimming process, for the tiny tiny buds. I don't feel like it's a high THC rating as indicated on Nirvana's site. I'm willing to grow it again in a DWC tank since I have a seed left, just to see if a different medium can bring more out of this plant. I suspect that growing in DWC will make the trichomes plentiful and sticky, plus increase the terpenes' intensity a lot more.

I have to say 2 other friends and I are a bit disappointed in this one. We were very excited for a intense Berry or Fruity taste and smell match with an intense high. That is not what we feel we get out of smoking or vaping it. Especially for the tedious harvest and trimming that it required. It's a good day smoke, you can still get shit done if you're smoking all day.

Back
Top Bottom