Blitty's Burkle Bubble Grow

ya that sounds good thing about HPS's is they actually arent that hot....i always had to worry bout the temps with my MH and im actually having to deal with it now...but on my last grow once we threw the HPS in there temp's were never a problem anymore so i cant wait for that....not to mention it will only be on 12 hours a day :)

I removed the water pump, raised the light a little. and added a few frozen bottles, Got the temps down a few degrees. :surf:

For 82 degrees those roots are looking quite good! But that is really high...Do u have any space to lift up the bucket 1-2" to allow airflow underneath it? And maybe duct-tape a towel to around it to insulate it..Hope u get it down tho!!

+rep for great looking plants, and fast improvement!

edit: will +rep asap..need to spread the love :p

Good advice WoW, I totally agree. Using a moist towel around the tank, and raising it are both good options.

What are the ambient temps in your grow space? prolly pretty high as well with those rez temps. Start there, cool the room and you cool the rez. Also, find a permanent way to insulate the rez, I use reflective tape on my rez to help curb the heat, and keep it dark in there. You can additionally try to cool the air you're putting into the rez, hide your air pumps from the hot lights! hope this helps.. :goodluck:

Is it one of the stick-on ones for aquariums? That's what I use. I hope your temps get down soon. What's the temp in the room your going in? Maybe it's a bit too hot in there too. Later -:peacetwo:

Good advice WoW, I totally agree. Using a moist towel around the tank, and raising it are both good options.

What are the ambient temps in your grow space? prolly pretty high as well with those rez temps. Start there, cool the room and you cool the rez. Also, find a permanent way to insulate the rez, I use reflective tape on my rez to help curb the heat, and keep it dark in there. You can additionally try to cool the air you're putting into the rez, hide your air pumps from the hot lights! hope this helps.. :goodluck:

Yes, it is a stick on meter. Hard to read whether its 78 or 82. I will def. try wrapping a moist towel around it. Its true my grow area is usually in the mid-eighties, there's not a whole lot I can do about it...I can deal with it though, since my last few harvests have been respectable.

Thanks so much guys!! :bongrip:

Roseman, Why does SH use the light-colored reservoirs? Shouldn't they know by now to just sell darker ones so that people don't have to cover them with towels themselves? Just wondering... :peace:

WEEK 3 UPDATE

So..I've gotten the temps down and the PH dialed in. Some very impressive growth from at least one of the plants lol. That is the Burkle in the middle that is blowing up (interesting that I used that clone's name in the title of the grow randomly and now that plant is overachieving).

She is pretty much completely blocking out the smaller OG Kush plant next to her. I am seriously considering pulling out the Burkle and putting her in her own bubble bucket, and just leaving the four plants in the tub. Thoughts?

SAM_0952.JPG

SAM_0949.JPG

SAM_0953.JPG

eye spy indicas and sativas in the same bucket! i would definitely separate the two. i did this once and lets just say it wasnt fun when the indicas were done. other then that looks like a nice little grow you got goin on.

Im using about 400 wts of CFL's inside a closet. I plan on throwing on my 1000wt hps in the middle of flowering....So hopefully I can get the temps down soon. :yummy:

Just be careful man. Your temps are already boderline... Im afraid a 1000w, unless got serious cooling, would cook em. even then, you will need atleast 2'. A 600w with those CFLs sounds like it would do awesome. You need a sealed and vented reflector with 500cfm atleast

Back
Top Bottom