Bianca Feminized - MarsHydro 300 LED - Soil/Coco/Perlite

Day 31F- Buds are getting a bit more plump and sticky. I'm probably at the halfway point and hope to get my loupe soon. I find closeups of buds fascinating. Thought I had my first yellow leaf but I suspect it was from and earlier trim that I missed so here's hoping she keeps a healthy green throughout. :)

Day31F.jpg

Day31Fl.jpg

Day31Flo.jpg

Day31FCola.jpg

Awesome! You're killing it, Iggy! :bravo:

Awesome! You're killing it, Iggy! :bravo:

Bravo to you for getting me to flush her early on. Not sure I would have done that on my own. I still think about that damn supposed 'nitrogen claw' and how it happened with no nutes. Maybe it was the coco like you eluded to. The only other thing I can come up with was when I transplanted her to the 5 gal. from the smaller pot I may have pushed down too much and hurt the roots? Regardless, next time I think I'll pass on the coco.

I still think about that damn supposed 'nitrogen claw' and how it happened with no nutes. Maybe it was the coco like you eluded to.

That was an odd one. Really, I have no idea what caused it. I'm just glad it got sorted out.

Day 32F- Watered 5 quarts 1/2 strength GH Flora Trio (extra 1/2 tsp of Bloom) and 1/2 tsp CaliMagic. PH corrected to 6.5. Used a turkey baster with injector to suck up runoff which was around half a pint. Almost overnight is appears there are quite a few more of those brownish-red hairs (pistils?) on many of the larger buds. Hoping that's a good sign towards transitioning to the last half of flowering. Where the hell is that loupe I ordered?!?

:)

Day 33F- Once again I read more about defoliation in flower mode and once again I decide to go for it. So far my past pruning hasn't had any visible negative effects - as far as I can tell. Since it's my first grow I have nothing to compare the eventual bud growth/amounts to so I'm going on what seems logical to me. More light plus added nutes don't require as many fan leaves. Let's hope that logic holds up. :)

Day 35F- Week 5! Lowered the light to 12" from the highest part of the plant. According to MarsHydro, 12" is the closest during flower so I want to give her as much light as possible. I'll also keep a close eye to make sure she doesn't burn or bleach. Everything still looks good with slightly more browning of the bud hairs. Buds appear to be getting more dense and sticky too. Thinking about getting some blackstrap molasses to add to the next watering as well as the full dose of bloom from the GH Flora Trio.

Day 39F- Today I gave her a little over 5 qts of water fortified with 1/2 strength GH Flora Trio + 1/2 tsp extra of Bloom + 1/2 tsp of CaliMagic and 2 tsp's of unsulfured blackstrap molasses. Since I'm probably 2-3 weeks away this may be my last feeding based on what I've read about not feeding the plant nutes when 2 weeks from harvest. Maybe next week I'll give her just a light feeding. Still waiting on that damn loupe from China. :(

Note to self: Self, buy multiple plastic overflow discs for the 5 gal pail. They puncture easily. Grrrr .... :(

And here she is. :)

Day39F2.jpg

Day39F1.jpg

Day39F3.jpg

Day 46F- 5 quarts of water with .5 tsp/Micro & 1.5 tsp/Bloom from the GH Flora series. Lots more brown hairs. Buds might be a bit more pudgy but it's hard to tell since I look at the damn thing so many times a day. :) I suspect I'm going to end up with 4 decent colas, 3-4 so-so ones and lots of popcorn buds. Going to have to work on better training and yield next go around but so far it looks good given my first attempt.

Hey China, where's my damn loupe?!? Coming up on week 7, need to see those trichomes! :)

Day46F1.jpg

Day46F2.jpg

Day46F3.jpg

Day46F4.jpg

How's the MH300 doing for ya? Do you think it provides good coverage overall for her?

How's the MH300 doing for ya? Do you think it provides good coverage overall for her?

The fan noise has started to come and go again, otherwise it's appears to be working fine. Keep in mind I've got no prior experience but I suspect I could have had the unit much closer during veg. I think my slow growth and other issues were more nute-based and my continual raising of the light wasn't needed. Coverage wise, for one plant it seems to be fine. Many of the lower buds look good, and I'm assuming that's because they're getting enough light. I hope to get much better at LST next go around so even more light gets to where it's needed.

Overall, for the money, and assuming the fan doesn't need replacing, I'd give it a thumbs up. :)

Day 51F- Hmmm....lots of mild to moderate yellowing in various areas of the plant. Got tired of waiting for my way overdue loupe from China so I ordered a different one that'll be here tomorrow. I've got a feeling it's getting close. Or, it could be I just want it to be close. :)

Day 53F- Watered 5 qts with 2 tsps of GH Bloom. No more nutes going forward. Having finally obtained a loupe it looks like the trichomes on one of the top buds are 70% clear, 20% cloudy and 10% amber. 3 more days will mark 8 weeks so I know she's close to being done.

I could spend hours looking at the buds with magnification. Amazingly beautiful. :)

Day 56F - WEEK 8 - Trichomes on the upper buds appear to be around 70% cloudy, 20% clear and still only 10% amber. Most of the leaves are yellowing. So close to harvest I can taste it. :)

Day 60F- Trimmed off all the yellow leaves and checked the top of the four main colas with my loupe. Pretty sure I'll be cutting them tomorrow or Sunday the latest and begin drying them. I'll probably leave the rest for another couple of days depending on how those trichomes look. :)

Day60F1.jpg

Day602.jpg

Day 62F- I may have prematurely thought she was ready for harvest. :) Probably at least another day or two. Waiting for 30% amber on the trichomes.

Day62F3.jpg

Back
Top Bottom