Blazinjones's Hydro - Ebb 'n Flow - Grow Journal - 2016

Ok thanx for the info n yea for fox farm nutes I dnt think they work gud with an air stone n ok I'll work on keepn the res. Temp down how else wud I take care of tht problem other than frozen water bottles

I also got a bag of perlite and a brick of coco 2 add 2 my soil which is happy frog soil which is gud jus sum of my plant I'm noticing tht thy drain super super slow and other really fast so I was guna mix in the perlite wit sum soil so wen I transplant them it will have the perlite and the coco in there

Ok thanx for the info n yea for fox farm nutes I dnt think they work gud with an air stone n ok I'll work on keepn the res. Temp down how else wud I take care of tht problem other than frozen water bottles

With the LED's your temps will go down, so the res temps will follow, but anything else you can do to get temps down will effect the res. Increase the ventillation and/or vent from a cooler area, up the A/C, etc. They do make res chillers, but they're expensive and take up space so I'd try to stick to the lights & ventillation to keep temps in check, if possible.

It should be less of an issue when summer is over! :)

Ok kool thanx for all the help brother aftr I clean out my shed 2morow in a put the ladies in there tht way I will b able 2 hook up more stuff jus do 2 my wall plug in r in short supply inside plus I'm blowing the breaker out in the shed I won't plus it has more wall plug ins n my tent will fit in there wen It gets here but yea I hope 2 hav a nice grow shed setup with in a few days here

PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF THE POTTING SOIL IM USING IS GOOD FOR THE PLANT IAM A BEGINNER GROWER THANKS IN ADVANCE
Here are the ingredients present in the potting mix(All 100% Organic) : Coir Pith, Vermiculite, 100% Organic (NPK Fertilizer, Humic Acid, Organic matter, Fe,Mn,B,Zn, Glutamic Acid, Methionine, Alanine, Folic Acid, Aspartic acid, Threonine, Serine, Leuci ne, Lysine, Histidine, Arginine,Proline, Glycine, Valine, Isoleucine, many more and Additives.

Good job BlazinJones with bringing in the new blood.

You keep a constant flow of new plants like that and before you know it this flood and drain thing will work out for you.

Lots of hydroton, that's good. Where I am in South America finding that substrate is 1000X harder than finding illegal drugs and hookers, not that Vlad would know about those things :bongrip: 3rd world problems

concern: Like Krip said , the res temps are the only thing bothering me. Get them down cool or else bacteria will inevitably form and begin consuming your nutrients, especially the Nitric Acid.

I have been keeping a reservoir for almost a year and what I've learned is that even a res without plants in it will have a slow PH rise over time, a clear sign of microlife activity.

PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF THE POTTING SOIL IM USING IS GOOD FOR THE PLANT IAM A BEGINNER GROWER
THANKS IN ADVANCE
Here are the ingredients present in the potting mix(All 100% Organic) : Coir Pith, Vermiculite, 100% Organic (NPK Fertilizer, Humic Acid, Organic matter, Fe,Mn,B,Zn, Glutamic Acid, Methionine, Alanine, Folic Acid, Aspartic acid, Threonine, Serine, Leuci ne, Lysine, Histidine, Arginine,Proline, Glycine, Valine, Isoleucine, many more and Additives.

Sounds good but wait for a 2nd opinion I'm not the soil guy. Somebody will mention if you need to mix that with something else to avoid burning young plants etc..

Ok so I got a 650 gram coco coir brick 2day n it yields 8 liters so does any1 know how long do I let it sit in the water like do I wait 4 it 2fully absorb ALL the water or jus most of it till all the coco is saturated then drain out the excess water if any1 has any info on coco I wud greatly appreciate it

K so I transplanted four of the plants I had in veg into bigger containers n I used 16 cups happy frog soil and added 9 cups of coco coir and 6 cups of perlite will show pics. In a lil while Wen I get back 2 the ladies

20160815_215454.jpg

20160815_215541.jpg

20160815_215610.jpg

These r my plants in the soil setup they seem to b liking the new soil I did with the coco n perlite mix into happy frog soil

OK...here's some quick info...

Our plants don't normally live in water, they live in soil. The reason why hydro works is that we give them highly aerated/oxygenated water. The need the oxygen in the root zone to survive; and the higher the temps get, the MORE O2 they need.

If your res temps are too low, the plant will go into shock. If your res temps are too high, it will decrease the amount of available oxygen in the root zone which is a "double whammy" since, just when the plant needs more, there's less available!

Ideal res temp is right around 68*-70*F. For every 10* over 70*, the amount of available O2 in the res gets cut by something like 50%.

The 76*F you're running is OK. My temps have been that high. I do also use a root zone optimizer (Dutch Masters Zone) to help deal with potential issues. If you can bring it down, that's great, but if not, you're much better now that you were! :goodjob:

20160816_145014.jpg

This one plant has sum weird spots showing up on the undergrowth any1 wit info I wud greatly appreciate it

20160816_145034.jpg

20160816_145040.jpg

These r my soil setup plants and they are drooping pretty bad Idk how long do they usually stay stressd from transplanting into bigger pots so may b Thts y cuz I jus transplanted them yesterday

20160817_030810.jpg

This 1 is a close up view so u can c the purpling of the stem and the spotting on the leaves
20160817_030904.jpg

This is so u can c the drooping and slight turning yellow of the leaves and I also found this tiny tiny lil Brown Beatle 2day on the leaf it didn't do but in like wat a hole in the leaf r but in so I think it's safe n it was the only one I found 2 but I didn't no wat it was if any 1 cud help me figure it out I wud greatly appreciate it

Back
Top Bottom