Blueberry Autoflower Grow Log (start to finish)

exfootdoc

420 Member
Here is my grow log. It runs from start -- November 23, 2021 to final harvest (tonight) February 26, 2022. Hope you enjoy reading it. All comments are welcome.
OOPs...how do I upload a pdf file? (I also have it saved as a word doc if that is any easier to upload). File attachment only seems to accept picture files?!?

OK.....I understand I can upload various pic files. I have no url as the file I want to upload is on my laptop and is either a pdf or a doc file with both text and pics embedded. So if you all want to read it, I need to upload it in one of these formats.
If I do a cut/paste I am pretty certain that it will only copy the text and not the pictures. What is/are your suggestions?

Until I figure out my upload options, here is the text part of my journal.....

Blueberry Autoflower Inside (Closet) Grow Log

“Grow room” is a closet covered inside with silver mylar sheeting. 2 (generic) LED grow lights are used – (1)
blue/red/IR/UV (45W heavy on red spectrum) and (1) full spectrum (600W heavy on blue and red spectrums + cool
whites), both on same timer. Small 6” fan is used for air circulation. Closet door is not kept fully closed to assist air
circulation and temp/humidity control. Plant will be turned ¼ revolution per day to assist even light distribution. Seed
planted is a Regular (not-feminized) Blueberry Autoflower. This is a predominantly indica strain. Soil is a mixture of commercial topsoil, humus, and perlite. Nutrients: Veg24-8-16; Bloom10-54-10 + potash for extra K+. An air recirc activ carbon filter installed mid flowering (02/22).

Week #1
November 20, 2021 Seed in (warm) water with cotton fluff to germinate.
November 22, 2021 Seed germinated and put into soil (taproot down).
November 25, 2021 Seedling breaks through soil (LED Lights on 18/6 timer schedule) . Sprout stage starts.
November 27, 2021 First leaves + 2” stem (plastic cup humidity tent being used).

Week #2
November 29, 2021 Second set of leaves (humidity tent d/c’d as grow closet is retaining enough humidity).
December 01, 2021 Sprout continues slow growth, 3rd set early leaves start. Plant will now be turned ¼ rev per day.
December 04, 2021 More Leaves + 1st nodes; Beginning of vegetative stage (?)

Week #3
December 06, 2021 ½ strength nutrient given – ¾ cup 24-8-16. Early vegetative stage. Small leaves starting to grow
from node areas. A small watering globe (<1 cup H2O) inserted so plant can drink from soil as needed.
size: approx 5.5”x4.5”x2.5” (LED timer schedule increased to 20/4).
December 08, 2021 1st stipule appeared but too early for sex determination. (Small watering globe lasts 24h).
December 09, 2021 End week 3. Grew a bit in 1 wk. 5 point top leaves. Now: approx 8”x7”x4” in size.

Week #4
December 12, 2021 1st 7 point leaves starting to grow from top. ½ strength NPK nutrient given – 1 cup 24-8-16.
(Note: small green watering globe on left side, clear globe on right is cov’d by leaves)
December 16, 2021 End of week #4. Size: approx 9”x 8”x 8½ ”. Grew slightly. No real change from above pic.
Small watering globes were d/c’d, as I was concerned plant was getting too much water.

Week #5
December 19, 2021 The large original 7point fan leaves (3 of 4) developed a large amount of rust colored patches
and lost their deep green color to now be light/pale green w/some yellowing. Condition appeared to be spreading over
past 3 days. Leaves appear to be dying. Plant was checked under magnification for any bugs – none were noted on tops
or bottoms of affected leaves. As plant is in the pre-bud vegetative stage, I sprayed plant with some “Seven” in an
attempt to kill any bugs that might be there. (If it is safe for vegetables, I figured it would be OK for a plant with no
buds). I also defoliated these “diseased” leaves. I wanted to make sure that plant did not have a nut deficiency so I
mixed up my own cal-mag-sulf tx from my reef tank supplies and sprayed the top layer of soil with it. Also, increased my
NPK nut to full strength and fed the plant. I’ll see what happens. (ps: Still no early signs of plant sex are yet seen).
Note: white residue is dried “seven” spray.
December 21, 2021 Leaves retaining their green color and no new “rust” patches noted. Still not healthy deep green
in color but looking better. Sprayed top soil with my CMS soln and gave plant another small drink of water w/NPK nutr.
December 23, 2021 Plant still not back to deep green color but is “looking” better. (Is this as “green” as its going to
get?). Top soil dry - plant lightly watered last night. Still no overt signs of plant’s sex yet. Size: approx 15½”x9”x14½”.

