Blueberry & Durban Poison Cross Project

Sounds like your playing mad scientist haha! Glad you found a male!
mad scientist, yep! I'm glad it's all coming together.

Another side of this whole experiment is that I'm testing the nutes. Both me and my gf are using advanced nutrients during the entire grow. However, I'm using the additives that go along with it. For example, the bud-phase additives Bud Ignitor, Big Bud, and Overdrive. Also, B52 for b vitamins and rhino skin for silica. Hers were definitely looking sickly when I checked them the other day. But that was a calmag deficiency. Once she can get them out of the water in that respect, we can see what the Connoisseur can do without the extra additives. They're fun and they make sense and give a sense of being able to steer the direction the plants grow in. But if they don't produce a really remarkable difference, then maybe they're not worth the expense and the time.

Curious about the water you use and if you are ph'ing the AN even though it doesnt need it according to them?
Ive ran AN in coco before and I enjoyed their carboload product. Also used overdrive before.

Curious about the water you use and if you are ph'ing the AN even though it doesnt need it according to them?
Ive ran AN in coco before and I enjoyed their carboload product. Also used overdrive before.
I've just been using tap water, but i put it in a bucket with an airstone for at least a day before mixing whatever nutes are required at the time. No, I haven't been checking the pH, not even once. Last grow, I attempted to control the pH and just ended up adding a lot of pH Down and the plants did not like it!

Carboload, eh... You like it?

BB1, balls getting bigger day by day!
P_20190126_174615_vHDR_Auto.jpg

Also, I bought a new t5 fixture. 4 bank, 2 foot lamp. This one goes in the Auto tent, waiting patiently, like i am, for the cuttings to take root.

P_20190126_173559_BF.jpg
P_20190126_173617_vHDR_Auto.jpg

The clones are still looking good. I lost 2 out of 4 jacks early on, and no others since. Should only be a few more days.

Hey everyone. Sorry to hear about your mold on the air pots. That fluorescent fixture looks nice! I like them in my veg box as they seem to stay warmer than led’s and they’re able to be quite close to the top of the plants.

I'm looking forward to getting the clones under there for sure. Do you think they would root better under the t5s than my 45w led panel? I just want to use what's best.

BB1

I'm posting pics of the daily development of this plant because you just don't see enough male marijuana flowers. I like em.

P_20190127_164333_vHDR_Auto.jpg
P_20190127_164340_vHDR_Auto.jpg

As for the others, the Green Crack is trying to catch up. The jacks responded immediately to the change in photoperiod, getting taller and even thicker stems, long white pistils. The Durbs are all flowering nicely. I just forgot to take pics, and now they're in bed.

So, first day of flower was January 18, when I got back from my trip. Everything is well into the first stage of flower, 9 days later. I think i saw the first flowers inside the first week. Contrast, the Blues at my girl's house still haven't shown sex, although flipped on the same day or so. I am using Bud Ignitor, but she isn't. Maybe it was worth the paycheque after all. It's awesome to be able to make this comparison.

My autoflowers are also doing great. Why not check em out, link in signature. Thanks!

I had to go away unexpectedly for a few days. I think my plants like it when I go away. Was it something I said?

It's the end of week 2 of flower, and everything is established and flourishing. The heights all vary, which is to be expected when combining several strains in one go. As expected, BB1 is the tallest, by a long way. The Green Crack is the shortest, as was the plant from which i got the seed. The two Durbs in air pots are equal height and taller than DP3, but DP3 has shorter internode spacing. The two Jacks are equal height and look about the same. And that's all of them. Buds everywhere. And today, i switched from Bud Ignitor to Big Bud, and reintroduced B52 to the mix. EC all around was 1.8.

THE GARDEN
P_20190131_165103_vHDR_Auto.jpg

THE JACKS
P_20190131_165113_vHDR_Auto.jpg

DP1 and DP2

P_20190131_165117_vHDR_Auto.jpg

DP3

P_20190131_165120_vHDR_Auto.jpg

THE LITTLE GREEN CRACK

P_20190131_165150_vHDR_Auto.jpg

I'm going to put BB1 in its own post, because I have several cool picture of it I think you would like to see.

BB1

This sucker is gonna pop any day now. After a day or two has passed when the thing for sure is spreading pollen, i will put it in the Auto tent. Day or two there, and out it comes, and into the garbage can.

This plant is so different from all the other Blues that I can't help but wonder if it's another strain that accidentally got mixed into the pack of seeds I bought.

P_20190131_164946_vHDR_Auto.jpg
P_20190131_165109_vHDR_Auto.jpg
P_20190131_162021_vHDR_Auto.jpg
P_20190131_162042_vHDR_Auto.jpg

And finally, my little foray into the wilderness gave the cuttings enough time to root. There was only one which was iffy, but i transplanted it anyway. Why not. I even got two clones of BB1, so that I have the option to pollinate the offspring of this whole experiment in exactly the same way, with exactly the same genetics.

Now, the little LED propagation cabinet is dark, and the t5 unit is coming into play. I think it's gonna be good.

P_20190131_154106_vHDR_Auto.jpg
P_20190131_154207_vHDR_Auto.jpg
P_20190131_154233_vHDR_Auto.jpg
P_20190131_154241_vHDR_Auto.jpg

Healthy flowers going to spill today. Since the autoflower plants are further along, i put BB1 in there for a day-long party. It can do its thing, and I'll put it back in the photo tent before curfew. Same process tomorrow. Then I'm back to work on Monday, so I'll probably just leave it in the photo tent because the plants in there will be nearing peak readiness for pollination.

P_20190202_105015_vHDR_Auto.jpg

Here's how we look today. This weekend is the culmination of all this work. I germinated the seeds Nov 20, about 70 days ago. This weekend they're not just flirting any longer. This is what it's all been aiming at, and I'm past the point of no return.

I bent BB1's branches over to widen its range, and removed most of the upper fan leaves. Anything that looked like it would be getting in the way.

Also, the ladies are starting to get their crowns, and the taller Durbs stand around 3 feet tall.

I like em.

P_20190202_184336_vHDR_Auto.jpg
P_20190202_184326_vHDR_Auto.jpg
P_20190202_184346_vHDR_Auto.jpg

Back
Top Bottom