Blue Dream from Humboldt Seed Organization

snack420

Strain Name - Blue Dream
From - Humboldt Seed Organization
When - 2/9/2015
Price - grown from seed (harvested Oct 2014), not purchased (grow journal is linked in my signature)
Type - Sativa dominant hybrid
Appearance - dark green with many dark red hairs
Smell - earthy, fresh, somewhat woody odor, hints of clover
Taste - sweet, mysterious
Type of Buzz - For me, it starts more cerebral and makes me somewhat giddy for the first 45-60 minutes or so, and then it changes to a nice relaxing body high for the next two hours or so and I definitely get the munchies
Length of Buzz - 2-4 hours, depending on how often I'm using it
Best Medicinal Use - appetite enhancement, insomnia, pain relief, anti-anxiety
Overall - I love the taste and smell of blue dream, though the bud I grew was not quite as compact and pungent as the kind I bought a couple of years back. Also, my plant happened to hermie so I ended up with a fair number of seeds as well, which ended up contributing to the overall bud weight.

I had some blue dream from a CA friend a couple of years ago and really enjoyed that strain more than many I had had before that. So, when I decided to grow my own, I wanted to try my hand at blue dream. It worked out really well and for my first grow, even though only one of two seeds germinated, I still ended up with a killer plant that yield around 3 ounces of excellent bud. It wasn't quite up to the same awesomeness as the kind I had got from my friend, but it still tasted and smelled very similar. I would definitely recommend this strain to anyone looking to relax a bit and taste a really unique cannabis flavor.

2015-02-09_21-22-36_235.jpg

Nice review man!
The problem with S1 beans is that they can produce hermie, although it never happened to me. Another thing is that you'll get at least 3-5 phenos from a seed like that, and you might not be able completely to get the clone version experience. But I was really amazed by my own HSO seeds, which turned out to be some excellent stuff!

I ordered this for my first grow. My friend grew blueberry once and it was amazing. I like sativas so I thought this would be the best thing for me. Also I want to trust HSO, I don't know much but I've heard that Humboldt County California has been all about weed for a very long time.

I only want to grow one plant, should I germ two and see which one turns out better? Just ditch one when it's time to transplant into a bigger container? What are the chances that I'll be okay with just the one? I only got 5 seeds.

Nice review man!
The problem with S1 beans is that they can produce hermie, although it never happened to me. Another thing is that you'll get at least 3-5 phenos from a seed like that, and you might not be able completely to get the clone version experience. But I was really amazed by my own HSO seeds, which turned out to be some excellent stuff!

Thanks Conradino23! I should give the HSO Blue Dream seeds I have another try for sure. From what folks are saying, it totally could've been stress that caused the hermification and not the genetics itself, but of course, it's hard to really know from a single seed grow!

Do you know how I can find which strains are S1 seeds and which aren't? I'm having trouble finding that info at any of the seed bank sites. Thanks!!

:Namaste:

I ordered this for my first grow. My friend grew blueberry once and it was amazing. I like sativas so I thought this would be the best thing for me. Also I want to trust HSO, I don't know much but I've heard that Humboldt County California has been all about weed for a very long time.

I only want to grow one plant, should I germ two and see which one turns out better? Just ditch one when it's time to transplant into a bigger container? What are the chances that I'll be okay with just the one? I only got 5 seeds.

Hi Galeno!

Humboldt is definitely known as one of the best places on the planet for growing outdoors due to the climate there. I met a grower from out there and he told me it is definitely a big deal out there. All the greatest herb I got in college was always supposedly from Humboldt county; but I guess I really didn't know for sure.

I originally intended to grow 2 blue dream plants, but only one seed germinated so I just grew one. If I were to do it again and wanted to grow a single plant, I would do the same, try to germinate 2 or 3 seeds, and then pick the one that looks the healthiest from the bunch, assuming they all sprout. I've read that a lot of people do it this way to grow the strongest of the bunch. You probably only need to let them grow a couple of weeks until it is evident which one is best. I ended up harvesting about 3 ounces of herb from my first grow, so one plant can definitely be sufficient (though it is going fast!) :)

Thanks Conradino23! I should give the HSO Blue Dream seeds I have another try for sure. From what folks are saying, it totally could've been stress that caused the hermification and not the genetics itself, but of course, it's hard to really know from a single seed grow!

Do you know how I can find which strains are S1 seeds and which aren't? I'm having trouble finding that info at any of the seed bank sites. Thanks!!

Listen man, you'll never find out them listed as "S1" specifically, because that's a jargon for breeders and more experienced growers. But they always say that they produced them from a clone in description or from original plant which is the same as clones that get passed around in Cali or CO are 95% females, sometimes maybe a breeder could start passing around a male clone, but I think it's very rare :)
Anyway, these seeds are supposedly bred in Cali, but they cannot sell the on your side so they are sold and shipped from Spain. What I heard is HSO is a company bankrolled by British capital and with a lot of seeds produced also in Spain, mostly autos. Anyway, they claim that most of these big classics like Sour Diesel, Trainwreck, Green Crack, Chem Dog and Blue Dream are still produced there, and from my experience it might be true cause what I got was top notch!

My Trawinwreck
trw35.jpg

trw_bud5.jpg

My Green Crack
gcharvest_8.jpg
gcharvest_9.jpg

:Namaste::lot-o-toke:

Hi Galeno!

Humboldt is definitely known as one of the best places on the planet for growing outdoors due to the climate there. I met a grower from out there and he told me it is definitely a big deal out there. All the greatest herb I got in college was always supposedly from Humboldt county; but I guess I really didn't know for sure.

I originally intended to grow 2 blue dream plants, but only one seed germinated so I just grew one. If I were to do it again and wanted to grow a single plant, I would do the same, try to germinate 2 or 3 seeds, and then pick the one that looks the healthiest from the bunch, assuming they all sprout. I've read that a lot of people do it this way to grow the strongest of the bunch. You probably only need to let them grow a couple of weeks until it is evident which one is best. I ended up harvesting about 3 ounces of herb from my first grow, so one plant can definitely be sufficient (though it is going fast!) :)

Why waist a plant or two? Some plants may look weak/small in VEG and then take off in flower. Some look weak/small early in flower and then BOOM and fatten up late in flower.

I wouldn't advise picking a plant by how it looks in VEG only.

At least take a clone or two from each plant. Grow out the clones, or mother plant. If you don't like the smoke, cull the clones/mother or grow them out and then move on to the next seed while you flower the ones you don't plan on keeping. I read a journal where a guy did your method and then was kicking himself for throwing out the clone because... It turned out to be a beast but she didn't show her legs until late flower. :hmmmm:

If you have unlimited access to seeds then forget what I said and do whatever you want.

Back
Top Bottom