Blue Dream x Tutankhamon x Green Crack

Hah
Starting to get those roots established on the bigger ones. They'll really take off now

Hahaha I was writing about the roots when you replied. In fact like you I think as soon as roots get better the younger one will start off. I had watered to much. I think people claiming rockwool can t be overwatered doesn't talk about young seedlings.

Hah

Hahaha I was writing about the roots when you replied. In fact like you I think as soon as roots get better the younger one will start off. I had watered to much. I think people claiming rockwool can t be overwatered doesn't talk about young seedlings.

Same with coco. You hear all the time that you can't overwater in coco because there is 30% oxygen at all time and a bunch of other nonsense. The truth of the matter is that if it is saturated all the time you can get problems. Root development can be much slower and you can develop algae and other things. You may not be able to technically drown a plant in it but it can be overwatered. Somehow over time the two got mixed up. The first couple weeks or so can be really detrimental if overwatered in coco just like you are finding out with the rockwool as well. The nice part is all you have to do is let it dry up a bit and they bounce back just fine. I'm sure yours will be right on track in a couple days.

Same with coco. You hear all the time that you can't overwater in coco because there is 30% oxygen at all time and a bunch of other nonsense. The truth of the matter is that if it is saturated all the time you can get problems. Root development can be much slower and you can develop algae and other things. You may not be able to technically drown a plant in it but it can be overwatered. Somehow over time the two got mixed up. The first couple weeks or so can be really detrimental if overwatered in coco just like you are finding out with the rockwool as well. The nice part is all you have to do is let it dry up a bit and they bounce back just fine. I'm sure yours will be right on track in a couple days.

Thank you for sharing your knowledge about coco! I have made a mix of coco (50%) x perlite (20%) x platinum soil grow mix perlite (30%) to put it under the hugo rockwool cubes. Didn't want to waste the soil but in the future grows I may definitely abandon soil based medium.

For the moment I placed a little fan blowing air gently on the bottom of the rockwool to help them dry quicker.

Regarding the current grow I ll update with pics when I harvest. Not much things happened lately except the buds kept developing and pistils turning more and more brown. I moved to 11/13 schedule and watered last two times with cold water. Hope to get the plants understand they have to finish now but without being to harsh on them with a 14 or 15 hours lights off schedule. I hope they finishe by Sunday cause I plan to leave one week next month and would like to flip them on May 1st.

I may use a scrog net to keep them low. Didn't use it before cause I had 5 plants but now with potentially 10 plants it will be easier to manage and keep them low and prevent anyone to decide growing taller than the rest (this would mean having to put the lights upper and give the smaller ones less light....)

Cheers guys and thanks for your support

Edit : for anyone scaring about transplanting in late flowering, tutankhamon seems to have never realized she has changed pot

Week 11 flowering update :

Do you think she can make it? I let the cube dry a few days. After transplant I feed with 2ml per liter of voodoo juice + piranha + tarantula + rhinoskin + b52 + CalMag and 1.5ml/l of biocanna biovega. Didn't overwater the cubes and the big rockwool cube has so much air in it! This one is truly impossible to overwater because of it s size and how it s made! I highly recommend! Can't wait to see how the plants grow in it!

The plants will be exactly placed like that in the grow space. The measures are right perfect fit. There will be a space being the pot in the middle. This will be where the cold air will spread around to give fresh air to the bottom of the girl's. There will be a fan for the upper part

Do you think she can make it? I let the cube dry a few days. After transplant I feed with 2ml per liter of voodoo juice + piranha + tarantula + rhinoskin + b52 + CalMag and 1.5ml/l of biocanna biovega. Didn't overwater the cubes and the big rockwool cube has so much air in it! This one is truly impossible to overwater because of it s size and how it s made! I highly recommend! Can't wait to see how the plants grow in it!

The plants will be exactly placed like that in the grow space. The measures are right perfect fit. There will be a space being the pot in the middle. This will be where the cold air will spread around to give fresh air to the bottom of the girl's. There will be a fan for the upper part
The little Blue Dream that got over watered will be fine. The new growth is looking fine so all is well. Those leaves toward the bottom will need to be removed in a few days. They won't recover. But all looks good

The little Blue Dream that got over watered will be fine. The new growth is looking fine so all is well. Those leaves toward the bottom will need to be removed in a few days. They won't recover. But all looks good

Thank you for your advice! I ll do that if she keeps recovering

The plants are looking good. I don't know if the pot that is in the middle will be big enough for the roots of the 2 plants. You may end up with stunted plants. I love how you used a coco mat to cover the soil.

