Billyjack's Simple Hempy Grow - 2016

So far we continue to grow. Tomorrow I flip the lights

Today (Sept 30th)
20160930_101532.jpg

Prev pic (Sept 24th)
20160924_094532.jpg

Hey Billy. I don't grow in the same medium but I just read your journal and watch as they continued to get up n grow after a few thigs goin outta wack. Anyhow I wanna see you flower these out so I will come through everynow n again to check it out. Nice grow so far man.

Hey Billy. I don't grow in the same medium but I just read your journal and watch as they continued to get up n grow after a few thigs goin outta wack. Anyhow I wanna see you flower these out so I will come through everynow n again to check it out. Nice grow so far man.

Hey, a fellow Mainer. Thanks for stopping by. I have to say, I love the ease of the Hempy bucket/Coco/Perlite. I also like using a simple fertilizer. I have used expensive ferts, built complete soil and I just do not have the skill to really take advantage of more advanced growing products. I focus on PH, RH, temp and do as little extra as possible.

Hell yes that counts. I have lived in CA, AZ, NV, NC, NY, CT and FL, Maine is the best place I have ever lived.

Yup it counts. I have lived in ND, GA, NC, CO, MA, ME and FL as well. I have to agree with you there 420% on the Maine thing. Love it here.

:passitleft:

Yup it counts. I have lived in ND, GA, NC, CO, MA, ME and FL as well. I have to agree with you there 420% on the Maine thing. Love it here.

:passitleft:

The first thing we noticed was how nice the people in Maine are. Having lived and/or worked in NY for 15 years, I was skeptical of peoples motivations (many times for good reasons). But when people approach you here, almost always its because they just want to say hi or offer to help with something. I love Portland and South Portland. Great food places too. Our daughter lives in Boston so she is only 2 hours away. Such a great place to live. I like Boston too, great place, too many red sox and Patriot fans though.

Thanks Dank, appreciate the support.

Today (Oct 10th)
20161010_132403.jpg

Previous Pic (Oct 3rd)
20161003_145419.jpg

Here is my update. I just added tomato (2 Tbls For Flower) fertilizer. Everything just keeps chugging along.

I have found that growing cannabis is a lot like playing golf. Buying Pro level equipment when you are a amateur actually makes life harder than if you started out with beginner equipment. Simple setup, simple fertilizer and minimal additions keeps my grow on track. My growing skill is about on par (pun intended) with my golf game. I am not going to play an impressive game of golf but I can get through 18 holes, have fun and not slow up play. I have tried pro level golf cubs "blades" and it was a disaster. The sweet spot on these clubs is about the size of a dime and if you hit it "just" right, it will go a country mile. If you have the skills, you can fade/draw the ball, put on back spin, keep it low or if the wind is to your back, hit high and let the ball sail. If you do not have the skills to use the "blades" all you have is club with a really small sweet spot. I have also tried to grow with pro level equipment and it went just about as well as my foray with pro clubs, a lot more difficult with an outcome that is not acceptable.

Love the golf club analogy Billyjack! When I used to golf those perimeter weighted irons (Ping Eye 2) best suited me. My friend was a scratch golfer back then (probably still is) and had a set of blades that I tried a couple of times and it was a disaster.

I miss the golf and the friends on the course, but I've got a bad foot now and am content with the friends that I make in my tent.

I have found that growing cannabis is a lot like playing golf. Buying Pro level equipment when you are a amateur actually makes life harder than if you started out with beginner equipment. Simple setup, simple fertilizer and minimal additions keeps my grow on track.

It's a common trap many of us fall into. Logically, it makes basic sense to get the best gear from the get-go.
KISS is the rule to use and keep in mind from day1.

Back
Top Bottom