Black Domina x Zombie Virus - Sweet Zombie Grow Journal

Sweet Zombie looks a bit lonely in the tent lol
Will soon be due for an up-pot, will probably do 10L cloth (or about 3 Gal to my US friends) as it's a photo-period plant
Means going into town to get some coco and surreptitiously getting it into the flat is always fun... not

Sweet Zombie in vegetation:
sweet-zombie-vegging-burple-LED.JPG
sweet-zombie-cannabis-plant.JPG

Me in vegetation
:ganjamon:
She is a pretty one :circle-of-love: I know what you mean! I have a moped and have to pick up my soil from my local shop. I strap it to my ped and try and get it into my house without any wondering eyes, never fun! And my neighbours love a good chat :rofl:

It’s always a pleasure to see your grow Roy, I secretly see it but give myself away with the likes lol

Btw how’s the chunky skunk smoke for y’a?

Have a great weekend
Hi Mate - the Chunky Skunk is just about ready to smoke
It's nicely dry [55% RH] but still becomes a bit more sticky in the grinder, and the smell is well, you couldn't ask for anything more to remind you of Amsterdam - I used to go there every couple of months to meet breeders, check out new strains etc
Reputed to be around 20% THC, all I can say is that the hit feels stronger than that but also kind of mellow too

Bottom line is it's shit hot, so poor old Roy has to choose between Green Crack or Chunky Skunk every day, but I think I can cope... :ganjamon:

Cheers, have a good weekend too Amigo

Hi Mate - the Chunky Skunk is just about ready to smoke
It's nicely dry [55% RH] but still becomes a bit more sticky in the grinder, and the smell is well, you couldn't ask for anything more to remind you of Amsterdam - I used to go there every couple of months to meet breeders, check out new strains etc
Reputed to be around 20% THC, all I can say is that the hit feels stronger than that but also kind of mellow too

Bottom line is it's shit hot, so poor old Roy has to choose between Green Crack or Chunky Skunk every day, but I think I can cope... :ganjamon:

Cheers, have a good weekend too Amigo

Amsterdam I love it, super silver haze and Azjan haze, jack herer haze, like Amsterdam for me was smoke all sativas all the time, and great hash too.

Looking forward to your smoke report on the chunky skunk, I’m feeling mine is gonna make it to harvest.
:peace:

What's the best way to LST?

It has grown quickly and the bottom shoots are now good for at least 4 clones, maybe 6
The main stem has grown quite thick, so I can't bend it much, so instead I think I might plant it in one corner of a 10L pot at a 45° angle, then train the top around the edge of the pot a little
All the branches on the stem will then grow directly upwards, giving me my canopy and I always have the option to take more clones as I go

Any suggestions?

She is a pretty one :circle-of-love: I know what you mean! I have a moped and have to pick up my soil from my local shop. I strap it to my ped and try and get it into my house without any wondering eyes, never fun! And my neighbours love a good chat :rofl:
I might just get a few of those coco bricks and rinse it in pH 6.0 CaMg - I'm not really a big fan of them, but they do work fine and far easier than lugging a 50L bag around

What's the best way to LST?

It has grown quickly and the bottom shoots are now good for at least 4 clones, maybe 6
The main stem has grown quite thick, so I can't bend it much, so instead I think I might plant it in one corner of a 10L pot at a 45° angle, then train the top around the edge of the pot a little
All the branches on the stem will then grow directly upwards, giving me my canopy and I always have the option to take more clones as I go

Any suggestions?

If I may suggest one slightly extreme setting, the idea on plantin on an angle is great I have done that. It give you the chance to bend the apical dominant branch to the other extreme of the pot tie down and allow everything in between to shoot upward.

32987E1D-A1F5-40EA-9BDC-6B845FEBEF8D.jpeg
A6D6B9BA-A4F8-4956-8A74-A8B76694C137.jpeg

If I may suggest one slightly extreme setting, the idea on plantin on an angle is great I have done that. It give you the chance to bend the apical dominant branch to the other extreme of the pot tie down and allow everything in between to shoot upward.

