NuLife's Soilless Lemon OG Haze Auto: Grow Journal 2016

Nulife

7/2/16 Grow Start Date of this Lemon OG Haze Auto Grow, this grow is 3 plants.

I'm growing Nirvana's Lemon OG Haze Auto Feminized Seed which is a predominately Sativa, indoor/outdoor short plant.
Seeds started with paper towel method, once popped planted in pots.
Closet Grow: 2' wide x 4' long x 5.5' High
Grow Medium: Soilless Organic CocoLoco/Perlite mix in a Two plants in a 3 gal Rootmaker Pot and One plant in regular 3 gal pot.
Lights: 300 Full Spectrum LEDs 40" away from plant. (size 8.3"x15.8"x2.4")
Light Schedule: First 2 Weeks 24 Hour Schedule, Starting Week 2 (14th Day) 18/6 Light Schedule)
Nutrients: General Hydroponics FloraMicro, Bloom, Gro, CaliMagic - PH Water only 6.3-6.5
Room Temp: 77-79 Degrees 48-52% Humidity - Temps controlled with central air.
Watering: Weds with Nutes & Sunday without Nutes
No Pest: Extreme cleaned closet & used Amdro Home Defense Pest Killer 24 hours before starting grow.

7/2/16 Germination in paper-towel, seeds popped and planted them in pots.

16-07-02_Day_1.JPG

7/16/16 Veg Stage Week 2 (Plant 1) Changing light schedule from 24 hour to 18/6 schedule.

IMG_66729.JPG
IMG_66709.JPG
IMG_66699.JPG

Now I officially feel like a stalker. I'm subbed to all your journals and will do my best to look over your shoulder should you need help. But feel free to search me out if you need to.

Looking good.

:peace:

Thank you for the warm welcome, truly appreciate it.

7/17/16 Veg Stage Week 2 - Water Day - Ph'd only (no nutes) - No light as of today, 18/6 light schedule started.
- Plant2: Ph 6.5 in 6.0 out (half gal)
- Plant3: Ph 6.5 in 6.0 out (gal)
- Plant1: Ph 6.4 in 6.0 out (gal)

Do you think its beneficial to have the lights on 24 for the first week or so? Only reason I ask is I have two autos on 18 and was really considering 24 light. I'll be watching this closely as lemon og haze would be a nice addition to the garden

Sent from my HTC One M9 using 420

Do you think its beneficial to have the lights on 24 for the first week or so? Only reason I ask is I have two autos on 18 and was really considering 24 light. I'll be watching this closely as lemon og haze would be a nice addition to the garden

Hopefully Nulife won't mind if I express my thoughts.

24-0, 18-6, or 20-4, or 16-8 is not going to make a difference in the first week.

IMHO, give them some off time from photosynthesis. They actually do things (internally, they move starch molecules to storage, house cleaning if you will) during the dark period.

EDIT: Let me add that I don't see a benefit in MY grows. That's not to say it won't do something for you or others. Try it. See what it does for you.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using 420

Here was my thought process this time around, after they pop I plant them in the medium, I give 24hr light for 14 days, so they can get a few leaves faster and some strong legs with the fan blowing moving them a bit. I want to make the plant as strong as possible fastest possible so she will grow strong and be able to be healthy hearty enough to snap back from any issues that have to be corrected. A strong foundation idea. lol We shall see. The more grows I'll do, I'll try different ideas that I've read about or saw and try ideas myself and come up with the best way for me. That's why I'm doing a variety of grows to learn what works for me first hand. My own little test runs that will be tweaked til I find my rhythm. I can't recommend anything yet on technique, still in the testing level of this experiment. LOL

When I find something cool or anything that makes my life easier regarding growing I will try to post it. Here's one little find I'm loving. These "Blunt Tip Fill Needles" are very handy, especially if you're pulling nutes out of big gallon bottles. Instead of trying to pour a big bottle into little measuring spoons, I use these needles to pull nutes from the big bottles, then add to the water or I measure first into measuring spoons if I need before adding to water. But there are measuring lines on the side. I just find it easier, with less spills, no lifting of the bottle and completely accurate. These needles do not have sharp point. I bought them off of Amazon, a package of 10 so I have one syringe for each product so there is no cross contamination. I labeled each syringe myself (yes I'm a nut). LOL

IMG_66757.JPG
IMG_66738.JPG

As for the last 4 journals I'll sub up for one more. You've officially peaked my interests. Can't wait to be growing alongside in this virtual space we call home. So now I'll just put my feet up and :rollit:

Initial rep. Boost, hold on tight... Great job making such big splash, this will be a fun journey to follow.

KiG :green_heart:cheers

As for the last 4 journals I'll sub up for one more. You've officially peaked my interests. Can't wait to be growing alongside in this virtual space we call home. So now I'll just put my feet up and :rollit:

Initial rep. Boost, hold on tight... Great job making such big splash, this will be a fun journey to follow.

KiG :green_heart:cheers

Hope to make everyone proud. :thanks:

7/20/16 Veg Stage Week 2 - Water/Nutes Day. I did Week 2 of my nutes mix schedule. I was measuring ppm run off but have read and now been told that it's not necessary. So one less thing for me to track, makes me happy. lol

Lemon1: ph 5.62 in 5.81 out - ppm 912

Lemon2: ph 5.80 in 5.72 out - ppm 770

Lemon3: ph 5.80 in 5.71 out - ppm 770

16-07-20_L3_Wk2.JPG
16-07-20_L2_Wk2.JPG
16-07-20_L1_Wk2.JPG

Decided to lower my LED light from 40" to 33" and a few hours later plant 2 & 3 already grew a bit more. Not exactly sure what the manufacturer's recommendations is. I saw a youtube video that someone had them at 24" but I didn't want to go that drastic, want the ladies to get use to it a little at a time. So I'll see if they can handle the light at this height then take it from there.

7/24/16 - Veg Week 3 - Water Day no Nutes

Lemon1:ph 5.66 in 5.90 out
Lemon2:ph 5.70 in 5.74 out
Lemon3:ph 5.70 in 5.72 out

The girls are looking good today, especially Plant1. Plant3 seems to be starting to come along but Plant2 doesn't seem to be growing much at all, and not sure why. I decided to put her under another LED light for 24 hours to see if that would help, though it's an auto. Not sure what else to do.

Does anyone know why out of 3 seeds planted of the same strain within 2 days of each other would be so drastically different in size, especially for an auto?

Plant2:

16-07-26_L2_Wk3_1_.JPG
16-07-26_L2_Wk3_2_.JPG

Plant3:

16-07-26_L3_Wk3_2_.JPG
16-07-26_L3_Wk3_1_.JPG

Plant1:

16-07-26_L1_Wk3_1_.JPG
16-07-26_L1_Wk3_2_.JPG

Back
Top Bottom