Blueberry Headband

Yeah bro! Topping and training is the way to go! Especially when your running with the height challenges your dealing with. You could top, and train to have your self a nice sized bush, then start super cropping when they start getting too close to the light!

Normally I would say the top as those colas would be further along then the rest, but I’d hate for you to take from your prized possession of a main cola before it’s finished. Shoot damned if you do, damned if you don’t. Lol it’s up to you man!

Are those seedlings in saturated cubes? If yes, I think they will both damp off and die. Seedlings are super sensitive to wetness.

Yes but there’s an aerator in the water and I think this is how this system is supposed to work (DWC)? You think I’d be better off without the reservoir and aerator? The lights and aerator run for 16 hours a day.

I never did DWC so can't comment with certainty, but I've accidentally damped off plenty of sprouts in their first days from being over zealous with keeping the cubes wet. In fact, I almost lost both of my AP's and am now on the verge of losing both of my IB sprouts. If you've done this system with sprouts before disregard my opinion, but otherwise, search the term "damping" to get more info as there's plenty out there.

I think you're in the perfect spot for DWC, ie a basement, but I'm of the belief that the sprouts need to get good and rooted before they can be put into the drink. The kicker though with most types of hydro is the addition of a pot and res means you lose head clearance. I just switched from a top feed system to soil and reclaimed a good 18" of vertical space.

Back
Top Bottom