Week #6
December 25, 2021 (Christmas present?) Noted what appears to be an early pistols/pre-flower at plant top. (Looks
like I have a girl!). Defoliated bottom leaves which are shrivelled/dying (original (2) single leafs and (2) 3-pt leaves).
Decided to go to a large self watering globe w/H20 + 1/2 strength NPK + a bit of my CMS so plant can feed as needed.
size: approx 16” x10” x17”
December 28, 2021 Plant growing, but it seems to have a LOT less foliage (less dense) than my 1st grow. Size now
approx: 19”x 10½”x 20”. Color looks better – nice green color (but not as deep green as when it was younger) w /no
yellowing or rust on leaves. Note: Plant has used approx 40% of watering globe which should last 2-3 days.
December 30, 2021 End of week 6. Watering globe is now empty. I will refill same today. Small amount of growth.
No visible changes from above pics 2 days ago. Possible beginnings of early pre-flowers are observed. Still not as bushy
as 1st grow. Size is approx: 20”x18”x22”. LED lights raised up to max height possible for best cov’g and heat dissipation.

Week #7 (Week #1 of flowering)
December 31, 2021 (Day 1 of week 7). Beginnings of a flower/top cola. Plant has grown a few inches in only 1 day!
Size approx: 22”x18”x25”
January 01, 2022 (Happy New Year!) Plant appears to be at end of veg stage and has entered beginning of
flowering stage. Plant looks identical to above pics BUT it has grown slightly over 1” since yesterday – almost 27” tall.
Also, small pre-flowers now observed at lower levels. (Note: 1st Blueberry grow was approx 29½” tall at harvest). I will
stay w/present nut (NPK 24-8-16) for additional 1-2 weeks to help “stretch” stage of growth. Plant looks “healthy”.
January 03, 2022 Plant growing and small flower areas becoming easily visible with white pistols. Bottom ½ of
plant is “bushy”, whereas top ½ has much less foliage. Size approx: 24½”x20”x28½”. (Week #1 – Flowering Stage  I
don’t have to worry about “transition” stage of flowering as this is an “autogrow” plant. Straight into “stretch” phase).
January 04, 2022 While the top ½ of plant still does not have as much foliage as 1st grow (see above pics from
yesterday), the WxH of plant is now greater than the 1st grow!  size is approx. 27½“x20½“x30” (vs 29½“H). Will this
lead to more/bigger colas/nugs? Still visibly looks like the above pics.
January 05, 2022 End of week #7. Gave plant some wood ash last night from fireplace  source of P+K (0-1-3).
size approx: 27½”x22½”x32”

Week #8 (Week #2 – Flowering)
January 06, 2022 Start of week #8. Still in “stretch” stage  center stem height now up to 33” (up 1” since
yesterday). Still looks like yesterday’s above pics. Pistols/pre-nugs are now very distinct. Plant looks healthy. Refilled
watering globe with watery NPK nutr (24-8-16). When height seems to have stabilized, I will switch to a lower N, higher
P+K, watery nutr soln to help flowers/buds develop.
January 07, 2022 Size approx: 27½”x22½”x34”. Slightly taller but widths seem stable. Still in “stretch” stage.
January 08, 2022 Height remains at approx 34”/86cm. (Widths are also unchanged). Research shows H runs
between 50-75cm (w/max H at about 110cm). So, at 86cm this grow is doing OK. If it stays at 34” tomorrow, I’ll switch
to my bloom fert. Stretch phase may now be over and now I’ll have to concentrate on helping the developing bud areas.
January 09, 2022 Height is now just under 35”, width shows negligible change. Stopped veg NPK (24-8-16) fert
and switched to bloom fert (10-54-10, ¼ tsp to gal H2O) + added wood ash for extra K (approx 1 tbsp to gal) (+ about an
ounce (to the gal of H20) of my homemade C-M-S), to try and stimulate bud growth. Will give some of this soln/feeding.
January 10, 2022 After switching to bloom nutr yesterday afternoon, I’m surprised to observe that there was
addln plant growth overnight. (3) bottom leaves were pruned that were dying/dead. Otherwise, plant appears healthy.
(Maybe growth phase wasn’t completely finished. We’ll see over the next few days.)
Size is now approx 28”x24”x36”/91.5cm.
January 11, 2022 My teenage girl seems to still be slowly growing  today H=37”/94cm. Widths unchanged.
Foliage is a good color. The plant seems to be tolerating the augmented bloom fertilizer with no noticeable ill effects.
Buds do not show any appreciable change in size/shape. Last night I changed lighting from 20/4 to 24/0. I will see if I
notice any beneficial changes. No physical changes from above pics observed.

