Bianca Feminized - MarsHydro 300 LED - Soil/Coco/Perlite

Your girl looks pretty awsome to me. I've yet to start my first grow...still in the learning phase. Would you recommend the mh 300 or maybe the 600. Both pretty reasonable price. I'll be doing a small grow as well...maybe 1 - 3 plants, keeping them short. What are you using for odor control?

Your girl looks pretty awsome to me. I've yet to start my first grow...still in the learning phase. Would you recommend the mh 300 or maybe the 600. Both pretty reasonable price. I'll be doing a small grow as well...maybe 1 - 3 plants, keeping them short. What are you using for odor control?

I'm still new to all of this but I would err on more light than not. If I were able to grow more than one plant, I'd be looking at the 600. I didn't control the odor at all, just masked it. Ran a candle in the main living area of the house for several days when the odor was strongest. Could be I got so used to it I didn't notice it as much but this particular strain didn't emit a great deal of odor until late flowering. I also would tape a laundry sheet up against the central air intake vent if I thought someone might stop by.

Day 65F- Well I hope I'm not making a mistake by waiting a bit longer to harvest. Of the 4 main colas, and I'm checking the top sections only, 1 seems to have more amber triches than the other 3. I'd say it's around 40% amber. The other 3 are all around 25% amber. All 4 are predominantly cloudy with a fair amount of clear too so overall, it's a mishmash and I'm not too sure how to proceed.

I'll be using this for night time meds to help with insomnia and general pain but I'll be honest in that getting a good head high is also desirable. From what I've read, Indica dominant strains, like this one, are usually harvested when it's around 50% amber for the triches.

I dunno. Any opinions or advice is welcome.

Maybe do a selective harvest - some now/soon, some later. Compare them once cured and see what floats your boat.

Maybe do a selective harvest - some now/soon, some later. Compare them once cured and see what floats your boat.

The only problem with that is, if I begin drying/curing one cola now, that's at least 10-14 days. By then, I'm guessing the rest could be past their prime. For my next grow, yes, this would be helpful but I guess I'm impatiently looking for a when-to-chop-now kind of answer. :)

The only problem with that is, if I begin drying/curing one cola now, that's at least 10-14 days. By then, I'm guessing the rest could be past their prime. For my next grow, yes, this would be helpful but I guess I'm impatiently looking for a when-to-chop-now kind of answer. :)

I'd consider it a learning experience. Chop a little now. Chop a little later. Chop some very late. Keep them all separate and take notes. It will be after all chopping and curing is finished, but you'll have a much better idea of what you want to do at the end of your next grow. You will also get at least a third of this grow chopped at the best possible time. The other two chops won't be all that different, IMO. You may find you like the earlier chop for some med's and the later chop for bedtime. This way you will have a little of each.

Thanks for some needed clarity, MP. Good advise and that sounds like a good plan so tomorrow, chop a little and let the dice fall where they fall. :)

Day66F - 9 weeks 3 days. There's no turning back now. And Major Pita & Cola Monster can suck it! You guys aint got nothing on me! :rofl:

I'm obviously poking fun at myself and without further ado, my 4 colas. :) I'll let the rest go a few more days as I continue checking the triches. Most of what's left is what I think you dudes call popcorn buds.

4Colas.jpg

Colas7.jpg

Cola120.jpg

Cola217.jpg

Cola312.jpg

Cola410.jpg

Chop +rep's headed your way. :bravo:

A little over 4 months from sprouting and the journey is almost over (assuming I dry and cure it correctly)!! I'm not sure I really need to buy a scale but from the looks of it, I'm guessing I might get 2 oz. total. Once it's in the jars it'll probably be easier to judge.

TheRest1.jpg

Stem17.jpg

Those 4 "colas" had 6 days to dry. A little disappointed as I was hoping I'd get an ounce from them but my guestimate is putting it closer to 3/4 of one. Buds look okay but that too is a tad disappointing. Oh well, live and learn! :)

Those are 16 oz mason jars. From what I've read, the larger 32 oz ones usually hold an ounce of weed that's why I'm guessing there's around 3/4 oz.

All the rest still needs a few more days to air dry and I'm hoping that provides 1 oz. so all in all, not too bad for my first attempt.

Cure14.jpg

Cure2.jpg

Ball1.jpg

Yield is one thing, but why are you disappointed in their appearance? They look good 2 me!

Yield is one thing, but why are you disappointed in their appearance? They look good 2 me!

I guess I was hoping for a bit more color. They seem a bit drab in appearance. Don't get me wrong though, I tend to be a bit critical at times and of myself. Keeps me in line and grounded. :)

Hope all is well in your world.

Thanks for sharing this grow with us.

Please head over to the 420 Strain Reviews forum and post your smoke report there too.

I’m moving this to Completed Journals now.

Have you started a new grow you would like to share with us?

If so, please feel free to start a new journal here: Journals in Progress

You can use the Report Post feature found at the bottom left of every post and we'll move it for you right away.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom