Blueberry Headband

When you top the plant, it forces the plant to divide it's auxins between the 2 new growths which itself is a slow down, but when done before she matures into alternating nodes, you can keep the plant short and force her to go wide while adding the amount of flowering tops. It's like pros and cons I guess. I would expect an untopped plant to grow taller and faster, but likely to yield less, though that is just a guess as I've never not topped a plant except maybe after it was clones and already alternating nodes. Then I just top to intentionally slow them down to let the side branches push out a bit more.

Unfortunately I’ve already done everything I can to gain the most vertical space without having to remove and mount the driver elsewhere. When I ran the 100 W LED from Spectrum King the plants grew into the glass cover and I noticed the slightest flower bleaching happening. That was about 3 inches from the light engine so I’m not terribly worried. They were actually using Samsung’s Acrich light engine in that fixture before anyone else got into the “white light” LED market for horticulture. Also I’ve always noticed this sad look after feeding too heavy. Usually most of the leaves perk back up with an exception of a few that will be left rigid and “clawed”. I’ll definitely keep you guys updated in a few days with another photo shoot.

Back
Top Bottom