Week #9 (Week #3 – Flowering)
January 13, 2022 Beginning of week 9 since sprouting/week 3 of flowering. Size has been stable for past 2 days
w/H=38½“/98cm. Pics don’t look any different from 3 days ago. I think that all plant (W-H) grow action is over and all I
can do now is watch buds develop. (They don’t look any different from pics 3 days ago). I’m impressed by plant’s height
but NOT by size and amount of early bud formation. (Height is approaching maximum for an indoor grow of Blueberry!)
(Plant top looks “anemic” compared with my 1st grow. I tried doing
everything as “correct” as possible this time but 1st grow had a denser top & increased scattered early bud development,
despite all the errors/mis-steps I made with my 1st grow attempt ). Now it’s time to let her grow and see!
January 14, 2022 Noticed these “growths” off stem nodes and I was worried that plant might have gone “hermie”
on me overnight. Some research revealed that these are female bracts/calyxes and there are a bunch of them scattered
about the plant! (I removed 1 and broke it open – it does not reveal any pollen sacs. ie: plant is female!). No pre-seed
or seed was seen either.
(Note: H+Ws basically unchanged).
January 17, 2022 Gave some more bloom nutr this am. Its difficult to tell but I think the buds are getting bigger
and the top cola is SLOWLY starting to fill in. Height is stable at approx. 40“/102cm  upper limits for an indica BA.
(Visible changes are getting very hard to discern).
January 19, 2022 End of wk9/fl3. No observable changes from 2 days ago. Fed plant w/plain H2O today.

Week #10 (Week #4 – Flowering)
January 20, 2022 Start of wk10/fl4. No visible growth or changes noted from pics taken 1/17/22. Is this REALLY a
Blueberry Autoflower? BA’s are stated as usually going from seed to harvest in about 8 weeks. We are at 10 weeks and
the growth is nowhere close to being ready. Was the seed mislabeled? Did its genetics have a bit more sativa in it? Oh
well, at least she is alive and growing. Buds are visually consistent with a flowering plant at 3-4 week stage. At least
flowering is on schedule. Let’s see what we get!
January 21, 2022 Soil feels very dry so I gave some more augmented watery bloom nutr this am. (Runoff is clear).
January 22, 2022 Top 2 knuckles of soil feels dry, so gave some plain water today. Since yesterday my original
LARGE 9 point fan leaves, coming from stem nodes, are losing their color. Other fan leaves, from branches, look fine. Is
this a nitrogen deficiency brought on by too much watering or just natural yellowing as grow gets deeper into flowering
stage and is more concerned with bud formation than leaf maintenance? Also, the top cola seems to be filling in a bit as
the spaces between the buds seems to be shrinking but the buds themselves don’t actually look any bigger. (See pics).