Why have I not been following this??? (rhetorical)

I am now..... very cool grow system..

:popcorn:

The plants are looking good. I don't know if the pot that is in the middle will be big enough for the roots of the 2 plants. You may end up with stunted plants. I love how you used a coco mat to cover the soil.

Thank you I m trying to learn how to grow in rockwool. Regarding the 2 plants in the small pot, looking at these encouraged me making that choice :

Isn't it impressive? So big plants in such little pot! I think roots develop in a more efficient way on rockwool. When I first saw those videos I was amazed!
Plus I plan to veg only 2 more weeks so I m not looking for much big plants (SOG like)

When I woke up this morning I had too blue dreams that look droppy like needing water. I touched the rockwool and in fact it was starting to dry. I will have to be careful during the next day as the huge rockwool cubes seems to retain less water than smaller grodan. Plus I guess the plant as also to root deep in it to access more moisture. So I may have to water twice a day during the next few weeks. I have ordered too small pumps to see if I can grab the excess of water that goes in the water reserve and redistribute it to the top so that I don't loose the excess water (and feeding). I should get it tonight. I hope the size will be OK to fit the height of the water reserve. This would really allow me not to worry but wasting nutrients and water, and also program an automatic daily watering with the water excess. Sounds marvelous on the paper lol. I ll keep you informed

Thank you I m trying to learn how to grow in rockwool. Regarding the 2 plants in the small pot, looking at these encouraged me making that choice :

Isn't it impressive? So big plants in such little pot! I think roots develop in a more efficient way on rockwool. When I first saw those videos I was amazed!
Plus I plan to veg only 2 more weeks so I m not looking for much big plants (SOG like)
I use a DWC (DeepWater Culture). I used rockwool on my clones this time around. I find it is works well it making sure the roots don't rot. But you don't want it to sit in water.

Yesterday some of the girls were looking very bad. I had put them inside during the night to keep the 76F temp. I think that when I transplanted, I shouldn't have let them outside cause it was pretty warm under direct sun and the cubes were kind of hot. When I touched them during the day I realized they were draining lots of water and the top center (where there is the smaller rockwool) went dry.

I decided to take the rockwool out of the pot and add soil between them to keep more moisture and prevent them from drying to quickly. I guess when you have a matured plant you can leave her without worrying as the roots are spreaded enough to reach any moisture available. But when they are young you have to keep watching them especially after transplant as the big cube tends to absorb the moisture of the smaller one. I hope this will help people planning on using rockwool. Another time I learnt it the hard way but it s fine. Now I know!

I don't know if they will ever recover. I let them make their lives during a few days then see what I decide. It s hard to see plants dying. I had not lived that since my first grow. Then I even felt soil was so easy to grow weed and it was really hard to kill a plant. Things are bit different in rockwool

Hope this will help some one days :Namaste:

I gave them adjusted ph water with rhizotonic. I ll keep monitoring moisture and see what happens

Do you think they will recover? @Asesino85 @Derbybud pardon me to tag you but I would really appreciate your insights. I don't think the girls will recover so I m thinking about just put them out the two big pots and put each of the two fastbuds green crack that are OK in a big pot

Do you think they will recover? @Asesino85 @Derbybud pardon me to tag you but I would really appreciate your insights. I don't think the girls will recover so I m thinking about just put them out the two big pots and put each of the two fastbuds green crack that are OK in a big pot

I've seen plants way worse than that recover. With that being said, I really don't know anything about the system you are running and why they look like that. What's the difference between those 4 and the other ones that look happier and healthier?

No problem tagging me but I'm not familiar with using rockwood as a grow medium. It's just spun glass that I would think would heat up in the sun and not hold water very well. Now that you put them in soil and are using that watering system it looks like your over watering them. I see problems with your watering system also. It's going to water more at the first tap from the pump and less at the last. Like Ase said seen way worse than those make some great plants. Look at my latest harvest of my White Widow and go back to when I tried to kill it. Looked worse than yours.

Back
Top Bottom