32987E1D-A1F5-40EA-9BDC-6B845FEBEF8D.jpeg
A6D6B9BA-A4F8-4956-8A74-A8B76694C137.jpeg

They will stretch to the point where the flux of light is optimal, most likely the new shoots will travel as high as the main tip was located (that being the sweet spot for flux).

This allows you plenty of shoots ready to clone, the down side is you will need to keep training the shoots as they will want to become dominant.

They will stretch to the point where the flux of light is optimal, most likely the new shoots will travel as high as the main tip was located (that being the sweet spot for flux).

This allows you plenty of shoots ready to clone, the down side is you will need to keep training the shoots as they will want to become dominant.
That is what I thought, so your comment is exactly what I wanted to see/hear
Thanks for your input
Cheers

That is what I thought, so your comment is exactly what I wanted to see/hear
Thanks for your input
Cheers

What are your plans, cloning or flower?

It could give insight on where exactly is your sweet spot, as you will see node spacing decreases as the shoot gets closer to the optimal flux of light.

Hello my friend.

LST questions. I may be the last girl you would ask for that. I don't do a single lick of any LST on any girl, photo or Auto. Photos get a little HST in the beginning with an obvious topping, then some good old bend and snap on some branches if I see they are too close together come say week 3 of flower then nothing again until I HST them again droughting at week 7/8.

I'm not really sure why I don't, I just know that I'm less than helpful here. Wish I wasn't.

Hello my friend.

LST questions. I may be the last girl you would ask for that. I don't do a single lick of any LST on any girl, photo or Auto. Photos get a little HST in the beginning with an obvious topping, then some good old bend and snap on some branches if I see they are too close together come say week 3 of flower then nothing again until I HST them again droughting at week 7/8.

I'm not really sure why I don't, I just know that I'm less than helpful here. Wish I wasn't.
No, I don't usually either lol

What are your plans, cloning or flower?

It could give insight on where exactly is your sweet spot, as you will see node spacing decreases as the shoot gets closer to the optimal flux of light.
Not sure maybe a bit of both

Decided to try something different
Going to put 2" of rinsed Perlite in the bottom of a 10L cloth pot
Then I am going to mix 50/50 frass/perlite/coco I prepared a couple of weeks ago with a new-to-me coir-based compost which has a great texture, pre-charged with Mg and Fe, pH 5.7-6.0 and includes some kind of vermiculite and Silica

I will plant at an angle and tie the top down and see what happens; I am hoping to starfish the branches and maybe top once more if I need to flatten the canopy again

Sure I will need to supplement P and K in flower, but because it is buffered I can use my usual coco nutes at that stage

Decided to try something different
Going to put 2" of rinsed Perlite in the bottom of a 10L cloth pot
Then I am going to mix 50/50 frass/perlite/coco I prepared a couple of weeks ago with a new-to-me coir-based compost which has a great texture, pre-charged with Mg and Fe, pH 5.7-6.0 and includes some kind of vermiculite and Silica

I will plant at an angle and tie the top down and see what happens; I am hoping to starfish the branches and maybe top once more if I need to flatten the canopy again

Sure I will need to supplement P and K in flower, but because it is buffered I can use my usual coco nutes at that stage
:popcorn:
Sounds like a good plan

Hey Roy :ciao: I rarely do any manipulation other than topping and super cropping. I have tried all sorts of bending, tying, putting weights on the ends of branches ect but these days a single topping and super cropping keeps everything nice and even and encourages the lower growth upwards much love brother :circle-of-love: :passitleft:

Hey Roy :ciao: I rarely do any manipulation other than topping and super cropping. I have tried all sorts of bending, tying, putting weights on the ends of branches ect but these days a single topping and super cropping keeps everything nice and even and encourages the lower growth upwards much love brother :circle-of-love: :passitleft:
Yep, that's all I would usually do, but as this is a photo-period I thought I'd try fill out the tent with it just for a change
The Gelato-K in the tent will just be double-topped and there is one JH/AK auto in the corner too which will just do it's thing without any work :cool:

Back
Top Bottom