wk10 (vs wk9 )
Addendum: Its 12 hours later and I was going to get plant ready for the night. (I turn it 1/8
rotation at night and in morning for a total of ¼ revolution/day for even light distribution). I noticed that the affected
fan leaves have gotten worse (A LOT more yellowing) since this morning. Only the early large 9 point fan leaves coming
directly off the main stem (at nodes) seem to be affected (not those originating later on from branches). On the chance
that they might have some type of “disease”, I pruned them away a total of 10 of the largest fan leaves (5 nodes). I
noticed that all the removed leaves had reddened stems. Tops and bottoms of removed leaves were checked under
magnification for any bugs/mold  none was observed. I’ve read that reddening of stems can be caused by excess
lighting and the loss of leaf color could be caused by many factors. I feel the plant has rec’d adequate nuts/H2O and my
“hand by cola” does not feel too warm/hot (ie: lights not too close). If nothing else, removing the affected leaves will
let more air and light get to the lower buds. Hopefully, I did more help than damage to my grow.
January 23, 2022 Quick note: Grow looks fine today. No ill effects from mild defoliation during flowering noted.
January 25, 2022 I am both concerned and confused. Larger fan leaves at all levels of the grow are yellowing and
appear to be dying. Also, I noticed that a very few of the pistols on various buds are turning brown/amber. Cut off 1
sugar leaf from top cola to examine the tricomes under 120x mag. Virtually all are clear but a few are milky. These
findings would not concern me if I was approaching a harvest. But this girl is a month (or more) from that stage and the
top cola and other buds all look underdeveloped/anemic. Online searches are not helpful as they could indicate
anything from bad seed genetics, root rot, overwatering/nut, or too much/little light. (Soil temp is 650F, bud/cola temps
are 740F, blue/red light is 8” above cola, full spectrum light is 16” above cola, soil moist but not wet – so these all seem
to be in “WNL” range).
(Size still stable at approx. 28”x22”x40”)

Week #11 (Week #5 – Flowering)
January 27, 2022 After getting some advise online, I treated the plant leaves directly with MgSO4 for past 2 days
with no noticeable effect. The yellowing is spreading to all levels of the plant’s fan leaves (getting A LOT worse). Leaves
checked for mold or bugs  none found (good!). As these dying yellow fan leaves are of no use to the buds, I defoliated
about ¾ of them. (Yes, I know it is not recommended to prune autoflowers, especially during flowering). To de-stress
the grow, I gave it some extra nuts  50/50 mixture of veg and bloom nuts (17-31-13). I noted that some of the pistols
are turning amber (maturity vs stress?). Hopefully I don’t wind up killing my young lady. I’ll see how she fairs.
January 29, 2022 The fan leaves are continuing to yellow and die. I have done all I can. Some of this yellowing
may simply be part of the flowering/bud development cycle (but my 1st grow did not have it systemic like this grow). I
have not seen any further growth or bulk to the buds/top cola. However, they are sticky as “heck” and a lot of tricomes
are visible. Magnification shows almost all are clear – rare ones are milky. More pistols are turning brown. The plant
now has a pleasant, mild, but definitely noticeable, “pot odor”. I will probably hook up my new carbon filter tomorrow.
(P.S.: I had no idea that carbon filters were this large and heavy! It should clean up the smell nicely and add some CO2).
January 31, 2022 A few more leaves that were yellow are actually drying up and dying. Otherwise, the plant does
not look any different (and the buds do not seem any bigger or fuller). (Keep at it Girl!)
February 1, 2022 My wife, who has a Vulcan sense of smell, sight, and hearing, complained that she could smell
my pot plant from across the house and from behind a closed door. (I can’t smell anything until I get right next to plant
and then all I perceive is a mild “green plant” fragrance). So, it pushed me to finally install my activated carbon filter in
an attempt to keep the peace. System is a recirculation setup within my closet grow. No changes noted to my grow.
Pic1 shows recirc/vent fan, duct, and activated carbon air filter
w/prefilter.
February 2, 2022 Leaf yellowing has slowed to stopped. At this point leaves look more like dying from natural
causes ” old age”, as the bud process continues. The buds themselves don’t look any bigger – its too hard to tell. I
viewed the tricomes today and more pistols are now amber and milky tricomes make up about 10%, the rest are clear.
The activated carbon filter DOES seem to work as I no longer note the cannabis fragrance at all (approx cost was $85).

Week #12 (Week #6 – Flowering)
February 4, 2022 The buds do not look any bigger, fuller, or denser. Still feeding her with bloom fert/H2O. It does
not appear that she is going to “bulk up”. Tricomes are unchanged – still mostly clear, scattered milky, rare ambers.
February 6, 2022 The buds continue to not look any bigger, fuller, or denser. (Maybe the popcorn/larfy buds at
inside bottom of plant may be a bit fuller [but not the cola] – see pics below). Still feeding her with bloom fert/H2O.
(Compare with 1/29 pics)
February 8, 2022 I will start plant on 100% water today (no more nuts from this point forward to harvest”Flush”).

Week #13 (Week #7 – Flowering)
February 9, 2022 My first try at getting tricome pics. Tried taking it w/cellphone + 25xHeadgear . My hands are
not steady enough for this. (ps: The tricomes appear fully milky but this is a somewhat blurry photo [which makes them
seem milky] . They are actually mostly clear in appearance (a few are milky). Pics are of a sugarleaf and a budflower.
February 10, 2022 This is the part of the grow where you get really antsy. The waiting starts getting to you.
Blueberry Auto is “supposed” to go from seed to harvest in about 8 weeks. I’m now in week 13! I trimmed off ½ a
sugarleaf from top of main cola and looked at the trics under about 100x (60-120x mini-microscope). So, most of them
look clear but about 1/4 have amber in their top knob. Only a scant few have milky stems and tops. It appears that over
10% of the trics have already lost their top knobs. Well over 90% of the cola pistols are brown and curled. I think I’m
getting close to harvesting of the top cola. (Note: With my 1st grow, I waited for trics to go >50% milky. It never
happened. They went from fully clear, to clear with some amber heads, to loss of their heads – with only clear stalks
remaining. My cured harvest gave a mild head high with minimal couch lock (unless you did a bunch of bowls! then
you will have trouble standing). I want to try and not make the same mistake with this grow). This looks like its going to
be a harvest that will be done in 2-3 stages separated by 1-2 weeks apart to give the bottom 2/3 of buds additional time
to ripen/develop. (Sorry, I can’t do pics with the mini-microscope). Pics taken w/cellphone (last 2 w/25x headgear lens).
February 13, 2022 Today is “harvest 1” day. The tricomes on the cola are starting to lose their heads and stalks are
shriveling. Some are milky, a few with amber heads, rest seem to be clear. Pistols are completely brown/amber and
fully retracted. Therefore, I decided to harvest the top cola today (midwk flower 7) before additional tricome damage
occurs. Cola is just under 9”. The cola was given a gross wet trim of fan leaves and then hung upside down to dry. The
rest of the plant will be allowed to mature a bit more before I harvest it. Without the cola, the rest of the grow is getting
much more light. Hopefully this will help the remaining buds that were lower down. I lowered the red/blue LED (now
5” above), but kept the main LED where it was (now approx 20” above).
harvested cola + post-harvest1 plant (compare to 2/8/22 pic)
February 15, 2022 It may be wishful thinking but I think the buds around the plant are filling in/bulking up a bit!
The lower down the plant you go, the more extended fully white pistols you will find. Even the upper buds are mostly
white with some brown mixed in. With mag, the trics remain mostly clear but some definite milky ones are noted on the
uppermost buds. Leaves seem fine. My lady definitely needs additional time for her upper and lower buds to mature.
I’ll try not to rush it. Meanwhile, the harvested top cola remains drying upside down from a hanger. (No pics today).

Week #14 (Week #8 – Flowering)
February 17, 2022 Beginning of week 8 of flowering. Fan leaves are turning yellow but sugar leaves are nice and
green. More top pistols are turning brown and retracting. Still have full white pistols at bottom 1/3 of plant. Trics under
25x mag show more are starting to get milky heads but no amber heads/shafts are observed. Still flushing with H20.
The harvested top cola was (overly) dry after hanging for only 5 days so it was dry trimmed and put in jar w/62% Boveda
pack. It weighed in at 1/4oz (7.3g). It is airy, not hard and compact. Sugar leaf trim was ground to salvage some kief.
(cellphone pics with 25x lens over camera lens)
February 18, 2022 Harvest 2 today. I harvested based on pistols being brown and trics being a mixture of clear and
milky, but many trics have lost their heads so I’m worried it may have gone too long. None seem to have amber heads or
stalks. Also, many leaves are yellow, dried out, and dying (like a leaf in autumn). Nugs are very sticky – glad I have
gloves. Buds grossly wet trimmed of all fan leaves and of the large sugar leaves. Bottom branches still have buds
w/erect white pistols so will let them go a bit longer. Lowered my LED lights accordingly.
(post “harvest 2” pics)
February 21, 2022 Harvest 2 feels dry but sticky. While branches still have a bit of bend to them, I don’t want them
to get overly dried like (grow 1 and) harvest 1. Nugs were stripped from branches and put into mason jars to start their
cure. Harvest 1 was just over 7g, harvest 2 was 2 jars – approx 30g and 32g. SO….so far I got approx. 2.5 oz. and I still
have final harvest (3) to go! Harvest 3 should be ready in a few more days. Not bad for a plant I thought looked anemic!

Week #15 (Week #9 – Flowering)
February 24, 2022 Today is “the” day  “Harvest 3”, final harvest of Grow #2. Branches were wet trimmed of their
fan leaves, given a gross wet trim of their excess sugar leaves, and then hung upside down to dry. Even though over half
the harvest was “larfy” buds, all are nicely sprinkled with tricomes! (Remember, LARFY buds are better than NO buds!).
Once again, sugar leaf trim was saved, and will be dried, in an attempt to salvage some of the kief.
Pre-Harvest Post-Harvest
Wet Trimmed and on hangers to dry (in dark closet)
February 27, 2022 Today is the last day of this grow log. Dried buds were cut from branches and put into quart
mason jars to start their cure. The buds from this journey now have only 1 stop left after their cure  my pipe bowl!
final harvest = 1oz (5g bottle 1 and 23g bottle 2)

Addendum to Grow Log: Partially due to inexperience (?), I overly dried my 1st (successful) grow and after a 6 month
cure (with 62% Boveda pack) nugs remain very dry/crispy. Drying time was 7 days. It still is a good “heady” smoke.
Although I watched my plant’s progress better with this grow, my 1st harvest of (this) grow #2 also seemed to dry out
too much even though I only dried them for 5 days. (For harvest 2+3 I will err on the moister side -- <5 days). After
reading that you can rehydrate your overly dry nugs by putting a piece of fresh lettuce in your curing jar, I tried it. Guess what?? It works! After 8 hours (overnight), they now have some softness/spring to them. I can’t say it helped the
potency at all, but it did help the quality by not having the buds crumble in your fingers – they are now softer to handle, slightly more aromatic, and burn slower. I would recommend this method to anyone who wants to salvage overly dried out buds. Ps: You can feel how much moisture was sucked out of the piece of romaine lettuce. Not to be wasteful, I put the piece of lettuce on a vegetable clip and put it in my reef tank for my fish to munch on (and they did).

1= harvest 1 (7g), 2+3 = harvest 2 (32g+30g), 4+5 = harvest 3 = 23g+5g)

Comparison of Grow #1 and Grow #2 (same seed lot)

Blueberry Autoflower Grow #1 Grow #2
Seedling August 1,2021 November 25, 2021
Harvested November 1, 2021 February 13-24, 2022
Max. Height at Harvest 29½”/75cm 40”/102cm
Approx. Dry Yield 2.5oz 3.5oz

HAPPY GROWING! HAPPY TOKING!

(yes, I know pics would help but if I bulk load my grow pics, they won't have captions and therefore make little sense. That is why I would love to be able to upload my pdf file of the log.)

Bottom line pics......dried weed in cure jars (#1=7g [top cola]), #2+#3= 32g+30g [top-mid plant]), #4+#5= 23g+5g [bottom 1/3 of plant]). Pic is approx 2 weeks prior to my first stage harvest.

harv3_6.jpg

wk12_full.jpg

Hope all is well in your world.

Thanks for sharing this grow with us.

Please head over to the 420 Strain Reviews forum and post your smoke report there too.

I’m moving this to Completed Journals now.

Have you started a new grow you would like to share with us?

If so, please feel free to start a new journal in Grow Journals in Progress

You can use the Report Post feature found at the bottom left of every post and we'll move it for you.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom